Whaley's Performance

Whaley's Performance  

148 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade Doug Whaley's overall performance since taking over GM role in 2013?

2. 2. How would you grade Whaley soley on this off season?

3. 3. How has this offseason affected your perception of Whaley?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the GM is responsible for more than "talent on paper" right?

"Ultimately" responsible, sure. But does he prep the players on the gameplan? Call the plays on the field? Execute the plays?

How much more can he do than put together the best "talent on paper"?

I started this poll basically to see if anybody was still bitter over the Jackson thing. I haven't seen anybody come straight out and say that at least.

I would say "Freddie's Dead" and his D/C grades might be! :lol::nana:

Yes, the team has some good players but would we not without Whaley? I'd say we'd have even better players without him and would've been to the playoffs by now without him. Also, he was compliant with a lot of wrong moves under Nix. He was big on TJ Graham and insisted that he was a Mike Wallace 2.0. He stated that the only thing wrong with EJ is that he's too perfect. He thinks Jackson is too old? Doesn't think Chandler was worth $2M? Has Whaley ever said anything intelligent or even realistic? He makes most of his roster moves out of desperation because he botched the situation a year before. Cassel is the symptom to a problem he failed to correct when he started a season with EJ in "win now" mode. What a freakin joke.

I think we have the most talented roster in the NFL right now. My concern still remains the O line. Bringing in Chris Willaiams and Rchardson make me question giving him an A. If incognito and Miller work out and this is a playoff team (Which I believe it is) then I'll up my vote to an A

Nailed it. I am not sure how the blame gets divied up, but the o-line from deterioration from 2012 to 2014 is the biggest problem they had. Not EJ or KO. Going into a season with an o-line in disarray as they did last year is the prescription for a disappointing season. Decent o-line play in the first two games says that maybe Williams was going to help. Choosing Richardson over Urbik was probably more Doug Marrone's decision as was moving Pears to guard but Whaley wanted to keep that 2nd round pick and Cyrus Kouandjio was not of any help to them in 2014.

I think we have the most talented roster in the NFL right now. My concern still remains the O line. Bringing in Chris Willaiams and Rchardson make me question giving him an A. If incognito and Miller work out and this is a playoff team (Which I believe it is) then I'll up my vote to an A

hey don't forget me!!!

regards, Doug Legursky. Steelers reject.

I don't think there's much new to judge him on than there was a month or two ago. Let's see what happens during the season.

Cutting Fred. Signing Dareus. Cutting/resigning Cassel. Found out Tyrod Taylor is good ( although I guess you could debate how much he had to do with that decision.)

Whoever voted C or below is a complete psycho.

agreed. Look at the Steelers slow decline, and yet their GM just got an extension. Not being able to find a franchise QB is not really a GM's glaring weakness. He did find TT, who I hope will become our Tony Romo (4 year bench player who becomes all-star).

Cutting Fred. Signing Dareus. Cutting/resigning Cassel. Found out Tyrod Taylor is good ( although I guess you could debate how much he had to do with that decision.)

Awesome job by Whaley. And even if Rex motivated Whaley to get TT, at least we have a GM who will listen to the HC, and let him start TT week one, and put "his guy" at 3rd string.

Nailed it. I am not sure how the blame gets divied up, but the o-line from deterioration from 2012 to 2014 is the biggest problem they had. Not EJ or KO. Going into a season with an o-line in disarray as they did last year is the prescription for a disappointing season. Decent o-line play in the first two games says that maybe Williams was going to help. Choosing Richardson over Urbik was probably more Doug Marrone's decision as was moving Pears to guard but Whaley wanted to keep that 2nd round pick and Cyrus Kouandjio was not of any help to them in 2014.

Whaley is ultimately reponsible for who he signs to the roster and drafts and Chris Williams and to some extent Richardson were mistakes. But that said, he also gets what his coach is looking for. He went after Williams because Marrone wanted huge road graters as OL. The same reason he drafted Kujo and Richardson. Rex and Roman want guys who can move and be more athletic and cerebral. That's why he signed Incognito (with Rex's wishes) and drafted Miller.

I started this poll basically to see if anybody was still bitter over the Jackson thing. I haven't seen anybody come straight out and say that at least.

I'll always have a problem with that. I still give him a B, but that's subject to change based on the outcome of the season.

I don't know how anyone can give him an A without seeing how TT performs.

Edited by Rob's House

I'll always have a problem with that. I still give him a B, but that's subject to change based on the outcome of the season.

I don't know how anyone can give him an A without seeing how TT performs.

I agree RH. I can't get too giddy about a GM who tried hard to re-sign Byrd and Spiller. I don't hate the trade for Watkins any more but it's not a done deal yet.

He is in a great situation. He's got a very rich owner and a rabid, LOYAL fanbase. I WANT to like Whaley and think that doing so is a strong possibility. He is somewhat new at this and has room to grow, learn and improve.

I have not been optimistic about a given season in a very long time. Now, I am biting at the bit for kickoff, and predict a win. Whaley deserves some credit for this.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!34-13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh i am pissed. will stay pissed

But whatevs

I thinks he is a bit nuts. But he has developed a great scouting staff for sure :thumbsup:

I agree RH. I can't get too giddy about a GM who tried hard to re-sign Byrd and Spiller. I don't hate the trade for Watkins any more but it's not a done deal yet.

He is in a great situation. He's got a very rich owner and a rabid, LOYAL fanbase. I WANT to like Whaley and think that doing so is a strong possibility. He is somewhat new at this and has room to grow, learn and improve.

I have not been optimistic about a given season in a very long time. Now, I am biting at the bit for kickoff, and predict a win. Whaley deserves some credit for this.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!34-13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he had any influence on the Coaching hires i will give Whaley a modicum of credit for this.

But have no doubt i am as excited about the opener! More than i have been in eons

Edited by 3rdand12