Weather for the weekend? Maybe rain

boyst

Eh, I tend to think "Weather Forecasts" more than 2 days out are fairly inaccurate. I remember when I was 16 and went on a field trip to Channel 10 NBC in Rochester, the Meteorologist at the station basically said to us that anything past 2 days is guess work. That was a while ago, not sure if much has changed.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind. We need wind.

Why? Wind ruins a football game

Eh, I tend to think "Weather Forecasts" more than 2 days out are fairly inaccurate. I remember when I was 16 and went on a field trip to Channel 10 NBC in Rochester, the Meteorologist at the station basically said to us that anything past 2 days is guess work. That was a while ago, not sure if much has changed.

This is correct

this may be a dumb question but are you allowed to bring an umbrella to the game

You.....you are the one. Dead to me!

I can put up with drunks spilling beer on me, insults hurled my way, you calling my dead momma names....but put an umbrella up in front me at a game and we got issues!

Edited by plenzmd1

You guys do this too yourself every year. You guys get all worked up about the weather & in most years for the opener the weather is just fine. I am kind of a weather nerd & it does look like Saturday could be on the wet side. Sunday there maybe a shower or 2 in the area but most of the tailgate & the game will be dry as of right now. Now that could change in the next day or 2. Don't go to weather channel, they have no idea what they are talking about & generalize.

You guys do this too yourself every year. You guys get all worked up about the weather & in most years for the opener the weather is just fine. I am kind of a weather nerd & it does look like Saturday could be on the wet side. Sunday there maybe a shower or 2 in the area but most of the tailgate & the game will be dry as of right now. Now that could change in the next day or 2. Don't go to weather channel, they have no idea what they are talking about & generalize.

What site do you suggest - weather underground?

One, I'm not putting too much in a weather report 5 days out.

Two, in the case that it does bucket and is very windy, so much the better for us. Do you remember what the weather was like in the AFC Championship game? That was the worst game Luck has had in a long while.

Maybe EJ can ask the equipment guys to rig a bunch of firehoses so that the ball and field are drenched all game. It's not like Goddell can suspend him, he never informed EJ that he could be suspended for tampering with stadium hoses.

Passing is part of a football game.

the Colts are a passing team. The Bills are (they say) a running team.

Yeah, I never get why people think the Bills are at an advantage in crappy weather.

the Colts have not been able to block, tackle, or run the ball. They are a passing team. The Bills, on paper, are at an advantage to be able to run the ball whereas the Colts as a team that has relied on the pass could struggle to do so.