Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

That awkward moment when Darth Vader crashes your interview. 1f3a5.png Watch >> http://bufsabres.co/b59j4q

CTADWFHWsAUfs_Z.jpg

1f3a5.png Jack Eichel reacts to Connor McDavid injury news + looks ahead to Tampa: http://bufsabres.co/V8pu6u

CTAGagBWoAACzXx.jpg

1f3a5.pngCoach Bylsma talks about our previous match-ups with Tampa & the chance to face them again: http://bufsabres.co/J4nziU

CTAJEH3XIAAv3ev.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MatthewWGR

I talked for quite awhile with Marcus Foligno, who's finally finding his place with a good coach and talented team http://www.wgr550.com/Foligno-finding-his-place-under-Bylsma/22144539

Four coaches in four NHL seasons. Four different sets of expectations. Four years of fans asking, "Where does Marcus Foligno fit in?"

After a number of solid games in a row – quality play that earned him ice time in practice with Jack Eichel and Johan Larsson – it appears that question is finally being answered under coach Dan Bylsma. And it is being answered under better circumstances in which the team is stocked with quality forwards and a ready-to-win approach.

“I think everyone here respects Dan and knows this is it for the long run,” Foligno said. “We want to make sure that we’re not going back to where we were a couple years ago. Dan’s been awesome. The whole coaching staff, I feel like we are back to teaching but also back to being professional. I mean, it’s always been professional, but it’s more like, this is our team and it’s time to start rolling.”

I remember that play like it was yesterday...Goulet was my favorite player growing up (I wore #16 for le Nordiques for my first 3 years of hockey) and I hated seeing him go out like that.

How could you like anyone or anything associated with that team?

My sister bought that album and listened to it non stop when it first came out.

But, who remembers this? Best Shony moment ever.

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=43184

CTDTnU2UwAAjepa.jpg

LIGHTNING (6-6-2) at SABRES (5-7-0)

THU NOV 5, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres face Lightning looking to build winning streak

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 54)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 12 games
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 12 games
Robin Lehner (high ankle sprain, Oct. 10) – 11 games
Evander Kane (MCL, Oct. 27; injured reserve) – 4 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Nov. 7: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 10: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 12: Buffalo at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 14: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 17: Dallas at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
LIGHTNING at SABRES

This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Lightning this season.
Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo, 2-1, in Tampa Bay on Oct. 17
Next meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 10 in Tampa Bay
The Sabres are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Lightning; 4-4-2 at home
This is the 89th game all-time between Buffalo and Tampa Bay; Buffalo has a 51-30-7 series record.
The Sabres are 24-15-4 at home against the Lightning all-time.

11-05: MARTY BIRON TALKS SABRES ON WGR (13:52)

Man, i just cannot believe how friggen cheap tickets have been for Sabre games. Can get 2 tonight, face off dot where Sabres shoot twice, 4 rows from ice...$29/per.

Paid a boat ton for Saturday tickets once schedule came out, figured Eichel mania would be taking over the town...double header weekend etc...tickets for Saturday about 2/3 what i paid for mine, and sure will be half on Saturday morning.

Man, i just cannot believe how friggen cheap tickets have been for Sabre games. Can get 2 tonight, face off dot where Sabres shoot twice, 4 rows from ice...$29/per.

Paid a boat ton for Saturday tickets once schedule came out, figured Eichel mania would be taking over the town...double header weekend etc...tickets for Saturday about 2/3 what i paid for mine, and sure will be half on Saturday morning.

Never buy tickets from the Sabres box office or early in the season on stubhub. I always wait until the week of the game. The season ticket holders get a huge discount, they sell games against the Canadian teams (and other big name teams) for big bucks and can afford to sell the other games for peanuts and not lose money.

Never buy tickets from the Sabres box office or early in the season on stubhub. I always wait until the week of the game. The season ticket holders get a huge discount, they sell games against the Canadian teams (and other big name teams) for big bucks and can afford to sell the other games for peanuts and not lose money.

i agree, but we have a fairly large group going, and my sister and wife scared to travel from DC and Richmond and not have tickets in hand. So we bought them when we did.

Having said that, tickets are cheaper this year than they were last year during the tank...wonder what it is?

@WBFO

Behind The Bench w/@BillHoppeNHL: #Sabres rookie goalie making his (Ull)mark. http://www.tinyurl.com/pd5dzfw

@BuffNewsVogl

Morning matchup: Sabres looking for third straight win, hoping to avoid seventh straight loss to Lightning. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/11/05/morning-matchup-sabres-host-tampa-bay/

i agree, but we have a fairly large group going, and my sister and wife scared to travel from DC and Richmond and not have tickets in hand. So we bought them when we did.

