QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing another geno smith. He's too unproven, stage is too big. You can tell in his interviews. 1TD, 4 picks kind of performance. And coaches making excuses

Next you'll tell us he isn't articulate enough for you.

I'm seeing another geno smith. He's too unproven, stage is too big. You can tell in his interviews. 1TD, 4 picks kind of performance. And coaches making excuses

Wow. I see his interviews totally differently. He seems very grounded and confident in himself. And that's the way he plays too. He looks super calm on the field to me. Don't know where you get Geno Smith. Start from the fact that Geno's teammates don't seem to be in love with him, whereas Tyrod's gush about him (VaTech, Ravens, and now here). No guarantees TT is going to be good, but if he fails, I am very confident it won't be because the stage is too big for him. It will just be because he is not good enough.

I think EJ is working hard to become someone like that, but I don't think it's as natural to him. He often seems to be trying too hard to be the leader type. Not in a bad way, just in a less grounded/mature way than someone like TT. (And I like EJ and am hopeful, if unconvinced, about his future in the league.) Anyway, that's just my read on it. I could be way off.

What about Rex's past gives you confidence in his QB selection ?

Who said I'm confident about Rex's selection? I like what I've seen with my own two eyes from Tyrod.

And while we're at it, what exactly has Rex had to choose from since he's been a HC?

What about Rex's past gives you confidence in his QB selection ?

Geno:

- thrown on to big stage as a rookie

- did not have Super Bowl QB in front of him

- tons of character issues during the draft process and pre-season

- did not win over locker room

- not surrounded by all-pro talent

- not coached by a Super Bowl OC

Tyrod:

- Been a pro for 4 years and acts the part

- Behind Flacco

- Coached by Roman

- Watkins, McCoy, Harvin, Clay, Felton

- commands the locker room

- No character issues whatsoever

Apples/Oranges

Didn't say TT has genos characters flaws, only that I see similar in game melt downs. And don't kid yourself Rex is calling the shots here. The e pattern is a jets repeat. Roman is here because he won't challenge Rex. And btw kaep got worse under roman so its not like he's a savior. Although I will concede I like him.more than marrone's approach.

Didn't say TT has genos characters flaws, only that I see similar in game melt downs. And don't kid yourself Rex is calling the shots here. The e pattern is a jets repeat. Roman is here because he won't challenge Rex. And btw kaep got worse under roman so its not like he's a savior. Although I will concede I like him.more than marrone's approach.

I see dead people...

Show me this pattern.

Also, Rex said it was a group decision...what reason does he have to lie about that?

Then he kept getting worse. Then the assinine experiment subbing tebow. Then Geno, Vick...oh man.

I don't know, 2 AFC Championships with more weapons and a better defense than that Jets team. I will take that. I think this roster with TT as the QB comes out ahead in one of them, and we see the Super Bowl again.

I mean come on, the guy took the Sanchez led Jets to the AFC championship.

Trolling right along, JTSP. You found your winner for the '15 season. Last year it was Sammy plays like a DB and Woods isn't physical enough to be a WR. Now it's TT's interviews that give you insight into his playing ability.

Your ability to judge what happens on the football field is a waste of bandwidth.

These take the cake JTSP. I am amused, I grant you that.

And you got that from his interview process?

Reading Wawrow's Twitter timeline suggests that TT was Whaley's choice. Most assumed it was Rex.

@john_wawrow: Thing is, there was some support for Cassel at 1 #Bills Drive. Now discussions to release him? Seems like it's not all #OneBuffalo.

@john_wawrow: After what happened with #Jets and Rex's comments about unity here, how can this not be a question raised. https://t.co/uyao4f3sE9

@john_wawrow: @HaaseNC and I tweeted on Sunday that Rex torn between Tyrod and Cassel.

@john_wawrow: And yet the debate for starter didn't include EJ. I think that's important to stress. https://t.co/XR1PAZlIv5[/url

Was Taylor forced on staff as far as you know?

@john_wawrow: I'm standing by what I wrote. [url=https://t.co/u83AOzdZem]https://t.co/u83AOzdZem

@john_wawrow: All I know, the score on big decisions last 3 days is front office 2, staff 0.

Edited by YoloinOhio