Will the refs let us win this game?

Estelle Getty

Sorry have to throw this out there due to the way we have been hosed against the *pats as far back as pete carroll was the coach. We are to forgetful (Jerry Hughes personal foul for slapping his own teammates head?) Not saying it will happen this year but Tell me if this sounds familiar:

-Penalties called on both teams fairly equally through the first half. (Bills usually still in it)

-Third quarter first *pats drive is stalled at a certain point....but wait here is the first phantom illegal contact call on the Bills and the *pats go on to score. (Insert former bills coach standing emotionless looking at the ground)

-The now dejected defense finally holds the *pats to a fg but it is now a 17 point game because the Bills offense is inept.

-Now in th 4q the *pats put it away with a 35 yard touchdown...but wait there is an offensive holding call on the *pats (almost as if to say"see we call it both ways" when in reality the momentum shift of the first illegal contact on the Bills was titanic) The the Bills force a punt and score a touchdown with 8 minutes left.

-The Bills make a great play and force a *pats punt !!!! What's this? Illegal hands to the face on the Bills and the *pats runnout the clock leaving just enough time for whatever reject Bills qb time to run around like a chicken with their head cut off trying to score a meaningless TD.

At this point you want to punch Phill Simms in the face as the announcer because you feel he is part of the problem with life. Oh the memories!

nope

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year it is the same thing. Anytime the Bills had the momentum the refs starting making calls, changing the game. Most were phantom calls they never would show or calls made that can be called every single play in the NFL. The Bills let that crap get into their head and really didn't recover until the 4th qtr. Every single play it was Patriot linemen holding and hooking Bills rushers. Not one holding called on 59 pass attempts!!!! wow!!

Not sure how much longer this crap can go on in the NFL before fans start walking away...

The Bills are the better team but unfortunately that is only part of the equation in the NFL today. Have to have the refs on your side too. I'm just sick of seeing this.

I'm sorry but the PI call on Bradham was exactly what was called out when this thread was started. He did not face guard....he did not grab the guy....he got pushed if anything. He did not turn around but without significant contact there is no need. Complete horse #$$% and made a difference.

Another favorite:

Pick play called when the game was seemingly out of hand.

New twist:

Henderson hit in the shoulder area....ref removes him from the game for concussion protocol. Pats* receiver gets his bell wrung....he gets the Ted Johnson treatment.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Well I guess we learned the answer to the thread title question... How many drive saving calls did the pats*** end up getting. Even the non Bills fans I was watching the game with said it was bullsh*t

Even watching on TV I loved how they showed Brady talking to one ref, Belicheat talking to another, then surprise surprise a BS pass interference call setting them up for a FG. A ref helping up pats*** players? I've never seen so much defensive holding calls in my life giving a first down when their drive was about to be held. And kinda ironic all the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties until the pats*** has a good lead

Edited by Deschain13

I still don't get the stopping the game to remove Henderson play--don't recall ever seeing that before other than in obvious cases of someone getting up totally woozy.

Henderson was all "Huh...what?.....no dude he hit me right here....what? I'm fine....what do you mean I have to leave?

Later in the game I think Dobson....slow to get up after getting hit in the head.....you're fine, go ahead.

I lost it when the ref picked up Edelman after a play. I've never seen a ref help up any player ever. The play towards the end when Dobson popped up, head-butted our DB and started jawing, yet no call. Somehow AW gets the flag, but no flag for Dobson. Ridiculous.

I've seen refs help players up before. But it's very infrequent.

I am the first one to complain about the refs.

But I liked this crew and thought they called a good game. I didn't see one egregiously bad call. They called a lot of penalties, but the ones I saw seemed justified.

For those complaining about bradham PI, that is classic PI-- face guarding and hit him early.

Re Henderson, someone in the game day thread said he threw up on the field, which is why they took him out.

Every year it is the same thing. Anytime the Bills had the momentum the refs starting making calls, changing the game. Most were phantom calls they never would show or calls made that can be called every single play in the NFL. The Bills let that crap get into their head and really didn't recover until the 4th qtr. Every single play it was Patriot linemen holding and hooking Bills rushers. Not one holding called on 59 pass attempts!!!! wow!!

Not sure how much longer this crap can go on in the NFL before fans start walking away...

The Bills are the better team but unfortunately that is only part of the equation in the NFL today. Have to have the refs on your side too. I'm just sick of seeing this.

This is 100% correct. The calls at the beginning of the game after we went ahead and the Pats were stopped on their first drive gave us horrible drive starts, killed our drives, and turned the game very early.

The Pats are a great team with a great QB and coach. They do not need any help. I would have loved to have seen how the game would have gone without those penalties that turned the momentum, put our offense in bad positions, and gave the Pats all too favorable drive starts, and, in turn, substantially lessened the intensity of the crowd.

These types of calls always seem to happen when we play the Pats. I would love to just have a fighting chance against these guys.

Just my two cents.

Even if your conspiracy theory is right, how do you suggest any of us dig into this further to find the smoking gun?

I would start with the Boston Mafia. That might sound like a joke but they have already been caught fixing games ar a high level. As i said this is beyond coincidence at this point.

I would compare this to setting a video

Game to cheating mode. And expecting to win.

I am the first one to complain about the refs.

But I liked this crew and thought they called a good game. I didn't see one egregiously bad call. They called a lot of penalties, but the ones I saw seemed justified.

For those complaining about bradham PI, that is classic PI-- face guarding and hit him early.

Re Henderson, someone in the game day thread said he threw up on the field, which is why they took him out.

You are completely wrong about Bradham. His hands did not get up and any contact there was seemed marginal and possibly initiated by the WR. I saw the same thing in other games at least 5 times yesterday with none of them called. I saw one, I think Thursday night hit the defender in the back of the head. No call. Edited by 4merper4mer

I don't think these refs were biased so much as incompetent. They wasted a ton of time trying to figure out what to do, conferring with each other, shrugging, picking up flags, pointing and shaking their heads. This was the JV squad and I'm guessing Rex was commenting along those lines when he got flagged by rabbit ears.

Can you please tell me A) What penalties were not deserved, and B) What penalties that werent deserved changed the outcome of the game?

I lost it when the ref picked up Edelman after a play. I've never seen a ref help up any player ever. The play towards the end when Dobson popped up, head-butted our DB and started jawing, yet no call. Somehow AW gets the flag, but no flag for Dobson. Ridiculous.

You need to watch more football then.