Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an ice level view of Eichel's beauty:

@BuffaloSabres

Feel free to watch this as many times as you'd like. RJ on the call. #EichSnipe https://amp.twimg.com/v/4af89fbf-ca8c-4988-ad89-03ca0b8c2cfb

So...changing numbers didn't really hurt him.

Dude is just filthy (he still hasn't turned 19!). To all of you who didn't want to tank...you really did want to tank and now you know why.

10-13: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (18:40)

Buffalo Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma on WGR with Howard and Jeremy this morning

Bylsma on Eichel's goal: "The whole play is a pretty remarkable play"

Bylsma: "He's shown off his skating ability more on the defensive side on tracking people down than he has offensively"

Bylsma on Eichel dealing with the hype: "He either deals with it very well or he doesn't hear it."

Bylsma: "You're not going to get many goals like that. If you're going to be an explosive offensive team, you have to have special players"

That was a sick play. Too bad he also can't get an assist for stealing the puck in the first place.

To all of you who didn't want to tank...you really did want to tank and now you know why.

Those would be the ones who'd complain that Eichel's original pass attempt on that play didn't hit the mark.

So...changing numbers didn't really hurt him.

Dude is just filthy (he still hasn't turned 19!). To all of you who didn't want to tank...you really did want to tank and now you know why.

Tank you Sabres! It sucked for 2 years, but they now have a core of players, and a superstar, to build around for many years to come....

The kid was worth the pain and suffering......RJs calls on eichel goals leave something to be desired....needs to come up with something spectacular like when lafontaine scored. Just my 2 cents

I agree. His calls on Eichel's goals are just not making the grade.

The kid was worth the pain and suffering......RJs calls on eichel goals leave something to be desired....needs to come up with something spectacular like when lafontaine scored. Just my 2 cents

Yeah, I agree. I thought he would have spent all Summer cooking up a special Eichel goal call.

On a related note, RJ once shared that his best goal call was one he never got to make. When Clint Malarchuk was the goalie and Dale Hawerchuk and Dave Andreychuk were forwards, he was waiting for a play where the goalie would send the puck up to Dale who would then feed Dave for a goal in front of the net.

The call? "Here a 'chuk, there a 'chuk, everywhere a 'chuk, chuk."

Will i get shot if i say RJ has lost his fastball and i might actually prefer Dunleavy?

It happened to Van as well. But as a fan, his voice is just such a big part of the team (as was Van's), it's just not the same listening to a broadcast without him...

Edited by ricojes