High school players intentionally tackle ref

Acantha

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May 4, 2013. Ricardo Portillo in Salt Lake City, Utah was killed by a 17 year old.

Yup - that was the guy! A lot of other attacks where refs got hurt bad, too. The one where a whole football team and fans were beating the crap out of the guy was scary.

"The players allege that Watts used racial slurs; Watts denies the allegation"

Were the kids black? I wasn't even paying attention to that when I watched the video.

I probably shouldn't say anymore... I am in the very big minority here... Even "rogue" like Hammersticks says... LoL...

It almost looks they were trying to bury him in disguise of the play! LoL... A very bad play that didn't even come close to where the ref was.

I am not saying they were wrong... It looks like their emotions about the ref overcame them. He had to do something that they didn't like... Even if just "being the ref" and making bad calls... Something overcame them. What if he did call them or use a slur? Of course it doesn't mean they have to bury him.

Again... How many times does somebody on the board want to blindside Walt Coleman and his crew? Obviously, these players had the means and it overcame them... Even if they plead temporarily insanity.

Of course this doesn't mean my opinions are NOT permanently insane... To many, all of them are! :-)

What I am saying is, many here are simply trying to make something rational out of something so irrational and emotional. That will never happen. You can't unring a bell, even if it is the ref's bell that got rung.

All the punishment in the world, community service, etc.. is NOT going to make this into a rational situation. Everything surrounding this is highly charged with emotional, you can't say those players weren't charged w/emotion. Given the context, I can understand that emotion... They just didn't control it!

Ban them and move on. Thank God he didn't get hurt.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois