Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

Somewhere along the way the Bills need to make up for a terrible loss vs. Jax and a bad home loss vs. Giants. I feel like a week from tonight they can get one back vs. NE. I dunno, i just have a feeling with Edelman being hurt our chances have improved greatly.

Kansas City definitely concerns me. I'm hoping they are in the midst of their little hot streak and they start regressing again vs. the Bills.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBD has been calling the Dallas game a L since the schedule came out. Haven't they lost like 7 straight?

Okay, so Romo will be back by the time we get to them. But will they decide to tank the season after being eliminated from playoff contention? Will they play with the same heart as a team fighting for a WC spot? Will they even risk starting Romo for the remainder of a season that is lost for them?

TBD has been calling the Dallas game a L since the schedule came out. Haven't they lost like 7 straight?

Okay, so Romo will be back by the time we get to them. But will they decide to tank the season after being eliminated from playoff contention? Will they play with the same heart as a team fighting for a WC spot? Will they even risk starting Romo for the remainder of a season that is lost for them?

Will they look exactly like the 12-4 team,they were last year and steamroll us? Who the hell knows?

I don't know why either. Their defense is pretty bad. McCoy will eat it alive. Romo is more a deep passer than a dump off artist I think so we will see. When he had Murray he could dump it off and let Murray do his thing, I don't fear McFadden as much though.

Updated after MNF. KC (Week 12) and HOU (week 13) back in the mix at 4-5.

If the season ended today ...

I'm probably in the minority with this viewpoint, but I think it is good for the Bills that these teams they will play in upcoming weeks still have playoff aspirations. It's a somewhat young team, and making certain they understand the importance of each game doesn't hurt.

I'm probably in the minority with this viewpoint, but I think it is good for the Bills that these teams they will play in upcoming weeks still have playoff aspirations. It's a somewhat young team, and making certain they understand the importance of each game doesn't hurt.

It isn't good. The more teams "in the mix" the greater the odds that someone catches fire and goes on a roll. The fewer teams competing for those wild card spots the better. Suddenly the Bills can't have a hiccup at KC or vs. Hou because of tiebreakers. What we need at this point is for the Colts to go into the tank completely and Hou to win the division.

It isn't good. The more teams "in the mix" the greater the odds that someone catches fire and goes on a roll. The fewer teams competing for those wild card spots the better. Suddenly the Bills can't have a hiccup at KC or vs. Hou because of tiebreakers. What we need at this point is for the Colts to go into the tank completely and Hou to win the division.

I think you're missing my point. I don't want the Bills looking past any opponent -- they aren't good enough or consistent enough to do that. The more focused they are (because they know the team they're playing is also competing for a playoff spot) the better.

I'm of the mindset that the Bills are going to be the team that catches fire and goes on a roll.

So we have the undefeated Patriots, followed by a KC team that just beat the 7-2 Broncos, and a Texans team that beat the 8-1 Bengals....

Ouch.

And I'm sure that once the Bills are in the playoffs, you'll be bemoaning the fact that they have to face another playoff team.

I think you're missing my point. I don't want the Bills looking past any opponent -- they aren't good enough or consistent enough to do that. The more focused they are (because they know the team they're playing is also competing for a playoff spot) the better.

I'm of the mindset that the Bills are going to be the team that catches fire and goes on a roll.

After Jax I don't think they'll be overlooking anybody. And as much as I'd love it for the Bills to be the team that goes on the roll, I just want the playoffs. I don't care if it's with the Bills getting in at 8-8 because every other team sh*t the bed, I'll take it.

And I'm sure that once the Bills are in the playoffs, you'll be bemoaning the fact that they have to face another playoff team.

Am I not allowed to recognize that the next three games will be challenging? I didn't predict losses for them all. In fact I think we have a better team than KC and Houston, but being on the road I wouldn't be surprised if we lose one of the two. If you have some sort of issue with me, say it, get it over with, and then we should just put each other on ignore.

Edit: Just realized Houston is at Buffalo... huge for us!

Edited by Dorkington

Agreed, along with this while I'd like us to get into the playoffs I'd also like to think we did it beating solid competition and not just by beating teams who were out of the race and just throwing their season away by the time the played us.

On another note, it still wasn't that long ago that the Texans were mauled by the Dolphins who we handled twice this year. Granted they just beat a Bengals team who whipped us pretty good but I'm still not convinced that they are going to suddenly go on some run. The Redskins beat a much better Cowboys team in Dallas on a MNF game last year yet that didn't make them sudden playoff contenders.

Am I not allowed to recognize that the next three games will be challenging? I didn't predict losses for them all. In fact I think we have a better team than KC and Houston, but being on the road I wouldn't be surprised if we lose one of the two. If you have some sort of issue with me, say it, get it over with, and then we should just put each other on ignore.

:lol: I don't have an "issue" with you, I am simply pointing out the consistency in your posts.

:lol: I don't have an "issue" with you, I am simply pointing out the consistency in your posts.

I predicted at the beginning of the year that our team, while more talented than last year, might very well end up with a worse record because of our schedule. My opinion has not changed. :)

Edited by Dorkington

So we have the undefeated Patriots, followed by a KC team that just beat the 7-2 Broncos, and a Texans team that beat the 8-1 Bengals....

Ouch.

I hate to burst your bubble. But the Denver Defense won the majority of games for them so far. Now that they are as banged up as Peyton is ... reality is sinking in.

I am not surprised in the fall.

sarcasm??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets bring Freddy back to give JJ Watt another broken nose.