Weather for the weekend? Maybe rain

boyst

the Colts are a passing team. The Bills are (they say) a running team.

the Colts have not been able to block, tackle, or run the ball. They are a passing team. The Bills, on paper, are at an advantage to be able to run the ball whereas the Colts as a team that has relied on the pass could struggle to do so.

They still have that Luck guy. He is still better than what the Bills have. He can run quick reads and slants all day if he has to. Its not as simple as "rain adv Bills", to me at least. His deep throws will be handcuffed, which will be the same for the Bills.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still have that Luck guy. He is still better than what the Bills have. He can run quick reads and slants all day if he has to. Its not as simple as "rain adv Bills", to me at least. His deep throws will be handcuffed, which will be the same for the Bills.

i didn't say rain was an advantage. I said wind would be an advantage.

What site do you suggest - weather underground?

Accuweather is good & they pinpoint where the rain will be exactly. They are calling for a 30% chance of rain(anything less then 40% usually doesn't happen) The local forecast are usually pretty good also. Channel 2 right now says there maybe a stray shower Sunday morning but nothing too major. Saturday could be wet.

Edited by Gordio

One thing a Rex Ryan defense typically does on a game-to-game basis is take away the short throws. Also, the Colts aren't exactly a speed team at the skill positions. They do have Hilton and Dorsett, who have good short-area quickness, but I'd imagine they're going to see a lot of bump-and-run from Darby and Robey, respectively.

I did.

Wind and rain would make the game a S*** show. I don't know who would have the adv there. If either team tried to throw the ball it could end up anywhere. Those winds swirl in the Ralph, as we all know.

Tyrod drops back to pass, wind kicks up or the ball slips out of his hands and that ball lands in the defenders hands for a pick 6. Is that still to our advantage?

he won't be dropping back to pass nearly as much as Luck. So, yes. Clearly it is to no one's advantage when it comes to the passing game in general. If you have one team that is pass heavy and one that is run heavy, then it isn't an equal disadvantage.

Here we have the Colts whose main advantage in the matchup is in the passing game. The Bills main advantage appears to be the run game (given the offensive philosophy, players and the Indy run D). One is more successful in bad weather than the other.

Edited by YoloinOhio

the Colts are a passing team. The Bills are (they say) a running team.

the Colts have not been able to block, tackle, or run the ball. They are a passing team. The Bills, on paper, are at an advantage to be able to run the ball whereas the Colts as a team that has relied on the pass could struggle to do so.

Don't ever sass me like this again.

I have never noticed this on my weather app. Never.

I used to have a weather app that would explain how comfortable outside activity would be. During the winter, with sub-zero temperatures and ripping winds, the app would describe outside activity as, "slightly uncomfortable." I would always read it to my kids as we went out to shovel snow!

I was warning everyone last Thursday. I called it. I am awesome. I am the best ever. It's all about me. I am so incredible.

Really, though, it could make it more fun. Looks like it should have scattered showers through the day, we'll get wet. I don't know if we will get showers during the game but it is the downpours I worry about.

You guys do this too yourself every year. You guys get all worked up about the weather & in most years for the opener the weather is just fine. I am kind of a weather nerd & it does look like Saturday could be on the wet side. Sunday there maybe a shower or 2 in the area but most of the tailgate & the game will be dry as of right now. Now that could change in the next day or 2. Don't go to weather channel, they have no idea what they are talking about & generalize.

This year it looks a little different. I had been checking models for a while and it kept looking like rain due to the fronts that were active in the area.

ground and pound baby

Is that the same as pound town?!

You guys do this too yourself every year. You guys get all worked up about the weather & in most years for the opener the weather is just fine. I am kind of a weather nerd & it does look like Saturday could be on the wet side. Sunday there maybe a shower or 2 in the area but most of the tailgate & the game will be dry as of right now. Now that could change in the next day or 2. Don't go to weather channel, they have no idea what they are talking about & generalize.

What's your take on the Dark Sky app? I've been impressed.

FWIW, they're saying "scattered light rain" from 9 a.m. throughout the day.

Edited by eball

No one here is saying that Luck isn't good or that Tyrod is better.

But when it comes down to which team looks better when deep balls are made less accurate, it most certainly is the Bills. If our CBs have less room to cover, that's an advantage. And Luck's accuracy really dropped in the rain in the playoff game against the Patriots.

And, as people have pointed out, the early scouting reports are that both the Colts O-line and run defense are looking abysmal. Grain of salt and all, but it sounds like we should be able to run with impunity, and hamper their run game and make Luck run for his life with 6 or 7 in the box.