Peyton available?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just me, but I want to see the next franchise guy on this team. I'm sick and tired of the retreads. Would Peyton Manning give the Bills a chance at a deep run in the playoffs? Sure he would. Is there a guarantee that it gets us to the Superbowl? Of course not. Manning has had extremely talented teams in the past with Denver and Indy and wasn't a lock for the Superbowl. Give me the next Jim Kelly instead. If that's Tyrod, then so be it. If it's EJ, so be it. If it's someone else, then I hope the Bills get out there and draft them.

as far as who might be available to us.... if its not EJ and not Tyrod, peyton could be more fun than a matt cassell as a 1 year bridge to a guy thats likely a project QB (any qb outside the top 3-5 picks usually benefits from some time).

not that i think its happening, even if he is productive this year. i think PM is going to hang them up after this one.

Edited by NoSaint

Maybe it's just me, but I want to see the next franchise guy on this team. I'm sick and tired of the retreads. Would Peyton Manning give the Bills a chance at a deep run in the playoffs? Sure he would. Is there a guarantee that it gets us to the Superbowl? Of course not. Manning has had extremely talented teams in the past with Denver and Indy and wasn't a lock for the Superbowl. Give me the next Jim Kelly instead. If that's Tyrod, then so be it. If it's EJ, so be it. If it's someone else, then I hope the Bills get out there and draft them.

This entire scenario is highly unlikely, but you just made a statement that is the biggest argument against your case. You said Manning would give us a chance at a deep run in the playoffs, isn't that what we all want ? I understand that in a perfect world we'd be set at the QB position in the long term. However, there is no such thing as a sure fire long term solution at QB anyways. Andrew Luck was as close to that in the draft as we have seen in a long time, and likely will for some time. If anyone is so certain that he would give us a chance at a deep playoff run for just one year, who wouldn't take that? I think the real argument against him would be if he has enough left in the tank to really play at that level. We shall all find out this year.

Peyton Manning could throw for 6,000 YDS and 65TD and if the Broncos didn't win the Super Bowl he would be a loser in most football fans' eyes.

It's incredible.

Aaron Rogers is just called the "best QB in football" as if it's undeniable yet he has 1 ring and just 1 SB visit.

Manning has a ring, all the records, and has taken 2 different teams with 3 different head coaches to the big game.

Peyton Manning could throw for 6,000 YDS and 65TD and if the Broncos didn't win the Super Bowl he would be a loser in most football fans' eyes.

It's incredible.

It is his propensity to have a total meltdown at the big moments in the post-season that encourages that. I would have liked him to win one more but I think that chance has now passed. I don't see the Broncos as a possible Superbowl team this year.

I have sad, painful memories of Franken-Bledsoe at the end.

No thank you, great player who is on a quick decline. This will be his last season I think. Not sure he even finishes it out.

Meanwhile Tom Brady is the same age, played just as long, and plays like a 26 year old. Curious.

Things do get worse, but a declining Manning is still a far better QB than a declining Bledsoe. Manning has farther to fall from the top than Bledsoe ever did. Manning is not JAG, Bledsoe was at many times during his career. People forget that it's not historically unheard of for older QBs to play well. Warren Moon had a pretty good late career. I guess my only point is that I'd take him. He might not be what he used to be, but I just have a hard time believing it'd be a totally disaster.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Things do get worse, but a declining Manning is still a far better QB than a declining Bledsoe. Manning has farther to fall from the top than Bledsoe ever did. Manning is not JAG, Bledsoe was at many times during his career. People forget that it's not historically unheard of for older QBs to play well. Warren Moon had a pretty good late career. I guess my only point is that I'd take him. He might not be what he used to be, but I just have a hard time believing it'd be a totally disaster.

Shouldn't we wait and see the season play out first? The question isn't whether you would take him now but whether you would take him in a year's time.

This entire scenario is highly unlikely, but you just made a statement that is the biggest argument against your case. You said Manning would give us a chance at a deep run in the playoffs, isn't that what we all want ? I understand that in a perfect world we'd be set at the QB position in the long term. However, there is no such thing as a sure fire long term solution at QB anyways. Andrew Luck was as close to that in the draft as we have seen in a long time, and likely will for some time. If anyone is so certain that he would give us a chance at a deep playoff run for just one year, who wouldn't take that? I think the real argument against him would be if he has enough left in the tank to really play at that level. We shall all find out this year.

No. I want a team that's sustainable over the longer term. Would the Patriots gladly trade one deep run at the playoffs for the success that they've experienced over the last decade? Of course not. Remember when Kansas City tried this with Joe Montana in the 1990's? It didn't work. Most of the time, the teams that stay great have a good starting roster and a quarterback that gels with the team. A one and done solves nothing except possibly having to rebuild the team all over again.

I have sad, painful memories of Franken-Bledsoe at the end.

Meanwhile Tom Brady is the same age, played just as long, and plays like a 26 year old. Curious.

Oh come on, now Tommie is on HGH or some other performance enhancing drug?? Please, he has been fortunate while Peyton has taken a few bad hits and it has hurt him.