Shady helped off field with leg injury

I disagree. With CBA limitations on offseason OTAs, minicamps, and practices, preseason is more important than ever to build chemistry and evaluate rosters.

you would!

Seriously, as long as it is a level playing field, what difference does it make? You don't think the players would welcome an extra 2 weeks of OTAs if they could cut that much off preseason?

We are talking about taking 2-3 weeks worth of collisions out of a sport where the number of collisions is positively correllated with brain damage, chronic orthopedic difficulties and early death. So tell me again, why do we need 6 weeks of preseason?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good eye....

I don't want to drive you back to your Chicken Little avatar, but they said not torn away from the bone. The MRI will determine if there is some degree of tear, right?

lol, no I'm done with that avatar for awhile. I was just going by what they said about the MRI determining whether it was a strain or a pull.

@JosinaAnderson: #Bills source on RB LeSean McCoy in t/ last hour: Hes in route to Buffalo. Hope its just a strain, but it didnt look good on the field."

@JosinaAnderson: Another source told me McCoy felt hammy get tight." Also added it feels a bit better from when it 1st happened. Emphasized L.M. not a doc.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I honestly don't care and this is why I wasn't that excited about the trade. If the scheme is good, the blocking is good, the rb is less relevant. Don't get me wrong, Shady is a great player, but there's a reason that the position has lost it's value in the league.

It's a hamstring....he didnt tear his ACL....the season hasnt even started..if we had to go the first couple of weeks of the regular season with FJ and Brown we'll be fine. Isnt that the point of being deep at RB? Let the new rbs be the practice/preseason meat backs. Chill........ we got this.

I disagree. With CBA limitations on offseason OTAs, minicamps, and practices, preseason is more important than ever to build chemistry and evaluate rosters.

Absolutely. Players can not tackle well anymore due to restrictions pushed by NFLPA and they make it harder to punish those who are breaking safety rules.

Too bad Rusty Jones retired in 2013 but maybe, just maybe, Rex could convince him to do some consulting from home with all the new internet biomonitoring equipment and such. Rusty was a big reason Bills had so few injuries to starters. In Jones' last five years there, the Bills had an average ranking of fifth and ranking went far south after he was "promoted" out.

In Jones' last five years there, the Bills had an average ranking of fifth.
Article on Rusty's retirement.
I'd like to see a change from a player leading the charge; get some karma back and let Rusty lead the charge!
Edited by Koolaid

serious or not, it just points to what a dumb &@%#ing trade and re-contract this was. We shouldnt have parted with a talented, young, versatile LB, and RBs are both replaceable and vulnerable to injury and burn out. Invest in the Oline, including depth, to both pass and run block, plug n play running back by committee is the way to go

yeah, dumb trade. Kiko has been 100% healthy this offseason with no injuries while Mccoy is just another scrub that you can find on any street corner...... Edited by apuszczalowski

Worst union in sports. Only a bunch of morons let their stars on the same field with 30 other guys that will be bagging groceries in 10 days. Ferraris on the same track as Buicks. Makes no sense. No guaranteed contracts.

Bruce Smith did it the right way. So did Walter Jones.

There are 4, 5, maybe 6 spots up for grabs. It is not worth it.

Where is the two a days toughen you up crowd??

serious or not, it just points to what a dumb &@%#ing trade and re-contract this was. We shouldnt have parted with a talented, young, versatile LB, and RBs are both replaceable and vulnerable to injury and burn out. Invest in the Oline, including depth, to both pass and run block, plug n play running back by committee is the way to go

You're an idiot (sorry DC Tom).

I honestly don't care and this is why I wasn't that excited about the trade. If the scheme is good, the blocking is good, the rb is less relevant. Don't get me wrong, Shady is a great player, but there's a reason that the position has lost it's value in the league.

So the Cowboys are better off with McFadden than Murray?

Basically, we're hoping this is a grade 1 or 2 strain. It sounds like a 2 based upon the immediate onset of pain, but thankfully I haven't seen any reports of that "pop" you hear about that means grade 3.

I read something that suggests today is a big day in determining length of recovery. If Shady is able to walk without pain, we're looking at about 3 weeks. If not, then it's going to be longer.

you would!

Seriously, as long as it is a level playing field, what difference does it make? You don't think the players would welcome an extra 2 weeks of OTAs if they could cut that much off preseason?

We are talking about taking 2-3 weeks worth of collisions out of a sport where the number of collisions is positively correllated with brain damage, chronic orthopedic difficulties and early death. So tell me again, why do we need 6 weeks of preseason?

The reasons were already spelled out. Much of training camp is mandated as non contact with plenty of off days. There are no more full hitting two-a-days for example. So your point on 2-3 weeks of collisions isn't valid. You don't have to agree, but with the current CBA it is what it is whether you like it or not. C'est La Vie.

Holy crap, we are basically out of running backs. The top 5 guys are now all out of training camp. Williams is gone 3-4 weeks, Jackson and McKoy both have hamstring injury so you can't rush either of them back. OK, guess it's run and shoot time!

I'm just glad this wasn't an ACL. Even if it's a relatively severe hammy, maybe we lose Shady for the first couple of weeks. Not ideal, but not devastating.

If Fred, Boobie, and Bryce are ready by W1 we'll have something to work with. Let Karlos and Shady get 100%.

Holy crap, we are basically out of running backs. The top 5 guys are now all out of training camp. Williams is gone 3-4 weeks, Jackson and McKoy both have hamstring injury so you can't rush either of them back. OK, guess it's run and shoot time!

Fred is days away from returning...said yesterday he's just "waiting for clearance."

McCoy hurt? You don't say? :rolleyes:

Congrats guys. Funny stuff

I'm just glad this wasn't an ACL. Even if it's a relatively severe hammy, maybe we lose Shady for the first couple of weeks. Not ideal, but not devastating.

If Fred, Boobie, and Bryce are ready by W1 we'll have something to work with. Let Karlos and Shady get 100%.

Fred is days away from returning...said yesterday he's just "waiting for clearance."

But do they dare risk anything withe Fred?

Not that there is a best time, but this is the best time for something like this to happen. If it happened in season he might be rushed back or try to come back too soon. This allows him to, hopefully, fully heal so it isn't nagging him all season.

The reasons were already spelled out. Much of training camp is mandated as non contact with plenty of off days. There are no more full hitting two-a-days for example. So your point on 2-3 weeks of collisions isn't valid. You don't have to agree, but with the current CBA it is what it is whether you like it or not. C'est La Vie.

Not valid? if camp had been done after 2 preseason games we'd not be doing this!