Bills training camp practice 8/12

those tweets you posted are not from last night. The report of EJ running the 3rd team offense vs the 1st team defense at times was from last night.

No, look through the board. People have been saying that as a reason to justify his poor performance all through camp, and it's just not accurate. Just as saying it was him with 3's against 1's all last night is inaccurate.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My only point was everyone that is an EJ supporter is saying his only chance is with the 3's and they are going against the 1 defense. That is completely incorrect and everyone is mixing and matching. The other point is that Cassel and Taylor are playing a lot better in the 1 and 2 against the 1 defense and EJ is throwing INT's, fumbling or hitting tents with the 3's against the 3's.

All i ever said was that EJ playing with the 3's against the 1's will make him a better QB...

And from my understanding, EJ isnt the only one throwing INTs or Fumbling to Non Starters....but hey....thats what Preseason games are for...

Yes, I am an EJ supporter...i see the upside in him after the past 15 years of mediocre to horrendous QBing, why even allow another average QB with no upside (Cassell) to even SNIFF Eric Wood's Jock Strap!!!

This should have been strictly a TT and EJ fire fight!!!!

But like everything else, this is IMO.

As negative as Joe B may be on the anti-EJ train, Chris Trapasso is such an EJ homer its just as bad. He honestly tries to justify the throw into the tent like it was completely normal.

I thought he tried to remain as neutral on it as possible...at least gave a good full picture so others could make their own assumptions of the play.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 16h16 hours ago

EJ w/ the 3s. Throws ball deep down sideline to Palmer. Never looked back. Seemed to be a little behind. Then hits Davis in stride on slant.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 3h3 hours ago

Re: EJ "throw into tent" tweets - from what I saw, ball (thrown down sideline) was behind shoulder of WR who never looked back for ball...

Chris Trapasso retweeted Jared K Mueller

My tweet of that play from last night. Shows how diff people can see same thing differently: https://twitter.com/christrapasso/status/631608864450985984

...because throw came from middle of field, it obv fell incomplete out of bounds, *near* the tent, which is about 5 yds out of bounds.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 2h2 hours ago

It wasnt accurate throw. Yd behind WR who never looked back. On that side, any incompletion down sideline will end up near tent @kc_barnett

No, look through the board. People have been saying that as a reason to justify his poor performance all through camp, and it's just not accurate. Just as saying it was him with 3's against 1's all last night is inaccurate.

Not that I've seen. I think people (in general) have been pointing out which O-set and D-set is on the field for each of the mentioned plays as a barometer, and have been consistent in doing it for each QB.

Though feel free to show me differently if you believe that's the case...I honestly didn't see a slant in any direction regarding EJ (or any other QB for that matter--except maybe BuffaloHokie cheering on his boy Taylor ;) )

All i ever said was that EJ playing with the 3's against the 1's will make him a better QB...

And from my understanding, EJ isnt the only one throwing INTs or Fumbling to Non Starters....but hey....thats what Preseason games are for...

Yes, I am an EJ supporter...i see the upside in him after the past 15 years of mediocre to horrendous QBing, why even allow another average QB with no upside (Cassell) to even SNIFF Eric Wood's Jock Strap!!!

I thought he tried to remain as neutral on it as possible...at least gave a good full picture so others could make their own assumptions of the play.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 16h16 hours ago

EJ w/ the 3s. Throws ball deep down sideline to Palmer. Never looked back. Seemed to be a little behind. Then hits Davis in stride on slant.

Re: EJ "throw into tent" tweets - from what I saw, ball (thrown down sideline) was behind shoulder of WR who never looked back for ball...

Chris Trapasso retweeted Jared K Mueller

My tweet of that play from last night. Shows how diff people can see same thing differently: https://twitter.com/christrapasso/status/631608864450985984

...because throw came from middle of field, it obv fell incomplete out of bounds, *near* the tent, which is about 5 yds out of bounds.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 2h2 hours ago

It wasnt accurate throw. Yd behind WR who never looked back. On that side, any incompletion down sideline will end up near tent @kc_barnett

To me it seems hes taking almost all of the blame off of EJ and consistently blaming the receivers. 5 yards out of bounds is a lot for a throw that was justbehind a receiver. Ive just seen his stuff before and didnt like it. Its pretty telling to me when every single other reporter is saying how bad of a throw that specific one was and he comes out with "just a little behind, receiver should have looked...". But believe what you want.

Don't disagree that it should be one of the younger guys. Taylor seems to be making the best of it.

