Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

I've never paid attention to the NHL draft before recently...are there no big trades up into the top 3 like in the NFL? Any chance the Sabres could package some of their draft booty to move up?

The likely reason is the NHL draft has only a handful of NHL-ready players. Even top picks sometimes need seasoning in the minors. NHL is more like baseball than football that way.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see the Oilers at #4 taking Juolevi, but yah never know!

This is the Oilers we're talking about. You can never be so sure with them

The likely reason is the NHL draft has only a handful of NHL-ready players. Even top picks sometimes need seasoning in the minors. NHL is more like baseball than football that way.

It's starting to change ever so slowly. USA's hockey program is doing a spectacular job of getting players ready for the NHL.

You mean like McDavid? He was almost in tears last year and seemed to do pretty well?

These kids hope to go to their home team. they are always a little shocked. understandable.

He's from Arizona and let it be known that he grew up watching shane Doan and Daniel briere. He's a big Coyote's fan. I would expect mixed emotions.

Kids got a hell of a memory. He was 5 years old when Briere got traded to the Sabres.

It's starting to change ever so slowly. USA's hockey program is doing a spectacular job of getting players ready for the NHL.

Age plays a big part as well. These kids are drafted in or after high school. NFL players after a few years of college.

No Eichel!

@TSN_Sports

Connor McDavid, Artemi Panarin and Shayne Gostisbehere are the three finalists for the Calder Trophy.

ChfRAQiU0AEwOa2.jpg

What a joke. Although Panarin (the 24-1/2 year old rookie) will probably run away with it anyway.

How long do you expect it to take to finish in the top half of the league? (aka, make the playoffs?) Four years? You know the Sabres improved by 27 points and were 12 points out of the playoffs one year after being dead last? So you say it will take 4 years to improve by 6 wins?

No one would give a bag of pucks for Ennis right now.

I think playoffs this upcoming season is 100% a realistic possibility.

From the all star break on this year, the sabres were playing on pace of a wild card team.

Technically correct, but he was a helluva lot closer to 19 than 18.

I don't care. Buccigross should be accurate.

I mean, Panarin was only 23 when the season started.

GO SABRES!!!

If you're not first, you're last. Panarin should run away with the Calder voting, so I don't care one bit who the other two finalists are. I know some might say that he's too old, but rules are rules and Panarin should be the clear winner of the award.