Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would be good forwards that we might bring in?

Don't we need defensemen too?

I don't think our goalies are the greatest and I heard on WGR that Marc-Andre Fleury is not happy being a backup and may want to move, would he be an improvement?

Not sure on forwards. Stamkos' blood clot killed my dream of landing Drouin. I'd expect the Sabres to try for Stamkos but would be surprised if they land him. If he isn't part of an Anaheim deal, Ennis should be back & healthy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres trade for a top pairing D-man w/ Anaheim. Also expect them to grab a D at 8.

As for Fleury, sweet Jesus, please just say 'no.' ;) He's expensive and not nearly as good as his pedigree leads on to be. I don't believe it's a coincidence that they're back in the Final the year injury relegated MAF to a backup role.

They seriously get about 8 weeks off a year, it seems. And, they have a four hour workday. Whatever prep time they put in is negated by the time they just play reruns of interviews in the last hour.

take it if you can get it.

There are a number of teams that are cap stressed and will not be able to keep all their players. An example is the Rangers. Rick Nash has been a very productive scorer for him. He may be on the downside of his career but he is still a good player.

The team to watch on draft day with respect to a trade deal with the Sabres is Edmonton. They have a number of highly drafted forwards. They want to reconfigure their team in order to strengthen their defense. Buffalo would love to have one of their young quality forwards who would fit in age wise with Eichel and Reinhart.

Yes, the Sabres would like to add a top two pairing type defenseman but so do all teams. The talk is that if the Sabres stay at their draft position at the 8 spot they will take a defenseman. From what I have read and heard their is a sizable grouping to get one.

would love some of Edmonton's numbers ones, since they have won too many. Those guys are probably sick of losing and want to come to a team on the up swing like ours.

How can Edmonton suck so much with all those high picks?

Sometimes inertia gets you further than talent.

Just know that the Sabres have lots of young talent, a coach who won a cup, lots of cap room and a GM not afraid to deal.

@WGR550

Kypreos: Buffalo 'in the mix' for Stamkos http://bit.ly/1XgFNWo

yay, I've heard of him.

Not sure on forwards. Stamkos' blood clot killed my dream of landing Drouin. I'd expect the Sabres to try for Stamkos but would be surprised if they land him. If he isn't part of an Anaheim deal, Ennis should be back & healthy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres trade for a top pairing D-man w/ Anaheim. Also expect them to grab a D at 8.

As for Fleury, sweet Jesus, please just say 'no.' ;) He's expensive and not nearly as good as his pedigree leads on to be. I don't believe it's a coincidence that they're back in the Final the year injury relegated MAF to a backup role.

that's two nos for Fleury, so he's out.

Who is Drouin?

Are you saying because of the blood clot we are more likely to go after Stamcos?

Do we really want Stamkos? It seems like we have enough centers, and need a sniper to take advantage of Eichel's playmaking ability.

Yes, we want Stamkos. If he wants to play center, then you move Reinhart to wing.

Keep ROR and Kane together on the top line, fill in with Gionta or (my preference) a younger guy like Bailey.

Have Stamkos center your "2nd" line and flank him with Ennis and a big-body like Foligno or Fasching to work the corners.

Pair Reinhart with Eichel and give them Girgensons as the other winger.

Let Larsson center the 4th line with Bailey/Gionta and Foligno/Fasching.

Then again, if you can't get Stamkos, you can always sign a goal-scorer like Okposo and pair him with Eichel, moving Reinhart to center the "2nd" line

Do we really want Stamkos? It seems like we have enough centers, and need a sniper to take advantage of Eichel's playmaking ability.

Stamkos plays quite a bit of wing and would certainly be a great sniper to play with Eichel.

Yes, we want Stamkos. If he wants to play center, then you move Reinhart to wing.

Keep ROR and Kane together on the top line, fill in with Gionta or (my preference) a younger guy like Bailey.

Have Stamkos center your "2nd" line and flank him with Ennis and a big-body like Foligno or Fasching to work the corners.

Then again, if you can't get Stamkos, you can always sign a goal-scorer like Okposo and pair him with Eichel, moving Reinhart to center the "2nd" line

Reinhart for the most part is already playing the wing for Eichel.

The top two centers for our first two lines are Eichel and O'Reilly.

One issue with Stamkos is whether he is willing to play at the wing? That was one of the issues resulting in his disgruntlement with Tampa.

