Rex playing Mind Games with Belicheck?

ko12010

Anyone think that Rex is setting up Belicheck for the 2nd meeting/playoffs?

Seriously, I understand how whacky this sounds, so no need to say it, and I'm not necessarily saying I'm considering this as a possibility. But did this thought cross anyone else's mind?

A week 2 win against Bill and Co. while showing your hand and throwing the kitchen sink in an all out effort to win isn't so great if you lose the 2nd meeting and/or playoffs.

Could Rex be going with the long con?

The only reason this thought even entered my head was because playing the DB's off the WR's all game when NE was throwing 95% short passes legitimately makes zero sense, even to people like us.

And I'm not suggesting Rex intentionally threw the game, just that he tried something different/played vanilla/tried to lull Belicheck into a false sense of having the upper hand going forward. We still almost came back and won.

Rex was busy running his mouth when he should have been getting his team ready to play the Pats. Rex isn't smart enough to beat Bellichek - and neither are most other coaches. Rex was touted as a defensive genius. That's PR BS. Rex was a d-bag when he was with the jets and he's still a d-bag, and I wish he'd get his hands off my team and hit the road.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not doubt it for a second. If Rex was miked up:

"Hey Tyrod - throw a pick instead of trying to tie up the game. Trust me"

After strip sack fumble on Brady"what the hell are you guys doin' we had em right where we wanted them."

"Now Cordy, they can't know how good you are. Turn style out there"

To Nigel "man up on Edelman every chance you get, beli will think that's our plan for the AFC chamionchip."

To aw23 "do not let them out of a third and long without committing a personal foul."

Haha, good stuff.

Rex was busy running his mouth when he should have been getting his team ready to play the Pats. Rex isn't smart enough to beat Bellichek - and neither are most other coaches. Rex was touted as a defensive genius. That's PR BS. Rex was a d-bag when he was with the jets and he's still a d-bag, and I wish he'd get his hands off my team and hit the road.

Yikes...already calling for the coach's head. Step away from the ledge...

What is this?

Why are we shaming someone for thinking outside the box? I don't agree with the OP either but it's not an insane theory that Rex didn't want to show all his cards with a 2nd matchup later in the season.

Making fun of someone who had the courage to speak his mind discourages others from doing the same.

To the OP, ignore everybody who is making fun of you. Never be ashamed to say what you're thinking. Judge for yourself if an idea is dumb, don't let others judge it for you. Imagine the responses if somebody on a forum accused the Pats of videotaping signals in 2003 or if somebody had a suspicion the Saints were putting bounties on player's heads. You would've gotten the same responses. So don't let it get to you.

What is this?

Why are we shaming someone for thinking outside the box? I don't agree with the OP either but it's not an insane theory that Rex didn't want to show all his cards with a 2nd matchup later in the season.

Making fun of someone who had the courage to speak his mind discourages others from doing the same.

To the OP, ignore everybody who is making fun of you. Never be ashamed to say what you're thinking. Judge for yourself if an idea is dumb, don't let others judge it for you. Imagine the responses if somebody on a forum accused the Pats of videotaping signals in 2003 or if somebody had a suspicion the Saints were putting bounties on player's heads. You would've gotten the same responses. So don't let it get to you.

I don't condone bullying or anything like it, but the notion that Rex basically didn't care about this win and wanted to set this team up for a later in the year win or a postseason matchup is just silly... The season is only 16 games long and ever wins matters, Rex (or any head coach) isn't going to look down the road at a matchup when they have a possible win in front of them...

Anyone think that Rex is setting up Belicheck for the 2nd meeting/playoffs?

Seriously, I understand how whacky this sounds, so no need to say it, and I'm not necessarily saying I'm considering this as a possibility. But did this thought cross anyone else's mind?

A week 2 win against Bill and Co. while showing your hand and throwing the kitchen sink in an all out effort to win isn't so great if you lose the 2nd meeting and/or playoffs.

Could Rex be going with the long con?

The only reason this thought even entered my head was because playing the DB's off the WR's all game when NE was throwing 95% short passes legitimately makes zero sense, even to people like us.

And I'm not suggesting Rex intentionally threw the game, just that he tried something different/played vanilla/tried to lull Belicheck into a false sense of having the upper hand going forward. We still almost came back and won.

Two words: "That's cute". Hahaha

I think the OP has a point.

In fact, I take it a step further. I firmly believe the entire conference... No, the whole league has been lulling Belicheck into a false sense of security for the last, oh, 13 years or so. Game by game, trophy by trophy, making him think he's got something special going on, until one day, 15-16 years into the long con... WHAMMY!! He opens the can of mixed nuts at his birthday party, and ALL the snakes come springing out. It'll be TOTALLY hilarious, you guys!

+1