RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of these emotions over someone nobody here personally knows.

It's a !@#$ing game. Fred Jackson is toast and anyone who cared to pay attention to all of his 500 rushing yards last year, as the oldest RB in the NFL, would know that.

Yep. We all love him for his heart and his story ... but Christ, we need to win. And the $$$ saved from cutting an unproductive back is going to help us do that.

Get over it. It's just a !@#$ing game. And Fred Jackson will be just fine. More importantly, the Bills will be better off in the long run.

Fred was the best back on an anemic run game. Even Jacksonville had a best QB. Put it into perspective.

I am guilty of watching Karlos in the Panthers game and thinking next year it will be shady/Karlos and getting really excited. Now it's a year sooner. And though Fred is an excellent pass blocker, I think this is somewhat minimized need due to the mobility of the QB going forward. The intangibles need to be replaced but that happens whenever a longtime respected vet leaves, on every team. Eventually, you move on.

As I've said, my heart broke when I heard the news but that's the NFL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Rex encouraging Aaron Williams to wear the #22 in practice today showed he has class. He was also clearly gritting his teeth to take the company line on letting Fred go, but anyone with the slightest common sense could read between the lines. He did what he had to do on a comparatively smaller issue, and took a stand where he needed to starting Tyrod over Whaley's pet.

The sting of Fred not being here is going to way on all fans, but we'll move on just like Fred himself will. Still, a piece of our heart will always have a spot for Fred, and if our season becomes a special one there will be a tiny residue of bitterness that it didn't include our Freddy.

Anyway, it is what it is.

My mind had gone a little one track there. My bad.

I think it will as time passes as someone else said. Right now there's a lot of bitterness and anger. Over time it hopefully will get better.

By the way Mark, i was talkin about you and Neg, i just like duality 😁

Rex encouraging Aaron Williams to wear the #22 in practice today showed he has class. He was also clearly gritting his teeth to take the company line on letting Fred go, but anyone with the slightest common sense could read between the lines. He did what he had to do on a comparatively smaller issue, and took a stand where he needed to starting Tyrod over Whaley's pet.

The sting of Fred not being here is going to way on all fans, but we'll move on just like Fred himself will. Still, a piece of our heart will always have a spot for Fred, and if our season becomes a special one there will be a tiny residue of bitterness that it didn't include our Freddy.

Your conjecture is interesting and we do understand your point.

How much does a 2-ton truck way?

Does anybody remember Bilial Powell and The Bills interest in getting him in March.

There was a **** storm over it at that time. Why, here's a tweet from our favorite twat Timmah: https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/574669098237427712?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

In retrospect, perhaps they should have cut Fred back then.

Good Luck Fred! You gave it your all here and earned the respect of the entire Bills Nation.