Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Oberyn" data-cid="3654259" data-time="1440951032"><p><p> Way to be a moron: Occam's razor <p><p><p>noun<p>1.<p><u><strong>a variant spelling of ------------------My buddy from the postal service was middle eastern and I don't think its nice to stereo type middle easterners as always using a knife or razor. Many of those people are very loving and pacifics.

Edited by Howard

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you're focusing too much on preseason stats.

I haven't rewatched the game, yet, but here's a concept often talked about in regards to the QB: rhythm.

Tyrod had rhythm. Cassel didn't. EJ was off and on.

In Tyrod's drives, the ball was out on time through clear lanes, no tipped passes, perfectly placed balls. It was as smooth as melted butter.

Once again, he made the right decisions and showcased his deadly dual-threat capability.

The stats are what they are. This is a no-brainer for me.

No I'm focusing on what was in front of me. None of the QBs has thrown a better ball than the one to Gragg in the 3rd Qtr.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Oberyn" data-cid="3654259" data-time="1440951032"><p><p> Way to be a moron: Occam's razor <p><p><p>noun<p>1.<p><u><strong>a variant spelling of ------------------My buddy from the postal service was middle eastern and I don't think its nice to stereo type middle easterners as always using a knife or razor. Many of those people are very loving and pacifics.

Large bodies of water?

Uhm, you have two guys who were both pretty good in preseason, but one who was better in practice? How else do you expect someone to evaluate a player? Names in a hat?

We can do game film of their previous years, but I don't think we wanna go down that road.

Also, practice in training camp is where you can set up specific game situations. It isn't just "Hey, let's run some plays and throw the ball around a bit." If TT is preforming better in those simulated situations that's a big deciding factor.

The most important NFL stats say that EJ is better because of the passing TD totals which is the best barometer to judge an NFL QB.

Also, McCoy will have larger running lanes given EJ's deep passing abilities. With Tyrod you get eight in a box when the real games begin.

This might actually be a very valid point. EJ is the only QB that looks like he will force a defense to be honest. Problem is though; how is EJ nowadays when under pressure.

Ah ok I missed that. Good.

It is good, but still made me wonder for a bit as well. I didn't see a good replay until someone posted it on here. That being said, you still have all of the other times stuck in your memory, so I need to see a little more consistency when the real bullets start to fly to feel more secure in the fact that he has overcame it...

This might actually be a very valid point. EJ is the only QB that looks like he will force a defense to be honest. Problem is though; how is EJ nowadays when under pressure.

I think we saw that in the Browns game, hes throwin TD's

The most important NFL stats say that EJ is better because of the passing TD totals which is the best barometer to judge an NFL QB.

Also, McCoy will have larger running lanes given EJ's deep passing abilities. With Tyrod you get eight in a box when the real games begin.

Just stop.

With Tyrod you get 8 in the box? Seriously? But somehow when a team game plans for EJ, McCoy will have huge running lanes because he completed some passes in preseason?

Just stop.

With Tyrod you get 8 in the box? Seriously? But somehow when a team game plans for EJ, McCoy will have huge running lanes because he completed some passes in preseason?

All it takes is a couple completed passes like the throw to Gragg to force defenses to adjust.

I just feel like that drive we saw from Taylor yesterday is his ceiling. He's pretty much maxed out. And I can't get over his height.

It's amazing that you can see that in three preseason games.

Personally I think the Bills should hold out for a QB whose ceiling is being able to fly like Superman and shoot laser beams from his eyes like an X-man.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No I'm focusing on what was in front of me. None of the QBs has thrown a better ball than the one to Gragg in the 3rd Qtr.

It was a beautiful throw -and shows the kind of confidence and mettle that's been missing since he shook hands with Goodell at the Draft podium. That this type of pass exists in Manuel's repertoire, speaks volumes to being even further developed. He's still young enough and just starting his 3rd season, that more 'seasoning' under expert guidence COULD be our long term solution. He's come miles from his begining and slowly making a believer out of this fan.

But, IMO, the 4 full years learning makes this year Taylor's time to shine.

Just stop.

lol.

Some folks just love to get ahead of themselves.

Roman doesn't prefer Cassel. This is the smokescreen rumor that is throwing everyone off. They're just making the Colts work harder. Gamesmanship.

Roman can call the right plays for any of these QBs. He took a run-heavy offense with a read-option QB to the Super Bowl. He has no significant reservations about Tyrod.

We need to stop overthinking this.

I don't want it to be Cassel and I don't think it's gonna be Cassel but I can GUARANTEE you that if it is Cassel, it's because Roman preferred him.