Listening to WEEI from Boston

TH3

Seeing what the locals are saying....currently they are rattling on non-stop....about deflategate....how Brady was framed, how the report was wrong, how the physics doesn't work....holy crap do these guys have a persecution complex. The rest of the world has moved on....but its more fun being wronged I guess....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be wearing my Bills gear all week here in Boston. For sure my students will be decked out in their Pats jerseys, hats, etc. -- and the little pissants will be squawking. Should be fun ...

But they are dead wrong on the physics; fairly elementary thermodynamics ... I already explained it to some of them. Come to think of it, maybe I'll put that as a question on the mid-term. Then we'll see where their loyalties lie. :devil:

The funny part is that they are some of the least knowledgeable fans in all of sports (Pats fans not Boston fans in general). The last 2 games I went to there pretty funny. The last time I had my Andre Reed throwback on and some guy was like trying to talk trash in line at me and was like "who is Reed anyways." My cousin was with me (she lives in Boston) and she educated him, "a HOF wide receiver." The guy felt pretty stupid learning the history of the game from a 110 lb female.

The time before was the first game that Losman appeared in. It was a Sunday Night game. The people around me were playfully jabbing at me early in the game. Then by like the 2nd quarter they were asking about formations and what a cover 2 was. I m by no means a football expert but to these people (and it was like 10 or more) I was Vince Lombardi. They were nice enough and bought me beers and stuff but they couldn't have known less.

I live twenty minutes from the Death Star in Foxboro and used to go to games there. I doubt I'll ever go again. I love our annual 8 hour drive to Western NY. The two game day experiences do not compare.

This summer has absolutely killed sports radio in this area. I have gone back to actually listening to music on the radio than listen to droning on and on about deflategate. There are also guys (Felger & Mazz on 98.5) that actually go against the Pats* and come out and say that Tommy was wrong but it still a ton dribble.

i hope more than anything that not only do we win Sunday but we win BIG. like 31-0. and Brady gets hit HARD. like he gets knocked out and they have to wake him up with smelling salts and then he wakes up and curls up in a ball and cries for Giselle to take him home

I'll be wearing my Bills gear all week here in Boston. For sure my students will be decked out in their Pats jerseys, hats, etc. -- and the little pissants will be squawking. Should be fun ...

But they are dead wrong on the physics; fairly elementary thermodynamics ... I already explained it to some of them. Come to think of it, maybe I'll put that as a question on the mid-term. Then we'll see where their loyalties lie. :devil:

awesome! do it! And make sure its a part of the assessment reports to the accrediting agencies.

i hope more than anything that not only do we win Sunday but we win BIG. like 31-0. and Brady gets hit HARD. like he gets knocked out and they have to wake him up with smelling salts and then he wakes up and curls up in a ball and cries for Giselle to take him home

he's not allowed home anymore..they are on bad terms...but that actually makes it all the better, He'll cry for her and know-one will answer..hehe

hahaha that would be hysterical! I wonder how many swayed answers you'd get.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/on-to-buffalo.1123530/

What their fans are saying. I'm actually surprised how afraid they are of this game. Nothing like what was on the colts boards last week. The fans do seem to know what they're talking about.

definitely some pretty interesting insights and viewpoints in that forum haha.

the funniest viewpoint is that TT is "just not a good QB"

we'll see.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/on-to-buffalo.1123530/

What their fans are saying. I'm actually surprised how afraid they are of this game. Nothing like what was on the colts boards last week. The fans do seem to know what they're talking about.

That was a mixed bag of people for sure. A few people giving credit, a few giving none and a few giving backhanded compliments (I'm surprised they beat the colts but it's the colts so it doesn't mean much).

I find it hard to think of being a patriots fan for the past however long. What do they have to talk about? Other than these cheating allegations that have come up what do they do?

Post #1: We play Miami this week

Post #2: Win.

End of thread.

Edited by The Wiz

The funny part is that they are some of the least knowledgeable fans in all of sports (Pats fans not Boston fans in general). The last 2 games I went to there pretty funny. The last time I had my Andre Reed throwback on and some guy was like trying to talk trash in line at me and was like "who is Reed anyways." My cousin was with me (she lives in Boston) and she educated him, "a HOF wide receiver." The guy felt pretty stupid learning the history of the game from a 110 lb female.

The time before was the first game that Losman appeared in. It was a Sunday Night game. The people around me were playfully jabbing at me early in the game. Then by like the 2nd quarter they were asking about formations and what a cover 2 was. I m by no means a football expert but to these people (and it was like 10 or more) I was Vince Lombardi. They were nice enough and bought me beers and stuff but they couldn't have known less.

What the hell do mean your not a football expert!

Seeing what the locals are saying....currently they are rattling on non-stop....about deflategate....how Brady was framed, how the report was wrong, how the physics doesn't work....holy crap do these guys have a persecution complex. The rest of the world has moved on....but its more fun being wronged I guess....

Almost nobody has moved on. Every conversation regarding the Pats very quickly turns to cheating.