Jets: Fitz is our guy!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still won 9 games, and they have a worse team than ours.

Fitzmagic is real.

OMG

Please stop. He is what he is. By this point in his career with the amount of opportunities he has been given we know what he is.

I am glad the Jets are starting him. He will be decent and he will be good but he will for sure be god awful and and throw horrible picks are crucial periods in the game.

Once I cut through the fact that I'm not a Jets fan, and wish failure to those that stand between our team and winning, but I really like Fitz, as a guy, and really respect Chan, having to coach this team when we were fielding players like Reggie Torbor, Ko Simpson, and Geoff Hangartner... The cupboard was BARE, and he formulated a legitimately functional offense. Donald Jones, Stevie Johnson, and David Nelson were our top 3 WRs, and we had an elite screen offense getting elite-level numbers from our running backs, with help from Fitz. I miss how decent of people that team felt like, really easy to root for vs. some of the guys on our team now, but we are infinitely more talented, and wish Chan had a fair chance to coach this much talent.

he did not win 9 games, he won 5... and how was it a worse team?

We had a better defense, better receivers, better ST? They had JJ Watt and Arian Foster, two good players surrounded by poor ones.

OMG

Please stop. He is what he is. By this point in his career with the amount of opportunities he has been given we know what he is.

I am glad the Jets are starting him. He will be decent and he will be good but he will for sure be god awful and and throw horrible picks are crucial periods in the game.

Yeah, he totally threw a crucial pick on that 80 yard TD drive to end the game.

Really. Like what other choice do they have and the team is 2-0. Bold statment by Jets. He will stink it up soon. Buy your Fitz jersey now because it goes down hill from here. Fitz will never be the reason they win a game. He is a manager of clock and ball distribution, not going to light a defense for 300 yards. Think Trent Dilfer. Manage the game play great defense maybe late in the 4th you get a shot at a game winning field goal.

The jets are way better across the board that the bills ever were with Fitz. We were Wannyized in D Fitz last year - the 600 - 600 back to back weeks are unforgettable. I think Fitz has lost a step but he has incrementally become more careful with the ball since he was a bill. I don't blame him for letting his # 1 make a play in traffic last night.

We had a better defense, better receivers, better ST? They had JJ Watt and Arian Foster, two good players surrounded by poor ones.

you really think they had two good players? Duane Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Johnathan Joseph, Kendrick Lewis, DJ Swearinger, Brian Cushing.. None of these are "poor" players...anyway they beat us head to head and had the same record overall despite playing 3 different QBs. They must have been pretty good. Edited by YoloinOhio

you really think they had two good players? Duane Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Johnathan Joseph, Kendrick Lewis, DJ Swearinger, Brian Cushing.. None of these are "poor" players...anyway they beat us head to head and had the same record overall despite playing 3 different QBs. They must have been pretty good.

The Oakland Raiders also beat us head to head, that doesn't make them better than us. They had a defense ranked 16th compared to our 4th. Hopkins is good but he's not better than Sammy, and Woods is better than Andre.

They weren't pretty good. They just weren't.

The Oakland Raiders also beat us head to head, that doesn't make them better than us. They had a defense ranked 16th compared to our 4th. Hopkins is good but he's not better than Sammy, and Woods is better than Andre.

They weren't pretty good. They just weren't.

i didn't say they were better. I said they were "similar teams." But apparently everything must be argued! And your opinion that they just went pretty good, they just weren't... That's all that must be the case, since you think so. Lol.

i didn't say they were better. I said they were "similar teams." But apparently everything must be argued! And your opinion that they just went pretty good, they just weren't... That's all that must be the case, since you think so. Lol.

Are the Raiders and the Bills similar teams because they beat us head to head? Or the Pats and Bills? I just don't follow the logic.

You asked my why I thought the had poor players and why they were a worse team. I showed you a stat that had them smack down at the middle of the pack in terms of defense while having a player who got MVP votes on the defensive side of the ball. And probably should've won. Watt was herculean but the rest of the team was bad. I also demonstrated I thought many of our players were superior and I still do. Both of those contribute to my opinion that our team was better. Cheers.

:beer:

Edited by FireChan

Are the Raiders and the Bills similar teams because they beat us head to head? Or the Pats and Bills? I just don't follow the logic.

You asked my why I thought the had poor players and why they were a worse team. I showed you a stat that had them smack down at the middle of the pack in terms of defense while having a player who got MVP votes on the defensive side of the ball. And probably should've won. Watt was herculean but the rest of the team was bad. I also demonstrated I thought many of our players were superior and I still do. Both of those contribute to my opinion that our team was better. Cheers.

:beer:

yes, I think they were similar teams. I don't think they have poor players on either side of the ball, sorry - despite your stat about their defense being middle of the pack (?) but if you think Marrone and Fitz would have led us to the playoffs last year... be my guest. Edited by YoloinOhio

@SethWalderNYDN: Bowles said Ryan Fitzpatrick is the QB right now, regardless of Geno is healthy or not.

Ahhhh yes I remember what happened after the bills "figured out" fitz was really a franchise QB who just never got a fair shot. I can't believe the 2011 bills and 2014 jets traded identities.

you really think they had two good players? Duane Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Johnathan Joseph, Kendrick Lewis, DJ Swearinger, Brian Cushing.. None of these are "poor" players...anyway they beat us head to head and had the same record overall despite playing 3 different QBs. They must have been pretty good.

I wouldn't trade rosters, but I would've traded qbs- so I guess I agree with FC here

I wouldn't trade rosters, but I would've traded qbs- so I guess I agree with FC here

i wouldn't trade rosters either - just said they were "similar teams" in having talent to make the playoffs except at the QB position. As far as the QBs on both teams - none of them were playoff caliber IMO.