Urbik vs Miller at RG

YoloinOhio

Not sure of Miller's status for this week with his groin injury - bit for those who watch line play who do you think looked better - Miller or Urbik? I know Miller had struggled a bit the first 2 weeks, not unusual for the rookie starter but could we be better off with a vet on the right side? I know urbik wasn't good last year but new scheme this year and he was decent in the past. Thoughts?

Not sure of Miller's status for this week with his groin injury - bit for those who watch line play who do you think looked better - Miller or Urbik? I know Miller had struggled a bit the first 2 weeks, not unusual for the rookie starter but could we be better off with a vet on the right side? I know urbik wasn't good last year but new scheme this year and he was decent in the past. Thoughts?

Thought they both looked good yesterday, and didn't notice any kind of drop off when Urbik came into the game.

I didn't think Urbik got any push in the run game at all when he came in. He was pretty solid in pass protection but I think the best thing for the team is to continue to roll with Miller and let him develop. The difference, so far as there is any at the moment, is negligible so advantage to the younger guy.

PS. I reserve the right to change this opinion after watching the all-22.

Everyone who wanted to cut Urbik for cap reasons saw why we kept him yesterday. He is a great backup OG/C. Imagine if we kept Richardson instead.

I trust him to start in Miller's place. However, I also agree with those saying we keep Miller going if he is healthy.

Everyone who wanted to cut Urbik for cap reasons saw why we kept him yesterday. He is a great backup OG/C. Imagine if we kept Richardson instead.

I trust him to start in Miller's place. However, I also agree with those saying we keep Miller going if he is healthy.

Once he took the pay cut in the spring I was always fine with keeping Urbik. Would have been crazy to let him go he is cheap and experienced and whilst not good he isn't going to lose you a game. Look around the NFL the standard of o-linemen is bad! Urbik as a backup I am ok with.

I thought Urbik looked good out there. Miller and Seantrell have been liabilities this year.

I'm all for young guys learning to play, but sometimes you learn the best went you take a step back and watch too.

I'm tired of waiting. its been 16 years since we have been to the playoffs. 16 years!!! At this point I dont give a rip about develping a G. Play the guy that has the best chance of helping us into the playoffs THIS year