Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this article on the Buffalo News site and thought, sweet!, Vessey outlines his wishlist!!! Who does he list? How long is the list? Is Buffalo on the list?.................

What a waste of time....

He's a smart kid. If he mentions any teams, they immediately get accused of tampering. He as a player can say whatever he wants, but its best to avoid it for as long as his rights belong to Nashville.

He's a smart kid. If he mentions any teams, they immediately get accused of tampering. He as a player can say whatever he wants, but its best to avoid it for as long as his rights belong to Nashville.

He had no problem mentioning Boston.

He had no problem mentioning Boston.

When asked specifically about them at a Harvard event. That's a far cry from expecting him to run off a list of teams.

I was referring to the title of the article, nothing to do with Vessey not being a smart kid...

Edited by ricojes

I'd say it sure sounds like Boston is the frontrunner.

I'm in Boston and that's not true at all, initial reports had him wanting to come to Boston after he declined the Preds offer. Something is up and it's believed he will go to Buffalo instead and play with Jack again. All the local rumors point towards the return of Claude Julien being the sticking point. His dad has a strong influence on him and supposedly thinks Julien will ruin his career. I'm a B's fan, I want him- we need him, but everyone locally thinks he is going back with Jack. FWIW.

@coreypronman

New post at @ESPNInsider: Mock draft https://t.co/fE5e0a2j1g

proxy.jpg?t=HBhoaHR0cDovL2ExLmVzcG5jZG4u

8. Buffalo Sabres

Olli Juolevi, D, London (OHL)

Buffalo has been the hardest team for me to get a read on in the top 10. Juolevi is a real guess for me, but the rationale is based on scouts I've talked to who say he seems to be the best player available here by a hair, and the Sabres could use another top defense talent in the pipeline.

I was referring to the title of the article, nothing to do with Vessey not being a smart kid...

I'll admit that I didn't read it. If I'm looking for info on where a college free agent is going to sign, I'm not turning to the Buffalo News. So when I saw that link, I knew it wouldn't have anything worthwhile to it. I won't claim to have massive inside sources on all of this stuff as I've kind of drifted away from my friends who are well versed in the behind the scenes stuff in college and US junior hockey, but I did ask one or two people. It seems to be pretty quiet around the Vessey. The hometown team quote is just about the only thing out there right now. And let's face it, a comment like that isn't exactly the most shocking thing in the world.

@coreypronman

New post at @ESPNInsider: Mock draft https://t.co/fE5e0a2j1g

proxy.jpg?t=HBhoaHR0cDovL2ExLmVzcG5jZG4u

8. Buffalo Sabres

Olli Juolevi, D, London (OHL)

Buffalo has been the hardest team for me to get a read on in the top 10. Juolevi is a real guess for me, but the rationale is based on scouts I've talked to who say he seems to be the best player available here by a hair, and the Sabres could use another top defense talent in the pipeline.

In this draft class there is a grouping of highly rated defensmen of which one or two should be available when our turn comes up to pick. That doesn't necessarily mean that each of them will be ready to play right away but it is at least a talent addition to the organization for a position of need.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

@WGR550

The downtown arena is getting its fourth name change http://bit.ly/24Pabvg

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- The First Niagara Center will likely be no more in October.

KeyBank is merging with First Niagara Bank and officials from KeyBank say pending approval, the Sabres will open next season in the KeyBank Center.