A Tough NFL Player & Great Father !

T master

In football we often bring back the old to appreciate what was , such as the throw back Uni's to commemorate a another time or to remember a special era or time much less politically correct than today .

As all aspects of time change it is refreshing to have a NFL father to go against the grain of the political correctness of today to put on the preverbal "throw back Uni's" when it comes to parenting .

To remember a time when being politically correct as a parent was the furthest thing from a fathers mind , & the only thing was teaching his children to be grown ups & not to expect something for nothing , but only to truly teach his children something !!

Cudo's to you James H . One tough NFL football player & a even better Dad !! IMHO :thumbsup: !!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25271213/look-james-harrison-says-he-will-return-his-sons-participation-trophies

It depends how old are his kids? I hate the whole trophy for participating thing, but hard to explain to a 5 or 6 year old boy. When my boys were that age and playing flag football, all the kids received a trophy at the end of the year. What i hated is the league wanted us not keep score, etc. of course everyone did, and the coaches ( myself include) would scout other teams, recruit, and so on.

I don't really need parenting advice from a guy arrested for domestic violence

+1. Guy's a loser, no matter how may millions he made, how "badazz" he purports to be, or how many games and championships you win.

I will agree though that trophies for participation is lame and we're creating a culture of narcissism and low standards.

He could of just told his kids those weren't real trophies.

Instead, he made a very public point of telling everyone how big of wusses they are for not taking away their kids trophies. I'm surprised he left out the part about loud music and walking 5 miles each day to work in the mines.

Has he told his kids not to cheat? What about head-hunting?

He could of just told his kids those weren't real trophies.

Instead, he made a very public point of telling everyone how big of wusses they are for not taking away their kids trophies. I'm surprised he left out the part about loud music and walking 5 miles each day to work in the mines.

Has he told his kids not to cheat? What about head-hunting?

agree. Why the need to tweet about it like that? My son got a trophy for being on a flag football team when he was 5. He still has it. I told him he got it for being on the team. He knows he didn't win anything. He just likes the trophy. What is the big deal here...

They don't give out participation trophies here past that age.They get a water bottle or whatever but no trophy unless they win.

Back in the day you had to be good or on a good team to earn a trophy. Guys with trophies were generally the best athletes. This everyone gets a trophy and not keeping score, there are no winners or loses crap is all non-sense. This country is quickly becoming so soft, good for Harrison, I would do the same.