• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough choices.

C. J. Spiller - Oft injured and never lived up to his full season potential
Matt Simms - come on now
Kiko Alonso - since he was not on the team last season due to injury and the team did well he shouldn't be on the list imo
Scott Chandler - I likes Scott. This will depend on how well Clay produces. Or how well he performs against the Bills!
Fred Jackson - Love Fred. He was part of a rotation cast and his contributions will be missed.
Matt Cassel - again come on now.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think all the guys on the list have been replaced. From a pure statistical view, I'm going with CJ Spiller. Sean Peyton will find a way to get him the ball in space and I expect him to have a great year. Also, never understood all the hate Chandler received. Clay is not really an upgrade over him imo and cost the Bills a large amount of cap space.

Honestly, I don't think the BILLS will miss any player....I know Whaley has taken some sharp criticism over the last couple weeks, but IMHO, he's done a hell of a job actually IMPROVING the roster from last year and not a single player I can think of, will actually be missed in terms of causing the BILLS to lose games. I love Fred Jackson, but given the roster at this point, it was time to move on....as for the rest, none of them I think do something their replacements can't and in fact, I think their replacements are better.

I think all the guys on the list have been replaced. From a pure statistical view, I'm going with CJ Spiller. Sean Peyton will find a way to get him the ball in space and I expect him to have a great year. Also, never understood all the hate Chandler received. Clay is not really an upgrade over him imo and cost the Bills a large amount of cap space.

I agree on Spiller. He will play that Reggie / Sproles role as well or better than they did. His health is the only concern.

To me Chandler didn't do anything above average. He was the "skinniest fat guy." He may have been the best TE that the Bills have had since Riemersma but that is kind of by default. He couldn't block, couldn't separate and had average hands. He was a big target that should have been a dynamic weapon in the red zone but played smaller than his size. The more that he got the ball the worse of the Bills were. He is "just a guy." He might have been 2nd best TE on this team. The system is very TE friendly but you can throw a rock and hit someone with as much ability as Chnadler. One of these younger guys will emerge behind Clay. My guess is Gragg.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

None is the correct answer. If you held a gun to my head I might say Searcy since we don't really know yet how Graham's transition will play out.

Same with Searcy. I liked Da'Norris and would've been okay with keeping him.

I'll admit, it's more hindsight with Darby's early woes and Leodis being injured that makes the heart grow fonder.

I went with Fred only because Kiko's knee is still wonky. Chandler is 2nd, and I, like others above, do not get the Chandler hate on this board. The only epic fail I can remember with Chandler is the Atlanta game. I can remember other clutch plays, like the Minnesota 4th down, and the Jets TD in Duhtwah. Scott will get his when the Pats are here in game 2. And yes, Bills fans, we will have to game plan for him (my favorite critique from the Chandler haters).

I went with Fred only because Kiko's knee is still wonky. Chandler is 2nd, and I, like others above, do not get the Chandler hate on this board. The only epic fail I can remember with Chandler is the Atlanta game. I can remember other clutch plays, like the Minnesota 4th down, and the Jets TD in Duhtwah. Scott will get his when the Pats are here in game 2. And yes, Bills fans, we will have to game plan for him (my favorite critique from the Chandler haters).

Ever seen Chandler try to block someone ?