High school players intentionally tackle ref

Acantha

What does it being a football game have to do with it? So if we're playing softball and I smack you across the head (and no one would get hurt here either because there's nothing there to injure) with a bat should everyone just laugh it off? Your reasons for not wanting to press charges are what's laughable. Just because no one was hurt is crazy. Their intent was to injure. No doubt about it.

No. It was a ref. The ref represents arbitrary tyranny... Again, who wouldn't want to tackle Walt Coleman. Yet... Our common senses would prevail and we wouldn't. Let this go as an isolated incident... Ban them from playing. Move on.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It was a ref. The ref represents arbitrary tyranny... Again, who wouldn't want to tackle Walt Coleman. Yet... Our common senses would prevail and we wouldn't. Let this go as an isolated inscident... Ban them from playing. Move on.

What the !@#$ does tyranny have to do with this? A high school football ref represents arbitrary tyranny? Do you even know why tyranny means? Dude you are one whacked mother effer. :wacko:

What the !@#$ does tyranny have to do with this? A high school football ref represents arbitrary tyranny? Do you even know why tyranny means? Dude you are one whacked mother effer. :wacko:

I think I stated early in the thread bringing up the concept and how it was applied to baseball in the 19th century with regard to umpires... It quickly got out of hand. The concept it not new... Just old and outdated. These kids let it get the best of them...

Yeah... I am one whacked mutha !@#ker! :-)

INTIMIDATE? Are you freaking kidding me?? The kid speared him in the back with his helmet. But if you really believe that then the charge should be assault.

Wouldn't you want to spear Walt Coleman... There's no true Bills fan on the planet that wouldn't WANT to... BUT they probably wouldn't. Heck, years ago... We had our our spearing contest set-up on this board! LoL...

Lighten up Francis...

I think I stated early in the thread bringing up the concept and how it was applied to baseball in the 19th century with regard to umpires... It quickly got out of hand. The concept it not new... Just old and outdated. These kids let it get the best of them...

Yeah... I am one whacked mutha !@#ker! :-)

Wouldn't you want to spear Walt Coleman... There's no true Bills fan on the planet that wouldn't WANT to... BUT they probably wouldn't. Heck, years ago... We had our our spearing contest set-up on this board! LoL...

Lighten up Francis...

People legally held slaves in the 19th century. What's your point. I have no idea who Walt Coleman is so I looked him up. Ok now that I've look him up no I don't want to spear him. See the reason I don't want to is because it just a game. You're using the line "It's just a game" so say it's ok. You see the difference? Of course you don't And no I will not lighten up on this. That video was sickening.

And you simply won't impose your over-emotions on me. I am callous to the emotion you express on this topic just as you are on things that get me all emotional. Deal with it. Here's a little advice, no need to get bent because people don't agree with you. Maybe somebody should have taught these players that.

That was clearly assault. Intimidation normally occurs with no physical violence; it's more the threat of said violence. These kids blindsided a man with no protection and knocked him to the ground. Not sure how that's not assault in anyone's eyes.

And you simply won't impose your over-emotions on me. I am callous to the emotion you express on this topic just as you are on things that get me all emotional. Deal with it. Here's a little advice, no need to get bent because people don't agree with you. Maybe somebody should have taught these players that.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. Especially from a guy who laughs off assault and batter against someone just because he is a ref.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. Especially from a guy who laughs off assault and batter against someone just because he is a ref.

Fair enough... Just remember that when I am overly emotional over something and you could give a two-sh*ts (which is often... :nana: ).

I really am that callous and uncompassionate about it. Wow, that's a switch between you and I. :lol:

Fair enough... Just remember that when I am overly emotional over something and you could give a two-sh*ts (which is often... :nana: ).

I really am that callous and uncompassionate about it. Wow, that's a switch between you and I. :lol:

I get emotional for just reasons as in this case. You get emotional because you're a nut case.

There's been a number of assaults on refs of all sports. I know at least one soccer ref died. Real Sports has had it on a few times.

They really should throw the book at these aholes.

May 4, 2013. Ricardo Portillo in Salt Lake City, Utah was killed by a 17 year old.