Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this goes back to everything we heard back in March about the Bills possibly releasing Jackson then. Pegula had to step in and stop it and Whaley basically lied said that they have no intentions on cutting Fred. however, it was his plan the whole time to cut Fred in favor of Bryce Brown. 60,000 season ticket sales later and apparently now was a good time to finally release Fred. Rex didn't want Brown because he fumbles so I doubt Rex was on board with this decision. It's all Whaley and Fred is just calling it how it is

Realistically though, how many ST sales do they lose if they cut Fred in March instead of August? Maybe a couple hundred?

Kind of funny reading a post like list about calling someone else an infant. Well like they always say, it takes one to know one.

I'm not going to do a huge "I told you so", but I told you all so. Whaley is an arrogant infant who deserves every morsel of the hate he surely will receive for this.

Did many people think they couldn't extend the players you are talking about with Fred still on the roster?

No.

If the plan is to spend all we have available, at some point it becomes Fred vs another option. Will we spend that way? I hope, and think, so

Maybe Whaley wanted EJ to start and was getting tired of feeling marginalized?

Rex got what he wanted in Tyrod and plenty else do Whaley got something he wanted this time?

I'm just guessing. Whaley has done a LOT for Rex so maybe he said "let me make this call.. Trust me on this one" or something like that.

Edited by TheFunPolice

What did he want to hear, exactly? Fred seems like a smart guy. I'm sure he can figure this out without Whaley telling him there's no room for an 34-year-old RB/locker room cheerleader when other, more important, players need to be extended. Common man.

It's tough for an older fella' to come to grips with his retirement age. That's exactly what Whaley acted on - even if Fred doesn't want to admit it. Agreed

If the plan is to spend all we have available, at some point it becomes Fred vs another option. Will we spend that way? I hope, and think, so

I just think Gugny is overplaying the business angle here. Fred's money wasn't keeping these huge future signings off the books.

That's how it works on the drawing board. I'm not sure that it's this easy inside the walls.

What does Timmah gain from putting out such an inflammatory tweet if it didn't have a tinge of truth to it? To me, going rogue means that the Freddie release short cut the usual process of player moves at OBD.

sure, we don't know the whole story. I do see it as plausible that Rex told Whaley to do whatever he could to keep him, and Whaley sent the Turk anyway. I don't see an issue with it, and I doubt Rex does either. Someone needs to make the call. Edited by YoloinOhio

Stop Fred. Go join Frank Reich, Brian Moorman, and Doug Flute in the hearts of fans who like the small less talented players. You played way above your genes. For that you deserve admiration and respect. But you are 34 years old and it is time to go. Is every GM that cuts an aging veteran a dishonest person? If Whaley didn't want to hurt your feelings, well there will be 31 other GM's that will very shortly. Again thank you for your effort. You are the only RB that actually knew how read blocks and fall forward. You beat out two first round backs. But your time is over. Say thank you to the team that gave you a chance. Don't burn the organization and fans that will welcome you back time and time again long after you have spent all your money. Live long and I hope you are healthy for the next phase of your life.

Regardless of whether or not you think this was a good cut, Whaley is looking bad right now with how he handled this. Luckily for him, he helped build the best roster in the league (QB excluded) so he gets a pass.

i think this goes back to everything we heard back in March about the Bills possibly releasing Jackson then. Pegula had to step in and stop it and Whaley basically lied said that they have no intentions on cutting Fred. however, it was his plan the whole time to cut Fred in favor of Bryce Brown. 60,000 season ticket sales later and apparently now was a good time to finally release Fred. Rex didn't want Brown because he fumbles so I doubt Rex was on board with this decision. It's all Whaley and Fred is just calling it how it is

Fred dropped the ball his fair share too.

This is an interesting way to look at it. I am not sure keeping Fred had a major impact on the 60,000 season ticket sales though. It seems like that would have happened anyway. Now every time Bryce Brown fumbles we will ask why he is still on the team. I would have liked Fred to have stayed but lets be real. He would have gotten hurt sooner or later and missed a bunch of games.