Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Except that Kaep was forced on him by Harbaugh?

Roman's past of having Kaep be his starter means NOTHING. Mike Vick played for Rex, does that mean he loves mobile 34 year old QB's? Andy Reid drafted Foles, who can't run at all, when he had Vick. And now Reid has the mobile Smith.

Right? Why can't more people understand this. I also hate the "obviously Rex doesn't know anything about quarterbacks" narrative. Someone yesterday said, "well yeah but he really messed up the Sanchez thing." What does that even mean? Sanchez sucked. If Rex Ryan's GM drafted Aaron Rodgers, he would be considered a great QB master and if Mike McCarthy's GM drafted Mark Sanchez, we would be laughing at him for not knowing anything about QB's.

What throws? What reads? A throw to a TE? He completed a couple of those. An intermediate throw? He completed those as well.

Do I know if TT will play as well as he has in the preseason in the regular season? No but the same goes for EJ.

The gorgeous passes to Clay and Gragg. Watch those replays again. I haven't seen that from Tyrod yet. It would be nice if I saw a passing TD too.

You underestimate what ego and stubbornness can do. Look at Chip Kelly. Heck, look at Doug Marrone.

Roman is known for the being the opposite though. He is known for doing what players do well not trying to force his system or way on QBs the way Kelly and Marrone did. It's abundantly clear simply by the plays he calls for all three guys this preseason.

Roman is known for the being the opposite though. He is known for doing what players do well not trying to force his system or way on QBs the way Kelly and Marrone did. It's abundantly clear simply by the plays he calls for all three guys this preseason.

Perhaps, doesn't mean he can't have a favorite.

Dude it wasn't a report. It was a dude who told me directly and if I told you who it was and the circumstances surrounding it, you would apologize to me for questioning me. That being said, it was before the Cleveland game and for all I know Roman prefers Taylor now too.

Whatever was told to you is totally meaningless now given what has transpired in the last two games. Seriously.

Man this thread is ridiculous. Let all be honest here. After yesterdays game, we all slept way better because suddenly QB Purgatory is somewhere we might not stuck in.

I've been watching the games and highlights to the best of my ability and there is so much to take away from them. I know a lot of ppl here don't like EJ, and don't get me wrong i wasn't high on him and was hoping MC and TT would win the job. Watching the games though, EJ's progression as a player is absurdly obvious, almost unreal.I don't want to say that it's due to the new OC and play calling, but it certainly does seem to help (and not just for him but the entire offence). Something that has been pretty evident watching the games has been the improvement of our O-line. Perhaps that extra second is what our QBs needed to be effective.

At this point this is what I believe:

EJ is vastly improved and while I would say he did not truly get the fairest of shots at the starting gig, the man did everything in his power to not only remain in contention but also should be considered highly for the starting spot.His play this preseason has proven that he was a project QB that needed time and now 3 years later with time under his belt he is really coming into his own. That TD to Clay...... if I had seen that live I would have expected it to have fallen short or been greatly overthrown.

TT does really remind me of Vick, less polished, and a little less jittery in the pocket. What more could we ask for from a guy that was the back up for years suddenly given a shot at the starting job.

MC - Good lord is this man uninspiring. I could fall asleep watching him. It's like Orton and that was painful last season.

Please let them start Ej or TT for the season. I have a hard time picking between them, just please, please god let it not be MC.

It was a beautiful throw -and shows the kind of confidence and mettle that's been missing since he shook hands with Goodell at the Draft podium. That this type of pass exists in Manuel's repertoire, speaks volumes to being even further developed. He's still young enough and just starting his 3rd season, that more 'seasoning' under expert guidence COULD be our long term solution. He's come miles from his begining and slowly making a believer out of this fan.

But, IMO, the 4 full years learning makes this year Taylor's time to shine.

I'm sticking up for EJ, but it's what I want to see also. Give him another year to learn and work on his game. If he can improve as much this next year as the past year we Bills fans might actually have a real NFL QB.

PS It's nice to see some who didn't care for EJ, such as yourself, be able to put that aside as see there is real improvement in his game.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Except the BILLS aren't in the "long term" business. If a TD drive is TT's "ceiling", then the 4th down throw is EJ's "standard".

I have seen this analysis far too often with regard to EJ. The instances of EJ's inaccuracy are greatly exaggerated. This particular pass was a TIPPED BALL! Just because Steve Tasker didn't see it does not mean that it wasn't.

Could be. But it would also lead me to believe that if Cassel is named the starter (I'm saying it's Taylor, done deal) that it was in fact Roman's call.

Too much politics for it to be Roman's call.

He's an OC. Rex wants Tyrod. Whaley probably wants EJ. Russ Brandon wants Tyrod or EJ for marketing. How is Roman going to win this battle. Get out of here.

So, if I'm understanding this thread correctly.... EJ isn't good, because this is just pre-season. Tyrod, is good, though, because he's done some good things this pre-season. Cassel sucks, but Roman wants him to start.

It's actually both. EJ is good and can make all the throws because of preseason and TT can't make all the throws because of preseason. But then EJ isn't good because it's preseason and TT is good because it's preseason.

I am thinking start EJ and use Taylor for 10-15 plays a game. Depending on how each plays the mix changes and if EJ really struggles you go to Taylor. Keep Cassel as insurance the team has too much talent to have Simms as disaster QB. The key is that both EJ and TT are getting better every week which means that they are getting excellent coaching and both have upside potential. As fans that should be exciting for us.

Too much politics for it to be Roman's call.

He's an OC. Rex wants Tyrod. Whaley probably wants EJ. Russ Brandon wants Tyrod or EJ for marketing. How is Roman going to win this battle. Get out of here.

Dude you gotta chill man. You are presuming all these things that you have no idea about. Russ Brandon? All I said is that if it's Cassel, which again, it won't be, then we can deduce, or at least I will, that it was Roman's call.

Tyrod has thrown a total of 35 passes in his entire NFL CAREER. That's all Tyrod has under his belt is PRESEASON. So stop with the PRESEASON it's doing nothing for your side of the conversation.

Huh? You might need to read the series of post I was responding to.

It's actually both. EJ is good and can make all the throws because of preseason and TT can't make all the throws because of preseason. But then EJ isn't good because it's preseason and TT is good because it's preseason.

So you're admitting that you're wrong if we're wrong?