Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

You know it's getting serious when Joe Chennelly starts tweeting info!

@jchenelly: No holiday today @ 1 #Bills Drive. While coaches search for OLine depth & a PS QB, negotiations to extend Marcell Dareus are in high gear.

I have a feeling today is the day this gets done.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 2m2 minutes ago

Marcell Dareus’ deal will average $15.4M from 2015-2021, or $16.7 million from 2016-2021 (the portion of the extension). Suh was $19M/per.

Very happy :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I thought I read he has the most guaranteed money by a non-QB player ever.....but apparently the story has been updated and no longer says that.

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo 6m6 minutes ago

Marcell Dareus reportedly getting $60M in guaranteed money; would make him highest-paid non-QB by guaranteed money (passing Suh, $59.96M)

I dunno... i mean all this money is outrageous, but Dareus seems like the light went on for him and he was committed. His Rookie deal was 20 mm guaranteed, if he was truly lazy, wouldn't his true colors show with that 20mm...

I am basing that off the fact that if i made 20 mil, i would retire to some place under a palm tree and live out my days with a rum drink in hand.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 2m2 minutes ago

Marcell Dareus’ deal will average $15.4M from 2015-2021, or $16.7 million from 2016-2021 (the portion of the extension). Suh was $19M/per.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 6m6 minutes ago

Marcell Dareus reportedly getting $60M in guaranteed money; would make him highest-paid non-QB by guaranteed money (passing Suh, $59.96M)

Wow, I'm even more impressed. The Bills got Dareus to take only $40K more than Suh in guarantees (sorry about the 1M in my previous post, I missed the decimal places in the Suh guarantee), AND $14M less over 6 years. I bow to Overdorf and the #FullWhaley :worthy:

Wow, I thought the 108 was 6 years. If this is right, 6 yrs for 100M, we STOLE him. 14M less and only 1M more in guarantee than Miami paid Suh. Got to give it up to Overdork and #FullWhaley, this is outright theft.

The only people that care about "average" are the agents.

It's all about the guaranteed cash and if I understand it correctly, Dareus will receive the most guaranteed cash of any D lineman in history.

Nice.

GO BILLS!!!

Jerry hughes @Iam_jerryhughes 2m2 minutes ago

Congrats to the big homie @DareusMarcell.. Now let's hunt #hegotplentymoney

Vic Carucci @viccarucci 4m4 minutes ago

Base new money for Dareus is $95M. Including incentive new money, it's $100.35M, according to #NFL source. Over 7 yrs, he could earn $108M.

Vic Carucci @viccarucci 2m2 minutes ago

Dareus' deal w #Bills is not $18M per yr, according to #NFL source. It's $15.85M base w likely to be earned bonuses putting it at $16.75M.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The only people that care about "average" are the agents.

It's all about the guaranteed cash and if I understand it correctly, Dareus will receive the most guaranteed cash of any D lineman in history.

Nice.

GO BILLS!!!

thats a LITTLE overstated, but theres a lot of truth still. some of these long term deals are real, even if we assume none play out though.