Will the refs let us win this game?

Estelle Getty

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm you obviously didnt see the game it was OBVIOUS it was at least illegal contact thus a 1st down and 1 more play for Brady. Those refs picked up the flag and said "our bad" it was crap but it happens to every team that one just happened be the last play of the game lol

Umm, yes I watched that game from start to finish ( including Brady's tirade afterward) . I believe ESPN went right to their " rules expert" and he explained it was a judgement call that the ball was being intercepted and was not catchable by Gronkowski. That was a good enough explanation for me and just about the only time I can remember a " judgement call" going against the Pats.

The refs suck league wide

I tend to look at it from the other side. The rules of the NFL are so plentiful and ridiculously anal that it makes reffing a game in real time almost impossible and at times unwatchable. Just as one example, they have to stop play and penalize a team because a TE or a wide out lined up a foot off the line further than he was supposed to? Really? What difference is that going to make. Plus the PI rules, down by contact, I can go on and on. If they want games to be reasonably officiated, a good start would be to make the rules reasonable.

Edited by CodeMonkey

6:04 Solder clear hold on Jerry, BAD NON-CALL

1:30 Bills punt, Cheats holding on return, GOOD CALL.

0:41 CLEAR holding on Jerry, BRUTALLY BAD NON-CALL

0:35 Jerry held again and driven to the ground. BAD NON-CALL.

Bills D started to turn it around here. Jerry Hughes stepped it up, but the refs punked him badly. He should have gotten at least one of those three holding calls. But I gotta give it up to the Cheats O-line. They are basically stoning the .25B club.

4TH QTR

11:42 TV Graphic, Cheats 10/109, Bills 12/108.

11:39 Dareus held maybe, hard to see. Bills D-line definitely getting more pressure.

11:06 Solder again hooking Jerry and spinning him. QUESTIONABLE NON-CALL.

10:03 Cheats OPI Pick play. GOOD CALL (finally).

8:16 Cheats 4th and inches, play clock runs out, Marcia calls TO 2 secs later and they give him the TO. BAD NON-CALL.

8:09 Cheats 95 gives Clay a facial, BAD NON-CALL. LeShady had a 15 yd gain anyway, but on the next play:

7:42 Seantrel hands to the face, GOOD CALL.

6:30 Refs pick up the flag for late hit on TT slide. HORRIBLE NON-CALL. If he was committed to the tackle, why is he laying on the ground with TT instead of tackling him? He went down there to hit him on the slide.

6:08 Cheats illegal contact on Clay, declined. GOOD CALL, you can see him engage Clay after 5 yards.

5:27 The Gay onsides kick. 'nuff said. GOOD CALLS, all 3.

3:23 Bradham PI. TERRIBLE CALL. XTC never touched him and the ball hit him in the back. If this was PI, why wasn't the Colts LB called for it last week when he did the same thing to LeShady?

2:28 Cheat's Dobson gets right up jawin' in Jerry's grill after a catch. QUESTIONABLE NON-CALL. Why no taunting?

One thing is clear to me. Once the game got out of hand, the refs lost focus, as the number of questionable and bad calls mounted in the 4th QTR. This crew was ridiculously flag happy, but they could have thrown more. Bottom line, the Cheats O-line was awesome, and stuffed the chit out of the $.25B D-line.

Thanks for taking a second look. I agree with most of this.

As you've noted above, once the Bills started getting their pass rush on and climbing slowly back into the game, the flags started flying (or not flying) excessively in the Pats favor. Those non calls against Jerry are ridiculous.

Also, there should have been a personal foul late hit out of bounds for one of our punts in the first half that wasn't called. It was clear as day to everyone on that sideline, and it happened right in front of a line judge. Probably didn't show up on the tape though. It was away from the play.