Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

By my quick analysis of AFC records the Bills will drop into 8th with a loss tonight -- tied with KC, Houston, and NYJ, but worse conference record than KC and Houston.

Not a bad place to be, particularly when they will play those two teams over the next two weeks.

Now, a W tonight on the other hand...nah, won't even allow myself to go there. :bag:

Atta boy. Don't bother..

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By my quick analysis of AFC records the Bills will drop into 8th with a loss tonight -- tied with KC, Houston, and NYJ, but worse conference record than KC and Houston.

Not a bad place to be, particularly when they will play those two teams over the next two weeks.

Now, a W tonight on the other hand...nah, won't even allow myself to go there. :bag:

They control their own destiny. Each and every game has to be a playoff game foe the Bills.

First things first and that is to worry about tonight's game.

I only watched the first season, but I saw a blurb about this. Why do I think she is going to un-die at some point? I hate when shows/movies/books do that.

Dead is dead unless you are a computer program brought to life to help save the world.

This reboot is off the wall crazy. Bad guys good, good guys bad, lunatics running the asylum etc etc.

Not sure, and Im not interested enough to look it up, but I heard that Buffalo stays in 6th with a loss tonight.

Not sure, and Im not interested enough to look it up, but I heard that Buffalo stays in 6th with a loss tonight.

As far as I can tell it goes like this:

With a win tonight we get the 5th seed since we would be tied with the Steelers, and we win the conference tie breaker.

With a loss tonight, the Steelers secure the 5th seed for now, and the Bills are tied with the Chiefs, Houston, and the Jets. Jets are excluded because of division tie-breaker.

KC Conf 4-2 (.667 Win PCT)

Houston Conf 4-3 (.571 Win PCT)

Bills Conf 5-4 (.555 Win PCT)

So 8th unfortunately. Texans and Chiefs games are going to be a big deal.

Edit: Just realized the Chiefs play the Texans and won. So if it came down to our 3 teams. To win the tiebreaker we can't lose to the Chiefs. They would get the tiebreaker for beating the texans and us. Losing to the Texans and beating the Chiefs would not be as critical of a loss as it would go down to tiebreaker.

Trying to figure out if it's better or worse for KC and HOU to have 11/12 games against AFC opponents left. If they each lose 2 more games to AFC opponents to round out their records at 9-7 then their conference record would be:

Houston Conf 7-5 (.583 Win PCT)

KC Conf 8-4 (.667 Win PCT)

With a loss to the Pats, the Bills would need to run the table on the AFC (Hou, KC, NYJ) to tie KC in conference record at 8-4 (.667 Win PCT)

The tie breaker would then go to strength of victory. Chiefs 2.4 at the moment and Bills 2.0 at the moment.

So at a certain point, we may need to root for opponents we've beaten like the Dolphins, Colts, and Titans to win.

Edited by What a Tuel