I really want to keep our uniforms red, white and blue

Howard

Dear Mr Pegulo

I heard that you and the team were thinking of changing the colors of the uniform. My friend who I walk with at the mall said that this OneBuffalo theme means you are trying to make the teams connect more and part of that work is to change the Bills colors to blue/white and gold. Why don't you change the sabres colors to red,white and blue then? Why the Bills?

It would be a very big mistake to change the Bills colors. They have been red white and blue ever since I went to the rockpile with my wife and friends. I've been a fan of our team for well over 50 years of my 80+ years. Everyone knows its the Bills because of the look of the uniform. Change is a good thing now and then but changing the uniform should not be an option. If you change the uniform color I'll probably not watch the team anymore on our tv set.

You didn't grow up in Buffalo so you probably don't really care about the colors. But we do. Keep it the way it is and we can win this thing. Same with the Sabres. Don't make them red, white and blue. I understand One Buffalo is a good marketing thing but that doesn't mean hockey and football should have OneUniform.

Thank you

Howard in South Buffalo

Edited by Howard

Dear Mr Pegulo

I heard that you and the team were thinking of changing the colors of the uniform. My friend who I walk with at the mall said that this OneBuffalo theme means you are trying to make the teams connect more and part of that work is to change the Bills colors to blue/white and gold. Why don't you change the sabres colors to red,white and blue then? Why the Bills?

It would be a very big mistake to change the Bills colors. They have been red white and blue ever since I went to the rockpile with my wife and friends. I've been a fan of our team for well over 50 years of my 80+ years. Everyone knows its the Bills because of the look of the uniform. Change is a good thing now and then but changing the uniform should not be an option. If you change the uniform color I'll probably not watch the team anymore on our tv set.

You didn't grow up in Buffalo so you probably don't really care about the colors. But we do. Keep it the way it is and we can win this thing. Same with the Sabres. Don't make them red, white and blue. I understand One Buffalo is a good marketing thing but that doesn't mean hockey and football should have OneUniform.

Thank you

Howard in South Buffalo

Color? Yer whining about color boy? Back in my day, we didn't have color! No siree bob, we had to watch everything in black and white! And we had to walk to the field to see them play! No shoes, uphill, in the snow, both ways, and we LIKED it, dangnabbit. After, we all went to the nickelodeon for a soda and a Fatty Arbuckle movie. Then I fought the Boche in the Great War...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I dunno. It might be kind of cool to have it all one color scheme. Like the Pirates/Steelers/Penguins or Seahawks/Mariners. Maybe have the Sabres go blue and red though, since the Bills are a bigger national brand and have been around longer. Or maybe have alternate Blue/Red jerseys.

Or maybe leave it the way it is and let each team have its own identity & its own traditions.

Domo arigato, Mr. Pegulo

I dunno. It might be kind of cool to have it all one color scheme. Like the Pirates/Steelers/Penguins or Seahawks/Mariners. Maybe have the Sabres go blue and red though, since the Bills are a bigger national brand and have been around longer. Or maybe have alternate Blue/Red jerseys.

Red, white, blue, and gold. Maybe throw a little purple in teal in there too just to balance it out.

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I am a quick thinker so when I heard this might happen I wanted to act on it. Any of you guys think it cant happen are dreaming. Like TRBJ - why would you be ok with this? The sabres should stay blue and gold like they always have been and the Bills should stay red, white and blue. When I heard this earlier today I almost punched the guy.

If this is not a trolling thread topic:

I'll just interject to note that since the Bills did a uniform redesign... was it two years ago? ... by league rule they are not allowed to do another major redesign for five years afterward.

There will not be a radical change anytime soon, and I don't think there will be a radical change anytime in the future. These unis are quite popular. As for myself, I think the black piping is unnecessary, ugly, and about 10 years behind --- but then again that's WNY for you --- but it's not that big a deal. The alternate / '64-'65 throwback unis are very nice, IMO.

If this is not a trolling thread topic:

I'll just interject to note that since the Bills did a uniform redesign... was it two years ago? ... by league rule they are not allowed to do another major redesign for five years afterward.

There will not be a radical change anytime soon, and I don't think there will be a radical change anytime in the future. These unis are quite popular. As for myself, I think the black piping is unnecessary, ugly, and about 10 years behind --- but then again that's WNY for you --- but it's not that big a deal. The alternate / '64-'65 throwback unis are very nice, IMO.

Oh, the sanity. These are the posts I wish for. 5 years between uni changes. I learned something today. Thank you UCJ. Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH