EJ - Trade Bait?

Virgil

Dosent make sense, why trade a first found draft pick QB, begining his third year, on a team starved for good quarterbacking. What are they goona get? A linebacker? Reciever? Or tackle? Or a draft pick?

Cant imagine this is Whaleys idea. If this was to go through, you might as well make Rex GM and coach.

And why the hell is a top notch reporter like Vic Carrucci going out on a limb with a story like this. Especially with Rex toying with the media the way he has seems to be doing.

Edited by mastershake

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci believes there's been "nothing at camp that indicates" E.J. Manuel is a serious contender for the Bills' starting job.

Really? I mean, he hasn't been stellar, but...nothing? I think he's had a few pretty good days.

Really? I mean, he hasn't been stellar, but...nothing? I think he's had a few pretty good days.

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso

Each #Bills QB had bad misses/off days. When I was at camp, EJ was most accurate/decisive 3/4 days. Showed most advanced QB'ing in preseason

Def other #Bills media guys I respect who had different opinions than me on QBs this summer. Some had similar thoughts. All good either way.

I'm certainly still sticking to my opinion...it just doesn't bother me if others have different opinions than I do

Each #Bills QB had bad misses/off days. When I was at camp, EJ was most accurate/decisive 3/4 days. Showed most advanced QB'ing in preseason

Def other #Bills media guys I respect who had different opinions than me on QBs this summer. Some had similar thoughts. All good either way.

I'm certainly still sticking to my opinion...it just doesn't bother me if others have different opinions than I do

We have finally found the first guy that's reported on the Bills who's not a hack!

Edited by metzelaars_lives

This would not surprise me one bit if there is any truth to it.As far as I know Rex never gave Spiller any ringing endorsement when he got here, annoucing that we were going to be a ground-n-pound offense. So much for the Clemson connection! Rex said that he was going to keep 3 QBs but he didn't which ones.

It's plausible. If the team wants to part ways with EJ, then generating trade interest is the way to go due to his guaranteed contract. During the time the Bills and Browns were both after McCown I heard (from Browns sources) that the new Bills coaching staff was not at all happy with their QB corps from top to bottom. EJ would be all that's left of that now. Notably, Carrucci covered the Browns until recently.

The day I was at camp EJ looked the best. But I understand that might not have been the case every day. I think the staff keeps all three. How do we know who will continue to improve in the new system and end up the best QB? It's nice that I am going into the season not worrying about a QB injury because we have three viable options. Don't give that up! It's a good problem to have that no one has run away with the competition because I see it as all three have looked pretty good as opposed to horrible. You aren't going to get a high enough pick to take an option off the table. We are all in this year and more than 1 QB can go down in a season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8331/ej-manuel

Interesting idea if true and it wouldn't be the first time a team has done this.

I'd just still be shocked considering how little he makes. I don't see the harm in keeping him, even if it is at 3rd string.

At least if we trade him we can finally stop talking about him which would be almost as good as what we get for him.

Guys look at the free agent market right now for QBs. It's awful. The fact we have 3 guys that could win a game for us is a good thing

A 5th round pick does nothing for this team. A guy not named Jeff Tuel as our third QB is a very good problem to have

+1. This is what we would call depth.

Dosent make sense, why trade a first found draft pick QB, begining his third year, on a team starved for good quarterbacking. What are they goona get? A linebacker? Reciever? Or tackle? Or a draft pick?

Cant imagine this is Whaleys idea. If this was to go through, you might as well make Rex GM and coach.

And why the hell is a top notch reporter like Vic Carrucci going out on a limb with a story like this. Especially with Rex toying with the media the way he has seems to be doing.

Here's one reason: he's the only one with any trade value. Maybe the EJ haters should consider that when they say the other guys are better