Shady helped off field with leg injury

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when are the dopes who run this sport going to shorten the preseason/camp part of the season so players can get some relief from all these unnecessary injuries. The entire training camp/preseason should be three weeks tops. it's so ridiculous...these guys are training like crazy all year round anyway...they're plenty fit , and all we're doing is mowing guys down.

is the piddling amount of money they make on preseason games worth more than all the destruction to the talent? we couldn't cut it to two preseason games and have a better product?

when are the dopes who run this sport going to shorten the preseason/camp part of the season so players can get some relief from all these unnecessary injuries. The entire training camp/preseason should be three weeks tops. it's so ridiculous...these guys are training like crazy all year round anyway...they're plenty fit , and all we're doing is mowing guys down.

is the piddling amount of money they make on preseason games worth more than all the destruction to the talent? we couldn't cut it to two preseason games and have a better product?

The NFL cares about one thing and one thing only, money. The longer preseason the more preseason games they can sell games to etc.

I disagree. With CBA limitations on offseason OTAs, minicamps, and practices, preseason is more important than ever to build chemistry and evaluate rosters.

If you want to evaluate any depth and give guys like Fred Jackson a chance to be an nfl player you need some time

Please go the Marv Levy route for training camps. These competitive practices are stupid. If anything, you want LESS intensity to keep your key guys whole. It's a long ass season and NOTHING is ever won in the preseason. I hate that there are 3 more exhibition games left. Ugh. Season can't get here soon enough

Get the feeling the starting QB may be decided by an injury? Keep them away from mats!

Remind me which starters you anticipate missing September due to injury?

None yet. We are all of 25% through the preseason process though. Talk to me again in 3 weeks. It would be quite a different looking team if Harvin's hip, McCoy's hammy, Fred's Hammy, Sammy's glute, Woods's tight leg etc don't heal as they hope they do. They've already said Harvin is not coming back as they had hoped. I just hope they don't push any of them to return too soon. Hammy injuries linger (as do groin pulls etc).

We have lost 2 quality backup players for the year. Powell would have seen the field it looked like and was a very good ST player and Wynn played a lot in substituion packages. Quality experienced guys.

Edited by norton20

Fred said he's ready to come back but they are holding him out to be cautious. If he had to play he could. At this point I would rather we cancel the preseason and just get to the regular season. They don't have a preseason in college so it's unnecessary. Just schedule us vs the Jags week 1 as a warm up kind of like how Ohio State schedules UB