Report: DM and Doug Whaley clashed following 2014 season

pbanach

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The organaztion and efficiency of this team in preseason--especially with so many starters not playing--has been really impressive to me. These games may be meaningless but the quality of the Bills play has been a refreshing change from anything in recent (or even glory days) memory.

A great deal of that has to be a function of the coaching staff, IMO...

That's exactly what I thought. For so many years, despite being preseason games, I'd be excited to see how the team looks and they'd come out looking flat, unprepared, unorganized, undisciplined and play horrible.

It's refreshing to see them play the way they did yesterday. They look like they're ready for the regular season.

http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2015-08-29/story/doug-marrone-focused-being-jaguars-line-coach-not-whirlwind#article=67963FF40EEDFDAE8347D14C07CC742B5685

What was reported: Marrone clashed with general manager Doug Whaley and he asked new owner Terry Pegula to extend his contract and those of his assistants (Pegula declined).

Maroon clashed before the season as well with the "why don't you fire me know" tantrum.

The organaztion and efficiency of this team in preseason--especially with so many starters not playing--has been really impressive to me. These games may be meaningless but the quality of the Bills play has been a refreshing change from anything in recent (or even glory days) memory.

A great deal of that has to be a function of the coaching staff, IMO...

A good coaching staff is critical but they won't succeed without talented personnel. Thank you Doug and Terry.

Not so fast......his successor hasn't won a game. Ryan talks a good game, if you like that sort of thing (I don't), but he hasn't delivered anything yet but good theater.

I may be mistaken, but I recall Rex Ryan winning a super bowl ring with Baltimore and guiding the New York Jetairplanes to consecutive AFC title games. Doesn't that count as delivering?

I may be mistaken, but I recall Rex Ryan winning a super bowl ring with Baltimore and guiding the New York Jetairplanes to consecutive AFC title games. Doesn't that count as delivering?

Rex didn't win a SB ring with the Ravens. That was Marvin Lewis and then Dean Pees.

I think Doug Marrone thought he made himself a hot coaching commodity with that 9th win. That and the $4m opt out made him think he had enough leverage to gain more power from Doug Whaley. He thought he had a strong hand but Terry Pegula didn't fold, i.e. give him everything he wanted.

Has he delivered here? I'm glad Roman did well in SF, but no results here yet.

Marone wanted long term job security because of the new ownership and they failed to give it to him. So Marrone jumped ship before they got rid of him. Maybe in part because he didn't like Whaley but it's odd because to me Rex's finger prints seem to be all over this team and think Whaley's done a great job bringing in guys that fit Roman's system too so not sure that he isn't a bad GM or maybe he just didn't believe in Marrone's system and/or the Pegulas warned Whaley if he didn't work with Rex he was out the door too.