Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

This is a link from WGR with Kris Baker on Shoop and the Bulldog show. He talks about some of the prospects in this draft and the players the Sabres should be interested in when they make their pick. He indicates that the Sabres should be in a good position to get a high quality defensman when their turn comes up. I like Baker a lot. He knows his stuff. It is a 23 minute segment. If someone else has already posted this link I apologize for the duplication.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/115068164/5-6-kris-baker-sabresprospects-with-schopp-and-the-bulldog.htm

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping we would land Caggiula, but if he signed with the Oilers in the hopes of playing on the top line with McDavid, I believe he is in for a letdown. He won't see top six minutes on that squad, let alone top three.

GO SABRES!!!

I was hoping we would land Caggiula, but if he signed with the Oilers in the hopes of playing on the top line with McDavid, I believe he is in for a letdown. He won't see top six minutes on that squad, let alone top three.

GO SABRES!!!

Don't discount the possibility of the Oilers trading some of their young forwards for some defensemen. Edmonton has a lot of good young talent on their top two lines but they need to balance out their roster.

It is going to be interesting to find out if the Sabres are still in the running for signing Vesey from Harvard.

Don't discount the possibility of the Oilers trading some of their young forwards for some defensemen. Edmonton has a lot of good young talent on their top two lines but they need to balance out their roster.

It is going to be interesting to find out if the Sabres are still in the running for signing Vesey from Harvard.

The below WGR link is about a possible trade for one of Edmonton''s young forwards who so far has under performed.

http://www.wgr550.com/Should-the-Sabres-trade-for-Yakupov-/22734070

Edmonton should do exactly as you suggest for some much needed defensman/goalie help. But they aren't gonna trade anyone off of McDavid's line and I'd be surprised if Caggiula could come in and immediately assume a second line role right away. I think it's a bottom nine role or some time in the A in the short term.

I wonder if Eichel is doing the full court press on his good buddy, Vesey.

Edmonton should do exactly as you suggest for some much needed defensman/goalie help. But they aren't gonna trade anyone off of McDavid's line and I'd be surprised if Caggiula could come in and immediately assume a second line role right away. I think it's a bottom nine role or some time in the A in the short term.

I wonder if Eichel is doing the full court press on his good buddy, Vesey.

Yeah anybody have any updates on vesey? When is the deadline for a decision...if there even is one

Yeah anybody have any updates on vesey? When is the deadline for a decision...if there even is one

After the season the Bruins local sports station NESN was reporting that Vesey was coming to Boston. A few days later that all changed and it's believed he is going to play with Jack again. His dad is also involved in the process so I'm not entirely sure what's going on but I would consider the Sabres the leader in the clubhouse.

I seem to recall August 15th being mentioned as a deadline date.

That's the deadline for him to sign with Nashville. He becomes a free agent if/when he doesn't do that.

I never realized it until just now, but the lack of Canadians at the top of the draft rankings this year is pretty interesting. The pair of Finns and Matthews are pretty well established at this point, but it actually goes even further than that. Am I reading this right when I only see 2 Canadians in the top 10? Obviously things will get shuffled around a bit, but I don't remember ever seeing anything like this (and all in the same year where Canada doesn't make the playoffs).

It is going to take at least 4-5 picks before they get one. The only thing that even comes to mind immediately was the year Kane and JVR went 1-2. I'm scanning through drafts right now, but I bet I won't find any where it took longer than 2 picks to get a Canadian off the board.

edit: Oh yeah, the Ovechkin/Malkin 1-2 combo.

editX2: I think i found a technicality. Dany Heatley was born in Germany, then his family moved back to Canada early in his life. So if you count him as German, it took 5 picks for a Canadian to be drafted in 2000, Raffi Torres. I don't think it should count though.

Ok, now I'm done after finding this one. Back in 1999, a Canadian didn't go until the 6th pick (Brian Finley), a very euro heavy draft.

Edited by shrader

I never realized it until just now, but the lack of Canadians at the top of the draft rankings this year is pretty interesting. The pair of Finns and Matthews are pretty well established at this point, but it actually goes even further than that. Am I reading this right when I only see 2 Canadians in the top 10? Obviously things will get shuffled around a bit, but I don't remember ever seeing anything like this (and all in the same year where Canada doesn't make the playoffs).

It is going to take at least 4-5 picks before they get one. The only thing that even comes to mind immediately was the year Kane and JVR went 1-2. I'm scanning through drafts right now, but I bet I won't find any where it took longer than 2 picks to get a Canadian off the board.

edit: Oh yeah, the Ovechkin/Malkin 1-2 combo.

editX2: I think i found a technicality. Dany Heatley was born in Germany, then his family moved back to Canada early in his life. So if you count him as German, it took 5 picks for a Canadian to be drafted in 2000, Raffi Torres. I don't think it should count though.

Ok, now I'm done after finding this one. Back in 1999, a Canadian didn't go until the 6th pick (Brian Finley), a very euro heavy draft.

Did the NHL recently put a windowlick test in place? That might explain it.