High school players intentionally tackle ref

Acantha

Okay... We have come to the conclusion that we should throw the book @ these guys and make them do hard time. Marines out of the question... But maybe Navy or Coast Guard?

Yes, it is stupid and reckless... BUT kinda funny. Isn't there a sweet spot for hating authority and refs? Haven't we all wanted to do this from time to time? Yet, our boring common sense got in the way.

Let's cut these guys some slack... Be less serious.

It's all fun and games... Nobody got hurt.

:lol:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine going through a day as a cop dealing with these ignorant, arrogant a--holes every time you try to do your job?? And doing that every day??

We can't afford to pay them all what they deserve, so I'm fully on board with letting them smash the teeth out of a few of these a--holes from time to time.

Okay... We have come to the conclusion that we should throw the book @ these guys and make them do hard time. Marines out of the question... But maybe Navy or Coast Guard?

Yes, it is stupid and reckless... BUT kinda funny. Isn't there a sweet spot for hating authority and refs? Haven't we all wanted to do this from time to time? Yet, our boring common sense got in the way.

Let's cut these guys some slack... Be less serious.

It's all fun and games... Nobody got hurt.

:lol:

Kinda funny?? Cut them some slack? Be less serious?? This was a coordinated premeditated attack on an ussuspecting person.

Kinda funny?? Cut them some slack? Be less serious?? This was a coordinated premeditated attack on an ussuspecting person.

Oh the horror! Throw them in jail... Make them pay! These acts are running rampant on the football field and if you don't go heavy on this, it will never end!

I am not saying you don't punish them... But get the gov't innvolved! Throw away the key!

Oh the horror! Throw them in jail... Make them pay! These acts are running rampant on the football field and if you don't go heavy on this, it will never end!

I am not saying you don't punish them... But get the gov't innvolved! Throw away the key!

Would you not want to press charges if two teenage boys tackled your wife, with the intent to injure, as she walked out of the grocery store?

Apples and oranges. One's a game. A silly game. The other is life. Yes, punish... Suspend. But no, not press charges. No if my wife was a ref, I would feel the same way.

So how would you define the crime of assault? Sorry it should be battery.

LoL... I just don't think it is a big problem. Yes, the hammer should drop and be banned for the season. Nobody did get hurt. But seriously, really people... Throw away the key? This is such a problem in sports! :lol:

Where are you coming up with the "throw away the key?" stuff?

Edited by Chef Jim

I just don't think that these guys deserve a record for this. They did a crazy thing, who doesn't do crazy things when they are kids. "Oh! The ref could have been hurt! He was assaulted!" Yes, that is true. He was assaulted. Ban them from playing football @ the high-school level and move on!

You can't unring a bell and untackle the ref! But we have to send a message! Make these players pay! Oh, the horror!

Criminal charges, if the kids had no prior offenses, would probably lead to community service....maybe probation but most likely not. Hopefully lesson learned. No one is talking about incarceration here, dude.

I don't even think it deserves criminal charges. Yes it was a ref... Still, it was during the course of the game.

I just don't think that these guys deserve a record for this. They did a crazy thing, who doesn't do crazy things when they are kids. "Oh! The ref could have been hurt! He was assaulted!" Yes, that is true. He was assaulted. Ban them from playing football @ the high-school level and move on!

You can't unring a bell and untackle the ref! But we have to send a message! Make these players pay! Oh, the horror!

When I played HS sports, I knew damned well that it was not okay to tackle a referee with the intent to harm. I'm sorry, but IMO this doesn't fall under the category of "crazy things you do when you're a kid."

So you're saying they committed a crime, the crime of assault (battery actually) but they should not be charged for the crime. Why? Because they're young? Because they did it on the football field? I'd really like to hear your justification for just laughing it off. Many of us did stupid crap as teenagers and have, or at least had a record for it. Why should this be any different? Why on earth would you defend these dumbasses. It's not like they'll go to jail for this.

I don't even think it deserves criminal charges. Yes it was a ref... Still, it was during the course of the game.

No it was a man during the course of the day. Just because he's a ref and it was a game has nothing to do with it.

Apples and oranges. One's a game. A silly game. The other is life. Yes, punish... Suspend. But no, not press charges. No if my wife was a ref, I would feel the same way.

So, walking down the street you press charges. Attacking someone from behind because it occurred on a football field (and no, it wasn't part of the game, at least any game I've ever seen) you admonish them. Your reality is really !@#$ed up.

So you're saying they committed a crime, the crime of assault (battery actually) but they should not be charged for the crime. Why? Because they're young? Because they did it on the football field? I'd really like to hear your justification for just laughing it off. Many of us did stupid crap as teenagers and have, or at least had a record for it. Why should this be any different? Why on earth would you defend these dumbasses. It's not like they'll go to jail for this.

No it was a man during the course of the day. Just because he's a ref and it was a game has nothing to do with it.

I think they should be suspended from playing and move on.

Becasue... It is a football game, nobody got hurt... Move on. I am not defending them, I am just blowinig it off.

My justification for laughing it off? Who wouldn't want to tackle Walt Coleman!

So, walking down the street you press charges. Attacking someone from behind because it occurred on a football field (and no, it wasn't part of the game, at least any game I've ever seen) you admonish them. Your reality is really !@#$ed up.

Yep!

I think they should be suspended from playing and move on.

Becasue... It is a football game, nobody got hurt... Move on. I am not defending them, I am just blowinig it off.

My justification for laughing it off? Who wouldn't want to tackle Walt Coleman!

Yep!

What does it being a football game have to do with it? So if we're playing softball and I smack you across the head (and no one would get hurt here either because there's nothing there to injure) with a bat should everyone just laugh it off? Your reasons for not wanting to press charges are what's laughable. Just because no one was hurt is crazy. Their intent was to injure. No doubt about it.