Yeah, it's my hope that he can, and all his running in camp is just because our d-line is a complete mismatch for our o-line. Looked it up btw, Tyrod: 6'1" 215lbs Russell: 5'11" 206lbs.

Tyrod is a gym rat and is an absolute beast too. As BTO would say in the 70's: Not Fragile. More like a Strong Safety.That 215 (I think he said he wanted to add some, too) is solid.

Check this Pic: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Tyrod-Taylor-Trains-With-Colin-Kaepernick/b6d872db-c54a-47f2-8b94-6cd32824ff9d

Tyrod is second from the right.

pffffft......if i had a body like his and slightly darker skin, i would look just like him

Tyrod is a gym rat and is an absolute beast too. As BTO would say in the 70's: Not Fragile. More like a Strong Safety.That 215 (I think he said he wanted to add some, too) is solid.

Check this Pic: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Tyrod-Taylor-Trains-With-Colin-Kaepernick/b6d872db-c54a-47f2-8b94-6cd32824ff9d

Tyrod is second from the right.

To me it seems hes taking almost all of the blame off of EJ and consistently blaming the receivers. 5 yards out of bounds is a lot for a throw that was justbehind a receiver. Ive just seen his stuff before and didnt like it. Its pretty telling to me when every single other reporter is saying how bad of a throw that specific one was and he comes out with "just a little behind, receiver should have looked...". But believe what you want.

I was there last night, and had this guy looked back, he could have certainly made a play on the ball. The fact that the receiver NEVER looked for the ball made it look like it was poorly thrown. It was not. I don't know if it was perfect, but it looked like it was intended as a back shoulder throw and the receiver simply never looked back, and was sort of juking around with the DB.

EJ split reps with Simms with the threes the whole night. He has been practicing with lesser receivers who are not only not doing him any favors, they've at times made him look bad. Another throw during the 2 minute drill (I think) was perfectly thrown with loft and touch, under intense pressure from the ones D-line) and came down right through the arms of the receiver. It happened about 30 yards from me. How that guy didn't catch the ball, I have no idea, but it was pathetic.

And yes EJ was playing threes AGAINST ones for virtually the whole night. He was sacked several times because that third string O-line didn't have a prayer of keeping Williams, Darius and Butler off him for even a two count. It was pathetic. And yet, EJ managed to stand in the pocket and deliver some decent throws in spite of that pressure. But of course, Joe B's stat line no doubt simply said, "EJ took 4 sacks or whatever."

And finally, the saddest and funniest thing at the same time is that Cassel looked just OK when the ones played against the threes, which was most of the night, and when they finally matched the ones with the ones, it was an unmitigated disaster! He rushed every throw, even when he didn't need to, and I don't think he completed a single pass against the ones. If he did, it was one really short one.

Tyrod played with the twos against the twos pretty much all night. He was good sometimes, and not so good at times. But he still pulls it down and runs far to soon and often. He still overthrows far too many of his long balls in 11 on 11 when he is facing a pass rush.

I suspect EJ will get his shot to start in the second preseason game. I will be shocked if Cassel gets anything done against the ones against the Panthers, unless the ground game is really working.

Maybe he needs glasses, like Charlie Sheen in Major League?

That was soooo misrepresentative. He threw a back shoulder throw that was up high so the receiver could come back on the ball. Because the receiver NEVER looked back, and was juking the DB it LOOKED like it was a bad throw. And if it got to the tent, it was because he had good mustard on it and it bounded into it. Such crap.

Now that I had a chance to see practice for myself, I can really see how these buttholes are misrepresenting things.

I was there last night, and had this guy looked back, he could have certainly made a play on the ball. The fact that the receiver NEVER looked for the ball made it look like it was poorly thrown. It was not. I don't know if it was perfect, but it looked like it was intended as a back shoulder throw and the receiver simply never looked back, and was sort of juking around with the DB.

EJ split reps with Simms with the threes the whole night. He has been practicing with lesser receivers who are not only not doing him any favors, they've at times made him look bad. Another throw during the 2 minute drill (I think) was perfectly thrown with loft and touch, under intense pressure from the ones D-line) and came down right through the arms of the receiver. It happened about 30 yards from me. How that guy didn't catch the ball, I have no idea, but it was pathetic.

And yes EJ was playing threes AGAINST ones for virtually the whole night. He was sacked several times because that third string O-line didn't have a prayer of keeping Williams, Darius and Butler off him for even a two count. It was pathetic. And yet, EJ managed to stand in the pocket and deliver some decent throws in spite of that pressure. But of course, Joe B's stat line no doubt simply said, "EJ took 4 sacks or whatever."

