My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

Oh well.....

1) Penalties, penalties, and more big play killing penalties. Some things never change.

2) O-line is still a work in progress.

3) PI call on Bradham in the 4th quarter was shaky.

4) Roman's game planning needs more use of the receivers. They're too good to be targeted so little.

5) I sure hope Aaron Williams is gonna be OK.

6) I did like the way they fought back and gave themselves a chance to pull off a miracle at the end.

7) Lack of real pressure up the middle on Brady was fatal. He picked the defense apart.

8) I still like Tyrod Taylor, he'll learn a lot from this loss and it will make him even better. Gotta take a little steam off some of those short throws.

9) Like it or not, the Patriots are still the better team, and they ARE the defending champs, but the gap is closing.

10) Bottom line, they just weren't good enough in all 3 phases of the game to beat the champs, but next week, they'll beat Miami.

Edited by BmarvB

That PI on Bradham is what they show in the rule book next to the definition of Defensive Pass Interfecence. Made contact, never looked for the ball. How is anyone complaining about this? Oh that's right. It's because the Patriots cheat and the refs are paid off. <_<

1) 61 drop backs, 1 sack, one (big) fumble, 59 passes thrown. Need more out of our D than that. Brady is the master of getting the ball out despite no mobility, and that happened big time today.

2) 13 yard short field, 30 yard short field as part of three touchdowns given up in six minutes.

3) I hope Aaron Williams is okay.

4) On to Miami and improving to 2-1

Oh well.....

1) Penalties, penalties, and more big play killing penalties. Some things never change.

2) O-line is still a work in progress.

3) PI call on Bradham in the 4th quarter was shaky.

4) Roman's game planning needs more use of the receivers. They're too good to be targeted so little.

5) I sure hope Aaron Williams is gonna be OK.

6) I did like the way they fought back and gave themselves a chance to pull off a miracle at the end.

7) Lack of real pressure up the middle on Brady was fatal. He picked the defense apart.

8) I still like Tyrod Taylor, he'll learn a lot from this loss and it will make him even better. Gotta take a little steam off some of those short throws.

9) Like it or not, the Patriots are still the better team, and they ARE the defending champs, but the gap is closing.

10) Bottom line, they just weren't good enough in all 3 phases of the game to beat the champs, but next week, they'll beat Miami.

1-agree

2-big, big issue, can it be improved?

3- ****ty call

4-I don't get this either, it was obvious early on NE was crowding the line and needed to be backed off. Roman seemed to struggle using his WRs in SF too against better teams.

5-ditto

6-moral victory not into it

7-D line just played awful

8-I thought he played pretty well and got stronger as game went on, the intercepts and sacks were situations where his teammates did not help him out.

9-Is the gap really closing?

10- Yes, and special teams were outplayed today.

11-my own: the coaching was just plain bad today, don't know how else to sell it. From the lack of discipline, to the game plan, to the no plan B was disappointing!

Edited by The Thurmanator

1-agree

2-big, big issue, can it be improved?

3- ****ty call

4-I don't get this either, it was obvious early on NE was crowding the line and needed to be backed off. Roman seemed to struggle using his WRs in SF too against better teams.

5-ditto

6-moral victory not into it

7-D line just played awful

8-I thought he played pretty well and got stronger as game went on, the intercepts and sacks were situations where his teammates did not help him out.

9-Is the gap really closing?

10- Yes, and special teams were outplayed today.

11-my own: the coaching was just plain bad today, don't know how else to sell it. From the lack of discipline, to the game plan, to the no plan B was disappointing!

Yeah, I have to agree. They were absolutely outcoached.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

Brady gets the ball out in about 1 second. TT (and most other quarterbacks) hold it much longer. TT held it for several seconds quite often, usually with bad results.

Is it play design? Awareness? Experience?

And why are their receivers ALWAYS open in the flats? Against everybody, all the time.

Ironically, Fitz is also good at getting the ball out quickly.

The defense did not show up at all. No pressure on Brady with two rookie OL when you have a berserk home crowd is inexcusable. Looks like Dareus was too busy counting his money to give a damn about playing. Our secondary was atrocious. Too many missed tackles to even count. Aaron Williams before he was hurt was beat like a drum.

Tyrod was terrible until Pats went into a prevent defense. Shady and Karlos are all we have. Harvin is a gamer. Sammy has no heart, would not hurt to bench his ass and give him a wake up call. Dropping that last pass was clear cut evidence of his lack of heart. Every receiver on the Pats makes that catch. Clay makes one play other that he was invisible.

OL was woeful. Looked like a Pats home game and we were the road team against a hostile crowd.

Refs should be investigated. 4 or 5 calls were not there.

To call it a moral victory because we got some garbage TDs after the game was all but over is flat wrong. We were beat every which way a team could be beat. Outhustled everywhere, STs were horrendous, Offense, QB, Oline, DLine, Secondary and coaching just sucked.

Edited by jumbalaya

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

Brady gets the ball out in about 1 second. TT (and most other quarterbacks) hold it much longer. TT held it for several seconds quite often, usually with bad results.

Is it play design? Awareness? Experience?

And why are their receivers ALWAYS open in the flats? Against everybody, all the time.

Ironically, Fitz is also good at getting the ball out quickly.

I wonder that myself - are they just that good but it can't be cause Belicheat has been doing this to the whole league for years.

Someone needs to tell Mr. Ryan that hype about the high powered offense and shut down defense doesn't win games. You can have both, although the D today shut nothing down, but you won't win consistently, especially against good teams, if you have little or no discipline. The penalties today were insane. If the coaching staff can't get that under control, we're toast no matter how we otherwise may play.

The defense did not show up at all. No pressure on Brady with two rookie OL when you have a berserk home crowd is inexcusable. Looks like Dareus was too busy counting his money to give a damn about playing. Our secondary was atrocious. Too many missed tackles to even count. Aaron Williams before he was hurt was beat like a drum.

Tyrod was terrible until Pats went into a prevent defense. Shady and Karlos are all we have. Harvin is a gamer. Sammy has no heart, would not hurt to bench his ass and give him a wake up call. Dropping that last pass was clear cut evidence of his lack of heart. Every receiver on the Pats makes that catch. Clay makes one play other that he was invisible.

OL was woeful. Looked like a Pats home game and we were the road team against a hostile crowd.

Refs should be investigated. 4 or 5 calls were not there.

To call it a moral victory because we got some garbage TDs after the game was all but over is flat wrong. We were beat every which way a team could be beat. Outhustled everywhere, STs were horrendous, Offense, QB, Oline, DLine, Secondary and coaching just sucked.

Totally agree

1/4 of billion dollars on a d-line that can't even get their hands on the cheater, or even bat down 1 pass at the line. Shameful.

And against maybe a quarter of a million dollar offensive line. D line was a joke.

Edited by Bubba Gump