Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, do we ride Ullmark as the de facto #1 now until Lehner is healthy? The kid has looked pretty sharp the last two nights.

Johnson has shown himself to be nothing more than an NHL backup. There's no reason to go with Johnson unless Linus falters or needs a rest.

The Barclay's Center was going to be built for hockey too, but they ran low of funding and reduced it to a basketball only configuration to save money. Thats why it's so bad for hockey. Can't believe it cost that much less but apparently it did, but now they are dealing with it.

So, do we ride Ullmark as the de facto #1 now until Lehner is healthy? The kid has looked pretty sharp the last two nights.

I hope so..think it is one of those deals you play well, yu get the next game.

BTW, you going to Buffalo this weekend? First doubleheader this year...just hate the 1pm start on Saturday

I hope so..think it is one of those deals you play well, yu get the next game.

BTW, you going to Buffalo this weekend? First doubleheader this year...just hate the 1pm start on Saturday

Couldn't make it work. Had my eye on it but have to pass. Need to try and unload my tickets.

The Barclay's Center was going to be built for hockey too, but they ran low of funding and reduced it to a basketball only configuration to save money. Thats why it's so bad for hockey. Can't believe it cost that much less but apparently it did, but now they are dealing with it.

This seems ridiculous. When they're in NY and trying compare to the Garden. Didn't any of these people figure on the Islanders coming over??

This seems ridiculous. When they're in NY and trying compare to the Garden. Didn't any of these people figure on the Islanders coming over??

I don't think so. At the time Barclays was being designed & built, there was a huge push to retain Isles on LI. And as others chimed in, Ratner changed the final design for commercial reasons. Hockey was far down the line for the arena use.

I don't think so. At the time Barclays was being designed & built, there was a huge push to retain Isles on LI. And as others chimed in, Ratner changed the final design for commercial reasons. Hockey was far down the line for the arena use.

Why would there be such a difference between hockey and basketball viewing?

Why would there be such a difference between hockey and basketball viewing?

A basketball court is much shorter and they don't need to put up the safety netting for hoops.

It's a great venue for concerts, but haven't been there for hockey yet to judge.

@NHLPlayerSafety

Ottawa's Mark Stone has been suspended two games for an illegal check to the head of Detroit's Landon Ferraro. http://ow.ly/U9dFr

@Sportsnet

Connor McDavid named the NHL's rookie of the month http://ow.ly/U9mpS

CS1NMg-XAAAP1nF.jpg

Conspicuously absent in that list was Eichel, I wonder why, he's got to be over 10 points on the year.

Conspicuously absent in that list was Eichel, I wonder why, he's got to be over 10 points on the year.

Not even close - 4 G 0 A 4 TP

His linemates haven't been finishing yet.

Not even close - 4 G 0 A 4 TP

His linemates haven't been finishing yet.

Speaking of linemates, has there ever been another line composed of three #1 overall draft picks within five years? If Edmonton ever gets a goalie and decent defensemen, watch out.