Having said that, tickets are cheaper this year than they were last year during the tank...wonder what it is?

My guess is the tank blew off a lot of casual fans. Plus a lot of season ticket holders are buying for resale. I'm just as shocked as you. This team packed the building for far lesser teams. Now that we have a roster approaching the talent of 2005 and no one seems to care.

The folks at SabreSpace love to hate on STH'ers who sell tickets because Montreal and Toronto games are loaded with opposing fans. But I pointed out that if that Sabre fans can buy those tickets too, especially at the prices they are going for, often wayyyy below box office.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

@BuffaloSabres

Game day skate line rushes:

Deslauriers-O'Reilly-Ennis

Larsson-Eichel-Foligno

Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta

McGinn-Legwand-Reinhart

#TBLvsBUF

Schaller also skating with the team. 6 D-men, no Colaiacovo. Johnson & Ullmark are the goalies. #TBLvsBUF

#Sabres Coach Dan Bylsma says Linus Ullmark will start in goal tonight. #TBLvsBUF

Carlo Colaiacovo is day-to-day with an upper-body injury, per Coach Bylsma.

There have been no big bucks for the Canadian teams this year. And, it's nothing but losing money for the year.

My one friend, who works in retail, thinks at least part of the reason is that the Canadian dollar is really hurting.

It's kind of baffling to me.

There have been no big bucks for the Canadian teams this year. And, it's nothing but losing money for the year.

My one friend, who works in retail, thinks at least part of the reason is that the Canadian dollar is really hurting.

It's kind of baffling to me.

I wonder if a lot of folks like me , who normally buy tickets day of game, bought early and just not as much last second demand as normal. I have a pal has seasons and lives in Florida now...says he did okay with most of his tickets sold before the season started...but ones that didnt sell he is awful worried about.

CTDTnU2UwAAjepa.jpg

LIGHTNING (6-6-2) at SABRES (5-7-0)

THU NOV 5, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres face Lightning looking to build winning streak

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 54)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 12 games

Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 12 games

Robin Lehner (high ankle sprain, Oct. 10) – 11 games

Evander Kane (MCL, Oct. 27; injured reserve) – 4 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS

N/A

UPCOMING GAMES

Saturday, Nov. 7: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov. 10: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 12: Buffalo at Florida, 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 14: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov. 17: Dallas at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

LIGHTNING at SABRES

This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Lightning this season.

Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo, 2-1, in Tampa Bay on Oct. 17

Next meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 10 in Tampa Bay

The Sabres are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Lightning; 4-4-2 at home

This is the 89th game all-time between Buffalo and Tampa Bay; Buffalo has a 51-30-7 series record.

The Sabres are 24-15-4 at home against the Lightning all-time.

11-05: MARTY BIRON TALKS SABRES ON WGR (13:52)

Here are the projected lineups:

LIGHTNING

Ondrej PalatSteven StamkosValtteri Filppula

Alex KillornTyler JohnsonNikita Kucherov

Vladislav NamestnikovCedric PaquetteRyan Callahan

J.T. BrownBrian BoyleErik Condra

Victor HedmanAnton Stralman

Matt CarleJason Garrison

Andrej SustrBraydon Coburn

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Ben Bishop

Injured: Jonathan Drouin (lower body)

Scratched: Tye McGinn, Nikita Nesterov

SABRES

Nicolas DeslauriersRyan O'ReillyTyler Ennis

Johan LarssonJack EichelMarcus Foligno

Matt MoulsonZemgus GirgensonsBrian Gionta

Jamie McGinnDavid LegwandSam Reinhart

Josh GorgesRasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabeCody Franson

Mike WeberMark Pysyk

Linus Ullmark

Chad Johnson

Injured: Carlo Colaiacovo (upper body), Evander Kane (knee), Robin Lehner (ankle), Zach Bogosian (lower body), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: Tim Schaller

Status update: Bylsma said Colaiacovo's injury was a build-up of bumps and bruises over the past few days. He is day-to-day.

Who's hot: Kucherov has two goals and two assists in the past three games. Stamkos and Johnson have a goal and an assist in the past two games. … Gionta has two assists the past two games.

@JoeYerdon

The #Sabres turn to @Icebeardude for the third straight time tonight when they host #TBLightning http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=42543

@BillHoppeNHL

New #Sabres blog: Linus Ullmark & the "dream" scenario, Colaiacovo's status & what's up w/the Lightning? http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-goalie-linus-ullmark-earns-start-against-lightning/

#Buffalo