Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Boston and that's not true at all, initial reports had him wanting to come to Boston after he declined the Preds offer. Something is up and it's believed he will go to Buffalo instead and play with Jack again. All the local rumors point towards the return of Claude Julien being the sticking point. His dad has a strong influence on him and supposedly thinks Julien will ruin his career. I'm a B's fan, I want him- we need him, but everyone locally thinks he is going back with Jack. FWIW.

As a sabres fan.....this is awesome to hear. I would love the sabres grow into becoming an attractive team to join

As a sabres fan.....this is awesome to hear. I would love the sabres grow into becoming an attractive team to join

I think signing Ryan O'Reilly to a long term deal and getting Moulson to come back after being traded has already shown that.

Buffalo already had a good reputation in the hockey community but add in the new owner, credible coach, and new/updated facilities and it's a whole different level now.

@SabresPR

Statement from Sabres President Russ Brandon regarding arena naming rights: https://t.co/4r2sGk28hQ

“The Buffalo Sabres look forward to expanding our current partnership with KeyBank upon the federal regulatory approval of their merger with First Niagara Financial Group. Once the financial transaction has closed, the Buffalo Sabres will have a far-reaching partnership in place with KeyBank through our arena naming rights agreement, as First Niagara Center will become KeyBank Center.”

–Buffalo Sabres President Russ Brandon

@tsnscottcullen

Off-Season Game Plan: Buffalo Sabres - Climbing The Ladder http://bit.ly/osgp16buf

CiSH35SXEAA6tNt.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres missed the playoffs in 2015-2016, but it was a massively successful campaign that featured a 27-point improvement on their embarrassing 2014-2015 season.

Off-Season Game Plan looks at a Sabres squad that is putting together core pieces to be a consistent contender going forward, but isn’t quite there yet.

General manager Tim Murray was busy last summer, hiring a new coach and remodeling the roster with new centres for the top two lines, three new defencemen, a new starting goaltender and more. This year’s needs aren’t quite so vast. It’s more fine-tuning to surround the young talent with players that will allow them to grow and reach their potential.

After making a 27-point jump in the standings in one season, Buffalo now has to bridge the 12-point gap that kept them out of the playoffs in 2015-2016. "The goal is to make the playoffs," Murray said. "And next year it may actually be a realistic goal."

The Buffalo Sabres talking about the playoffs? Times are changing.

I heard on the CBC broadcast last night that the Sabres have to pay Ehrhoff until 2028? WTF?

Ehroff's contract ran through 2021. There was a compliance buyout but not sure what that means as far as the continuous yearly cap hit. This link is old but it reported on the Ehroff buyout.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24601008/report-sabres-begin-process-of-buying-out-christian-ehrhoff

Ehroff's contract ran through 2021. There was a compliance buyout but not sure what that means as far as the continuous yearly cap hit. This link is old but it reported on the Ehroff buyout.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24601008/report-sabres-begin-process-of-buying-out-christian-ehrhoff

Elliotte Friedman clearly said 2028 and he's a numbers geek. Just found this on Wikipedia.

"The Sabres began the process of buying-out the remainder of Ehrhoff's contract on 29 June 2014. They will be paying Ehrhoff $12 million over 14 years." (around $850,000 per year).

Elliotte Friedman clearly said 2028 and he's a numbers geek. Just found this on Wikipedia.

"The Sabres began the process of buying-out the remainder of Ehrhoff's contract on 29 June 2014. They will be paying Ehrhoff $12 million over 14 years." (around $850,000 per year). [/size]

Nice work if you can get it.

Compliance buyouts don't count against the cap, it comes out of T-Peg's wallet. Consider it the cost of not removing Regier immediately.

Compliance buyouts don't count against the cap, it comes out of T-Peg's wallet. Consider it the cost of not removing Regier immediately.

Yep.

Hodgson is the only buyout counting against the cap currently. Leino & Ehrhoff were compliance buyouts & don't count against the cap.