Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

My apologies Mr. Wayne, that's what I get for not reading the whole thread. On that line of thinking, I have not seen Tyrod make a throw like EJ's to Gragg or even the 2 in the end zone at the end of game #2 at. But at the same time it doesn't mean he can't. I would have like to see Tyrod throw a couple of Tds in the red zone, it's the one thing that has been missing so far.

Exactly.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am really trying to not be judgemental on posts this year and try to understand thought process

but

Jesus

What in the actual time you have had an opportunity to watch these qbs makes you think that

a. Cant stand in the pocket

b. Cant make the throws

TT looks composed.....accurate.....he flicks his wrist and the ball is out with volicity.

I felt like yesterday TT had a complete control of what was going on out there.....so much so that he basically just ripped throws from the pocket to say "ok coaches see I can do this as well" in ADDITION to being such a threat with his mobility

I absolutely LOVE what EJ has done this offseason....if TT was not showing so well EJ would def be my pick.

This is truly an amazing two man QB battle we are watching. I've been a supporter of EJ and do want him to start, but Tyrod Taylor is looking fantastic also! It's such a shame that we have to defend our picks and in the end be talking down the other guy since both QBs may really be something special.

I wonder if we can all have a "let's get along" approach and vow whoever is the QB picked to start the season between Manuel or Taylor, to not jump ship on that guy until 4 real games have been played. If it's Taylor then I'm going to hope he looks great, but still be willing to wait if he looks less than stellar his first few outings. Hopefully the same "sit back" approach by Taylor supporters would happen if Manuel is named the starter.

The worst thing to happen is a spilt in the organization and locker room between the two QBs. We've got to let the starting QB play an extended period of time without fear of being pulled. If he plays himself out of the job then so be it and be glad there's a backup QB who has shown very good talent.

Cassel's going to be cut. I don't have any "inside" information either. I just have what I saw over the last two games.

Manuel and Taylor have locked down the top two QB spots and Simms can be placed on the practice squad, leaving the Bills one extra young talented and cheap player to keep on the 53 man roster and saving themselves 5 million dollars.

It's too logical not to happen.

It's freaking Terry Pegula's fracking money. It's play money. Nobody cares about $5 million. I just don't see how you can say what you "saw over the last two games." He looked good/great in the first game and then yesterday he looked like Matt Cassel- a serviceable backup who can complete easy, short throws. Hey that's something that EJ Manuel couldn't do in his last two regular season games. I couldn't disagree with you anymore on this. I think it makes no sense to cut him.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I've been neutral about this QB competition. Cassel didn't look very good to me yesterday. If that's what the offense is going to look like with him under center, it's going to be a boring and frustrating season. EJ has a mental issue - his QB play remind me of my golf game - when he is relaxed and just goes out and plays, he can look great. But that one incompletion - and I know it's a nitpick - was vintage EJ Yips. He thought too much and his mechanics fell apart. I'm sure it's terrifying for the coaches to see that. The problem with EJ is mental not physical, which is very hard for coaches to deal with.

TT looked the best of the three but I still need to see a touchdown pass out of him in the redzone. That's what would worry me if I were his coaches.

Nice post. This is pretty much how I feel. I don't really care about any of these guys personally. Whoever gets the call I want to light it up. EJ just feels like the insane girlfriend you keep going back to cause she's hot and you convince yourself she can control her craziness. Never ends well.

Nice post. This is pretty much how I feel. I don't really care about any of these guys personally. Whoever gets the call I want to light it up. EJ just feels like the insane girlfriend you keep going back to cause she's hot and you convince yourself she can control her craziness. Never ends well.

"You may be right, I may be crazy. But it just might be a lunatic you're looking for...." (sorry, couldn't resist)

I'm in favor of Taylor based upon reports of his performance in 7-7, 11-11, scrimmage, and what I could see of preseason games.

But, I think it's pretty clear EJ has looked significantly improved this spring/summer - better decisiveness, better progressions, better ability to step into the pocket and let rip rather than trying to do that stupid roll at the first sign of pressure. I don't think he's where we want him to be yet as far as reading the D and adjusting, so in my mind he loses out. I don't see how that makes him the "insane girlfriend you keep going back to".

I am amazed at the acumen of many of the posters. They can determine a players ceiling by watching about 10 pre season drives. They can tell you what exactly Cassel's stats will be if he starts against Indy. It is all presented as factual analysis without reservation. But they have watched a lot of football so I guess they must know what they are talking about.

By the way Sammy Watkins is going to have a bad game against the Giants. 3 catches, 26 yards.

Well, Cassel does have an 11-year career of fairly consistent (mediocre) stats we can extrapolate from.

It's freaking Terry Pegula's fracking money. It's play money. Nobody cares about $5 million. I just don't see how you can say what you "saw over the last two games." He looked good/great in the first game and then yesterday he looked like Matt Cassel- a serviceable backup who can complete easy, short throws. Hey that's something that EJ Manuel couldn't do in his last two regular season games. I couldn't disagree with you anymore on this. I think it makes no sense to cut him.

it's CAP MONEY we're worried about - it doesn't matter how rich Pegula is. And Cassel's throws in the first (Carolina) game looked about as noodle armed as they did last night - go back and review. I did, and he looked significantly worse my second look.

Does it not bother you at all that in 2 preseason games AND the scrimmage, he has yet to lead a single scoring drive?

When teams game plan for him, they will take those short throws away. Cassel is Kelly Holcombe 10 years later.

Edited by BobChalmers

Roman is known for the being the opposite though. He is known for doing what players do well not trying to force his system or way on QBs the way Kelly and Marrone did. It's abundantly clear simply by the plays he calls for all three guys this preseason.

I've said it before.......if Roman could create a high powered offense with a proven mediocrity like Matt Cassel at the helm he would become the top HC'ing candidate in the NFL.

Not that he wouldn't get some credit for doing good things with TT but is it not clear how little love he got for his work with the VERY raw Colin Kaepernick?

He has to be torn some at the thought of his work possibly being written off again by another QB who excels at broken play football.

I don't think he came here planning to be the OC beyond this season.

I think he wanted to get out from the shadow of Harbaugh and prove what he can do and get a HC job pronto.

Torn or not I don't see how he can pass on Taylor.

That is one of the worst analogies ive ever seen. If you have an ex gf like that with a cannon like EJ has you marry that ****! Dont matter how crazy she is! And EJ aint crazy anyways

good/great are not the words I would use to describe Cassel's two outings. Ok, average, so-so maybe. He's done nothing Trent Edwards couldn't have done.

I've said it before.......if Roman could create a high powered offense with a proven mediocrity like Matt Cassel at the helm he would become the top HC'ing candidate in the NFL.

Not that he wouldn't get some credit for doing good things with TT but is it not clear how little love he got for his work with the VERY raw Colin Kaepernick?

He has to be torn some at the thought of his work possibly being written off again by another QB who excels at broken play football.

I don't think he came here planning to be the OC beyond this season.

I think he wanted to get out from the shadow of Harbaugh and prove what he can do and get a HC job pronto.

Torn or not I don't see how he can pass on Taylor.

On a more serious note, i can see this being the case. We may only have Roman this year