Reinhart for the most part is already playing the wing for Eichel.

The top two centers for our first two lines are Eichel and O'Reilly.

One issue with Stamkos is whether he is willing to play at the wing? That was one of the issues resulting in his disgruntlement with Tampa.

Indeed...the versatility of guys like Samson and Girgs are huge assets in their pursuit of Stamkos. If he wants to play center, great, we've got veteran wingers like Ennis and Gionta to offer. If he's content to play wing, well, you can't offer much better than a stud like Eichel.

Indeed...the versatility of guys like Samson and Girgs are huge assets in their pursuit of Stamkos. If he wants to play center, great, we've got veteran wingers like Ennis and Gionta to offer. If he's content to play wing, well, you can't offer much better than a stud like Eichel.

I've been saying it for years. I want this team to be in a place where they've got converted centers on the wing. We had it back in 2006 and we're getting close now. Injuries happen so when a center or two go down, you can just switch back one of those guys for a few games or even a couple of shifts. When you have that instead of a guy like Jochen Hecht as an emergency center, that's the kind of depth that is going to take you places.

Anyone who watched a number of games last year observed plenty of exquisite passes made by Eichel to Moulson that weren't converted. The thought of a line made up of Stamkos-Eichel-Reinhart is exciting.

The one troubling issue I have with the signing of Stamkos is its length. It will spillover to when Eichel ad Reinhart are up for new deals. You also have to factor in a gargantuan contract for Risto. If you add up the exoected rich contracts of those three players with the already golden contract of O'Reilly then you have the makings of a tremendous cap squeeze.

The player I'm closely watching is Ennis. If he regains his scoring form then that is an unexpected bonus and a bolster to the roster.

Reinhart already plays wing, and the idea to move Eichel to 3rd line is silly. Stamkos has said that he wants to play center, it's just not a perfect fit here. It would be the most exciting offseason move for sure.

@Sportsnet

Jakob Chychrun talks "once in a lifetime experience" of #NHLCombine http://sprtsnt.ca/1U1tjOl

#MeetTheFuture

CkInEyDWUAA7fXn.jpg

@BuffNewsVogl

When Jakub Chychrun needed to talk hockey, he just chatted with his neighbors. They happen to own the Sabres.

https://t.co/HcCYlsYSGE

That's a pretty cool side story I didn't know that

Craig Button is a former GM and a scout I have a high regard for. He was on WGR talking about prospects. He is not as high on Chychrun as others are. The links below include his rankings and his WGR appearance. When discussing defensemen on WGR he has some very interesting thoughts. He's very high on Sergavhev.

The two defensemen that Button is high on is Sergachev and Juolevi.

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-matthews-no-1-because-position-matters-1.503562

http://media.wgr550.com/a/115527098/tsn-s-craig-button-talks-nhl-draft.htm

Well it's officially the off-season! Now it starts to get interesting. The draft really has me intrigued, I am excited about attending it. Especially with the expansion draft looming, it adds more to the thought process when it comes to trades. A draft pick is protected from the expansion draft, so do you try to trade Ennis or Girgensons for more picks knowing they most likely wouldn't be protected? Should be good, never a dull moment with GMTM!

Edited by ricojes

Reinhart already plays wing, and the idea to move Eichel to 3rd line is silly. Stamkos has said that he wants to play center, it's just not a perfect fit here. It would be the most exciting offseason move for sure.

What's silly is the idea that a team needs to have a "1st", "2nd", or "3rd" line.

How about we worry about having a top-9 that consists of guys that can produce offense, plus a 4th line that can grind when needed?

Well it's officially the off-season! Now it starts to get interesting. The draft really has me intrigued, I am excited about attending it. Especially with the expansion draft looming, it adds more to the thought process when it comes to trades. A draft pick is protected from the expansion draft, so do you try to trade Ennis or Girgensons for more picks knowing they most likely wouldn't be protected? Should be good, never a dull moment with GMTM!

I could see it happening, but I think it's more likely that they'll move a guy like McCabe plus picks to get a top defenseman to pair with Risto.

I could see it happening, but I think it's more likely that they'll move a guy like McCabe plus picks to get a top defenseman to pair with Risto.

I would be surprised if GMTM moves McCabe. He looked really good in the World's and is developing nicely. Pysyk seems to be the one they are not as high on, though I think he is a sound and underrated player.