High school players intentionally tackle ref

Acantha

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad when you read comments on the article on fb or other social media where people say the ref deserved it or if he was making bad calls he deserved it, or they see nothing wrong with what happened. There is absolutely NO reason for this kind of thing to happen. If the ref offended you or said something racist (one of the excuses I've seen) then notify your coach and let them handle it. These idiots could've paralyzed or killed this man with their actions. I can't wait until their parents come out and say how they can't believe how hard it is on their kids now and it's a game and they don't deserve to be punished, it's not their fault etc. that's next in the process, right?

Nah, their lawyer shouldn't let them talk while their lawsuit is ongoing.

It's sad when you read comments on the article on fb or other social media where people say the ref deserved it or if he was making bad calls he deserved it, or they see nothing wrong with what happened. There is absolutely NO reason for this kind of thing to happen. If the ref offended you or said something racist (one of the excuses I've seen) then notify your coach and let them handle it. These idiots could've paralyzed or killed this man with their actions. I can't wait until their parents come out and say how they can't believe how hard it is on their kids now and it's a game and they don't deserve to be punished, it's not their fault etc. that's next in the process, right?

I think it was in Ken Burns' Baseball... Early on in the game (pre-1900), one was expected to abuse the umps. I said above: It's our American birthright to fight & tackle tyranny. In baseball, things got out of hand pretty quickly, people started making death threats @ umps and bringing in firearms to the games.

And we cry about a little misguided tackle... LoL... Not that I condone, but don't we have anything better to do? Punish the offenders and move on.

I referee HS soccer and if this happened to me, I'd press charges.

The attack from the back, blind side is especially problematic.

Holy moly... Press charges? Not slamming soccer, but it is soccer, everybody is wearing the same equipment. A "tackle" in soccer is a trip everywhere else.

I am not saying that this stupid move shouldn't be punished... But charges? This is exactly what is wrong w/society.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I think it was in Ken Burns' Baseball... Early on in the game (pre-1900), one was expected to abuse the umps. I said above: It's our American birthright to fight & tackle tyranny. In baseball, things got out of hand pretty quickly, people started making death threats @ umps and bringing in firearms to the games.

And we cry about a little misguided tackle... LoL... Not that I condone, but don't we have anything better to do? Punish the offenders and move on.

Holy moly... Press charges? Not slamming soccer, but it is soccer, everybody is wearing the same equipment. A "tackle" in soccer is a trip everywhere else.

I am not saying that this stupid move shouldn't be punished... But charges? This is exactly what is wrong w/society.

So if someone is standing in a street corner and two people blindside them and knock them to the ground should they not be charged with assault? And if you feel they should why is this any different? And in this case they were wearing helmets and pads which can cause great injury.

Charges need to absolutely be pressed. This was a premeditated assault. Teach these kids a lesson that they need to be responsible for their actions. And if the coaches were involved in this as well, punish them as well to the fullest extent.

Im tired of people thinking they don't need to be held responsible for actions they make.

No. What is exactly wrong would be slapping the kids on the wrist. The fact is these kids thought this out and decided to assault an official who had no chance to defend himself. This is a criminal act. Bottom line.

So if someone is standing in a street corner and two people blindside them and knock them to the ground should they not be charged with assault? And if you feel they should why is this any different? And in this case they were wearing helmets and pads which can cause great injury.

Authority & tyranny. Were the refs making unjust calls? I don't know... But everybody has a breaking point.

I am only joking to an extent. You do have to put the "authority figure" element in there. This doesn't totally justify the act. BUT, they did lash out against authority and tyranny... That is our American birthright, isn't it? NOW, not that is shouldn't go unpunished either.

Do you want a sedate population that says: "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

No. What is exactly wrong would be slapping the kids on the wrist. The fact is these kids thought this out and decided to assault an official who had no chance to defend himself. This is a criminal act. Bottom line.

I am not saying slap them on the wrist. I am not saying throw the bok @ them either. What would both accomplish?

Authority & tyranny. Were the refs making unjust calls? I don't know... But everybody has a breaking point.

I am only joking to an extent. You do have to put the "authority figure" element in there. This doesn't totally justify the act. BUT, they did lash out against authority and tyranny... That is our American birthright, isn't it? NOW, not that is shouldn't go unpunished either.

Do you want a sedate population that says: "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

Better that then a society that beats the **** out of authority figures because they disagree with something they've said or done.

I beg to differ. Move to China if you like that.

So if a cop pulls someone over and tells them they were speeding and the driver adamantly disagrees and swears they were going under the speed limit they are justified in punching the cop in the nose? You're in rare form today.

So if a cop pulls someone over and tells them they were speeding and the driver adamantly disagrees and swears they were going under the speed limit they are justified in punching the cop in the nose? You're in rare form today.

No. I am not saying these players were justified. It is a silly game they are playing anyway.

Life doesn't need football... And it certainly doesn't need refs.

Life needs roads and cops.

Life doesn't need football... And it certainly doesn't need refs.

And therefore....

Nothing wrong with relieving a little tension via gang assault on an unsuspecting man? :lol:

Honestly, there is something very wrong with you!