Jets: Fitz is our guy!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy that yet another fan base can argue about Fitzpatrick.

His career follows the same pattern every place he goes. He starts as the backup, goes in due to injury or poor play by the starter, wins over the fans by being "tough" "gutsy" and "a gamer." Then the truth rears its ugly head: he isn't very good and doesn't have the physical tools needed to do the job.

Then the fans argue about him until the end of the season, when he is released.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm so happy that yet another fan base can argue about Fitzpatrick.

His career follows the same pattern every place he goes. He starts as the backup, goes in due to injury or poor play by the starter, wins over the fans by being "tough" "gutsy" and "a gamer." Then the truth rears its ugly head: he isn't very good and doesn't have the physical tools needed to do the job.

Then the fans argue about him until the end of the season, when he is released.

Rinse and repeat.

Looks like they're starting to figure him out:

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (35-for-58, 283 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INT) spent most of the day throwing 3-yard passes.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/27/jets-report-card-offense-was-even-worse-than-the-numbers/

The Jets saw Fitz's flaws this week. I still think he is a good QB for the Jets. The Jets have a very good defense and solid special teams, they have enough playmakers on offense to move the ball enough. And Fitz is a QB who can play within a system and get the ball out to his receivers enough. But Fitz will turn the ball over if asked to go out and win a game more often then not. He also will have trouble generating offense unless his skill position players are going hot.

Fitz is not a good starting QB for anyone except his team's opponent.

Just stack the boxes and play the short passes, because he is inaccurate and erratic on anything long. Sure, he might get one on you once a game or so, but you'll get a pick or two on him when he goes deep so it more than evens out.