Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

Next year will be the tough year if we get Bradham and Dareus done. I guess Harvin, restructuring Mario and Clay, then losing players like Wood / Mckelvin / Kyle might be needed to get Gilmore and Glenn to stay.

Clay doesn't need to be restructured, his contract decreases year by year.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year will be the tough year if we get Bradham and Dareus done. I guess Harvin, restructuring Mario and Clay, then losing players like Wood / Mckelvin / Kyle might be needed to get Gilmore and Glenn to stay.

Agree on Kyle Williams and Eric Wood. Last year for them both. Wood's play has deteriorated over the last few years. Hopefully he can deliver in '15.

Clay doesn't need to be restructured, his contract decreases year by year.

The structure they gave him is textbook for one that is designed to be restructured. The big year two bonus is almost always turned into a signing bonus so it can be amortized over the remainder of the deal.

I honestly would rather see this money go to Glenn BEFORE Bradham

Unless they think they can get Glenn into a contract in the offseason

Glenn was not all that and a bag of chips last year. (To be fair, no one was) I think Roman wants to see if he gets pre-2014 Glenn or 2015 Glenn before signing off on the "pay him!" chit.

The structure they gave him is textbook for one that is designed to be restructured. The big screen year two bonus is almost always turned into a signing bonus so it can be amortized over the remainder of the deal.

It was structured with a big bonus in 2016 to prevent Miami from matching. They have a huge hit in 2016 from Suh's contact

You know it's getting serious when Joe Chennelly starts tweeting info!

@jchenelly: No holiday today @ 1 #Bills Drive. While coaches search for OLine depth & a PS QB, negotiations to extend Marcell Dareus are in high gear.

Haha.

I've forgotten all about him. I can't even remember what he was wrong about.

It was structured with a big bonus in 2016 to prevent Miami from matching. They have a huge hit in 2016 from Suh's contact

And mirrors what gms around the league, including what Miami did with suh, putting a big roster bonus anticipated to be converted

Haha.

I've forgotten all about him. I can't even remember what he was wrong about.

he wasn't wrong - he had some source at OBD who was very tied into the Hughes negotiations. As I recall he knew what time the the meetings started and ended, who was there, how close they were, ex. Edited by YoloinOhio

he wasn't wrong - he had some source at OBD who was very tied into the Hughes negotiations. As I recall he knew what time the the meetings started and ended, who was there, how close they were, ex.

I thought he was convinced Hughes wasn't going to sign with the Bills. I can't remember.

I thought he was convinced Hughes wasn't going to sign with the Bills. I can't remember.

nope. He did say that Hughes was going to test FA but that was technically true - that window of time where agents can talk with other teams and not visit. I believe he did do that to find out what was out there.

Agree on Kyle Williams and Eric Wood. Last year for them both. Wood's play has deteriorated over the last few years. Hopefully he can deliver in '15.

Maybe we should be a bit hasty about announcing the end of the career of a defensive tackle who's still playing at the top of his game (2014 pro bowler, 1st team all-pro) b/c he's 32, and perhaps flashback a decade to the 2005 off-season and check the conversations here re: a certain other DT who went on to play six more solid years, the first three going to the pro bowl. We have one of the all-time defensive lines -- let's not be so swift to architect its break-up. If the Dolphins can be flush against the cap and figure out a way to sign Suh, I'm pretty sure the Bills can find a way to keep KW in the fold.

Maybe we should be a bit hasty about announcing the end of the career of a defensive tackle who's still playing at the top of his game (2014 pro bowler, 1st team all-pro) b/c he's 32, and perhaps flashback a decade to the 2005 off-season and check the conversations here re: a certain other DT who went on to play six more solid years, the first three going to the pro bowl. We have one of the all-time defensive lines -- let's not be so swift to architect its break-up. If the Dolphins can be flush against the cap and figure out a way to sign Suh, I'm pretty sure the Bills can find a way to keep KW in the fold.

agreed. There is a big difference in talent between Wood and KW. I don't think they will move on from KW just to save money.