And finally, the saddest and funniest thing at the same time is that Cassel looked just OK when the ones played against the threes, which was most of the night, and when they finally matched the ones with the ones, it was an unmitigated disaster! He rushed every throw, even when he didn't need to, and I don't think he completed a single pass against the ones. If he did, it was one really short one.

Tyrod played with the twos against the twos pretty much all night. He was good sometimes, and not so good at times. But he still pulls it down and runs far to soon and often. He still overthrows far too many of his long balls in 11 on 11 when he is facing a pass rush.

I suspect EJ will get his shot to start in the second preseason game. I will be shocked if Cassel gets anything done against the ones against the Panthers, unless the ground game is really working.

That was soooo misrepresentative. He threw a back shoulder throw that was up high so the receiver could come back on the ball. Because the receiver NEVER looked back, and was juking the DB it LOOKED like it was a bad throw. And if it got to the tent, it was because he had good mustard on it and it bounded into it. Such crap.

Now that I had a chance to see practice for myself, I can really see how these buttholes are misrepresenting things.

Thank you for posting your own eyewitness observations.

Thank you for posting your own eyewitness observations.

No problem! BTW, I thought all of the QBs threw well against air, and they all have pretty good arms, except Cassel's long balls do not have the zip on them that the other three guys do.

They all threw pretty well 7 on 7 as well. But it's a whole nother ball game in 11 on 11.

I see Cassel as being a checkdown guy that will draw the DB's in they will force him to beat them long, which I do not have much confidence in him being able to do. I would like to see Tyrod do well, but he still looks too much like Thad Lewis with a better arm to me. Good change of pace guy. EJ needs work to become more confident and consistent, but to me, he clearly still has the most upside. Also, now that I've seen first hand the plays these idiots are goring EJ for, I realize that we are being given a completely different picture. My suspicions of these guys having a bias is confirmed.

Do not believe what they are saying.

BTW, EJ stayed after practice and worked on his wide receiver screen throws. I thought they looked pretty good.

Edited by BuffaloBob

No problem! BTW, I thought all of the QBs threw well against air, and they all have pretty good arms, except Cassel's long balls do not have the zip on them that the other three guys do.

They all threw pretty well 7 on 7 as well. But it's a whole nother ball game in 11 on 11.

I see Cassel as being a checkdown guy that will draw the DB's in they will force him to beat them long, which I do not have much confidence in him being able to do. I would like to see Tyrod do well, but he still looks too much like Thad Lewis with a better arm to me. Good change of pace guy. EJ needs work to become more confident and consistent, but to me, he clearly still has the most upside. Also, now that I've seen first hand the plays these idiots are goring EJ for, I realize that we are being given a completely different picture. My suspicions of these guys having a bias is confirmed.

Do not believe what they are saying.

BTW, EJ stayed after practice and worked on his wide receiver screen throws. I thought they looked pretty good.

Nice to hear some notes from last night. I was there Monday and felt the same way you do about the qbs.

Thank you.

And to the other chaps....if a throw is from the center of the field to the sidelines, and isn't caught or deflected, yes it will bounce and keep going quite a distance if it's thrown with any zip.

EJ has never appeared to play scared. He's consistently appeared to be clueless and anxious. When you can't complete a 5 yard dunk pass you shouldn't even be in the discussion, and should never have been drafted number uno.

He was drafted number 16 actually, which landed kiko and thereafter McCoy which helps the offense. I don't care about the 5 yard dunk passes to guys that are probably going to be bagging groceries in a few weeks. Are there a lot of reports of these 3rd string WR's doing better with TT or Cassel? If that were the case then I would agree with you.

That never happened. EJ was with the 1s against the 1s and he sucks.

Honestly though, no ones going to care even though it's a factor.

I think its a factor but what is the factor? How does he do under extreme pressure with a line that sucks and cant protect him? WRS not running the correct routes at full speed.

How does EJ do when its on him...

Just a thought towards Rex/Roman motivation to run those groupings.

sorry so late agin folks. trying to catch up.

dont you people haveajob work?

I think its a factor but what is the factor? How does he do under extreme pressure with a line that sucks and cant protect him? WRS not running the correct routes at full speed.

How does EJ do when its on him...

Just a thought towards Rex/Roman motivation to run those groupings.

sorry so late agin folks. trying to catch up.

dont you people haveajob work?

It would probably be the same as working under Marrone.

I was being sarcastic in my post you quoted BTW.