Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

JOE YERDON ON SPORTS RADIO 1270 WITH RICH GAENZLER (16:10)

Yerdon: Scoring goals has been pretty hard for Tampa Bay lately, it's been tough for the offense.

Yerdon: The triplet line has been broken up to try to fix the offense woes. #BUFvsTBL

Yerdon: There are still a lot of guys who can change the game at a moment notices on that Lightning team.

Yerdon: If you're a contender team, you see Tampa as a team you have to beat. It's trickier for Tampa that every game is gunning for them

Yerdon: Tampa is not getting anything handed to them, no breaks which makes things tougher for them.

Yerdon: When you look at the two Tampa games, there's been gratuitous improvement from game 1 to game 2 with the Sabres.

Yerdon: Eichel is having some bad luck, he's setting up guys who are in the right place and the puck doesn't go in.

Yerdon: Sometimes Eichel hangs onto the puck for a little too long and you lose out on opportunities.

Yerdon: Eichel is doing so many things right, for him it's a matter of getting a couple of more shots on net.

Yerdon: O'Reilly has been so good this season, I think he was the team MVP for October.

Yerdon: The team isn't quitting on anything, that's impressive to me.

http://stationcaster.com/stations/whld/media/mp3/Joe_Yerdon_11_5-1446749855.mp3

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yerdon: Eichel is doing so many things right, for him it's a matter of getting a couple of more shots on net.

He's 20th in the league in SOG, he's getting his shots, just needs a bounce or two. he'll be fine.

Yerdon: O'Reilly has been so good this season, I think he was the team MVP for October.

I agree with this! I knew O'Reilly was a good player, but I had no idea he was this good. I think we made out well in that deal, a few young unproven players for a stud... :thumbsup:

Edited by ricojes

I wonder if a lot of folks like me , who normally buy tickets day of game, bought early and just not as much last second demand as normal. I have a pal has seasons and lives in Florida now...says he did okay with most of his tickets sold before the season started...but ones that didnt sell he is awful worried about.

Yeah, but I don't know why there isn't that demand. It could be that there is way more supply.

Man, that place was dead,dead, dead last night. Hope there is more energy on Saturday.

Going down 3-0 in the first to a team you consistently lose to tends to have that effect.

Hard to get excited with a lack of action.

@SabresPR

With 5 shots between the teams in the third period, the Sabres and Lightning tied Buffalo's franchise record for fewest shots in a period.

@BuffNewsVogl

Linus Ullmark lasted only 20 minutes, but Dan Bylsma made it clear Sabres' loss wasn't goalie's fault. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/11/05/sabres-ullmark-gets-little-help-in-brutal-first-period-of-loss-to-tampa-bay-lightning/

Yea, it was more than that...dead from the start. And outside of the moments the puck is on Jacks stick, been dead in there all year long.

What about the atmosphere when they dominated the Flyers last week? It seemed like the place was alive.