Most under/over rated Buffalo Bill on the roster right now?

Wow. Talk about 0-for-4. Hogan is overrated if anything. Robey is now "appropriately" rated. How can you overrate a 7th round RT in his second season? McKelvin has done nothing but steadily improve since Donnie Henderson arrived, and nobody's calling him an All-Pro.

I'm listening, does that take Seantrel out of the running?

On the first play of the Cleveland game he tries to get to the second level and falls down, allowing his LB to help make the tackle.

Later on the drive around midfield he has help from Miller in pass pro, with Miller also keeping an eye on Wood, and Henderson lets his man beat him inside too quickly for Miller to keep the DL out of the backfield. Henderson tries to stop him with his hands but can't be bothered to move his feet.

[Off topic, this play is also a learning point for Taylor, because Miller comes with late help and gives Taylor the option of sidestepping left and buying time for days in the pocket, but takes off too quick to the right sideline for 2-3 yards. Subtle movements in the pocket that easily buy a ton of time are something Manning and Brady* do without thinking, and I expect will come with experience for Taylor because he has the pocket awareness. He senses the rush without breaking focus on the receivers, and is training himself to buy pocket time rather than scrambling.]

On Henderson, I have only anecdotes from watching him the first couple drives of that game but something I don't like in an athlete is a lack of fire and hunger, and I've seen that going back to his rookie year. At this level you gotta play like your ass is on fire because it always is. I think of Rex as a strong motivator and still see what I see in Henderson. It's more important to appear as if he's doing his job than it is to finish plays. I love our offseason and graded it an A but I think Whaley should've at very least added a backup that could push Henderson.

Edited by Aaron

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overrated......McCoy. People are expecting huge things from him. I've said it before, at this stage on his odometer the eyes are writing checks the feet can't cash.

Eric Wood is a bad player that some people think is good....he'd have been my pick for overrated each of the last two seasons........but on the basis of hype I gotta' go McCoy.

At this point the underrated is tougher.

There are high expectations for most of the players projected to the 53 and some of the candidates for underrated....like Powell and Wynn......have been hurt.

I think I will agree with Rico, it's probably Corey Graham. He's a veteran playmaker but he gets little respect from fans.

Not trying to hijack the thread but how can the most overrated be anyone but Wood? I believe that he is the highest paid OL and at this point is probably the worst of the 5. He has been a bad player for the last 2 years yet we still view him as a good OL. Maybe it is because of the injuries but he cant anchor anymore and the interior of the OL last year was atrocious. Everyone blames the guards but somehow absolves Wood? He was a part of the problem not a part of the solution.

I think if you review this thread you will see that this is patently not the case. He is on every other "overrated" list posted. I do think he's the best center the Bills have by a wide margin.

Overrated: Wood immediately came to mind. It you guys see him get blown up and pushed back 4 yards on the first offensive play of the Cleveland game? It almost destroyed the play.

Underrated: It has to be one of these guys.

O: Robert Woods

D: Kyle Williams - He has never had the national hype and attention of Mario; and Hughes and Dareus are also getting attention with their contracts coming up, but Kyle has been a monster for us, and id the leader of the D-Line.

ST: Easley easily; and perhaps he is the most underrated on the whole team. I was hesitant to list a ST player here, but I don't think most people, including many fans on this board even, appreciate how good he has been for us. If we had another #81 closing from the left, I think we would likely have one of the best punt coverage teams of all time.

Edited by Matt in KC

Under: A. Williams. Woods. Gilmore. Graham.

Over: K. Williams. Wood. Bradham. FJ.

I would love to see FJ prove me wrong.

Wood has chance to be come back player of the year in new system.

who is over rating Fred? Or do you think he is nowhere close to a #2 / situational back?