Bills training camp practice 8/12

Yeah. The tweets that came in yesterday said that no one was really good or bad. Then later, I guess John Murphy said differently. That EJ looked like he was regressing while the other two were holding steady.

while it does look like he's in the 3rd spot atm, I didn't gather that he was regressing. Rather, that he's not progressing. He's the same. The other 2 are making progress in the offense. That's what it sounds like to me from the media reports.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

while it does look like he's in the 3rd spot atm, I didn't gather that he was regressing. Rather, that he's not progressing. He's the same. The other 2 are making progress in the offense. That's what it sounds like to me from the media reports.

I imagine practicing with the 3's make things tricky. That's not necessarily an excuse but I can imagine it makes getting things done difficult.

Thanks and well put. I view it similarly, though I haven't seen as much progress in the Cassel reports besides that one very good practice a couple days ago. I also mistook the Murphy quote, he's pretty much in line with your thinking.

Hopefully TT keeps progressing if EJ doesn't.

Thanks and well put. I view it similarly, though I haven't seen as much progress in the Cassel reports besides that one very good practice a couple days ago. I also mistook the Murphy quote, he's pretty much in line with your thinking.

Hopefully TT keeps progressing if EJ doesn't.[

According to Sal's report, and i think Sal has been pretty balanced since taking over for Joe B, TT has been consistently progressing. And, as I've mentioned before, Cassel and EJ have taken their turns for having the worst day. I have yet to see Tyrod have it.

According to Sal's report, and i think Sal has been pretty balanced since taking over for Joe B, TT has been consistently progressing. And, as I've mentioned before, Cassel and EJ have taken their turns for having the worst day. I have yet to see Tyrod have it.

I've predicted on multiple occasions I thought EJ would wind up with the job -- and I'm not giving up on that until the next two preseason games -- but I agree with your premise that Taylor does appear to be the one QB who is consistently progressing.

I've predicted on multiple occasions I thought EJ would wind up with the job -- and I'm not giving up on that until the next two preseason games -- but I agree with your premise that Taylor does appear to be the one QB who is consistently progressing.

Believe me, I desperately want EJ to put it all together and flash the talent he's shown at times for whoke games.

But Tyrod at 70% of Russell Wilson would be a nice consolation prize.

Didn't I read the 3's O was going against the 1's D?

Shhhh...i got chastised by an individual when i mentioned that the other day...

But yes, it was reported AGAIN last night that EJ was running the 3's O against the 1's D.

If EJ can make somewhat progress running the 3's O at that point....he should excel with the 1's against others D'

But that is my wishful thinking

Only here. It gives some folks false hope.

Yeah I said it...and "made it up" or so was implied...

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 15h15 hours ago

EJ hit Goodwin on out near sideline but then all runs after that. Was 3rd team O vs. 1st team D.

Oh yeah, he must be an EJ supporter though:

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 2h2 hours ago

Re: EJ "throw into tent" tweets - from what I saw, ball (thrown down sideline) was behind shoulder of WR who never looked back for ball...

Edited by rsxfirefighter

But yes, it was reported AGAIN last night that EJ was running the 3's O against the 1's D.

If EJ can make somewhat progress running the 3's O at that point....he should excel with the 1's against others D'

EJ hit Goodwin on out near sideline but then all runs after that. Was 3rd team O vs. 1st team D.

Re: EJ "throw into tent" tweets - from what I saw, ball (thrown down sideline) was behind shoulder of WR who never looked back for ball...

Woods is 3rd string now?

Sal Capaccio @SalSports Aug 11

7-7 red zone work: EJ fires a bullet to back of end zone where Robert Woods beats Gilmore for TD. Coverage was tight. Throw was great.

Grey is 3rd string?

MarQueis Gray just made a terrific one handed catch reaching behind him on a ball thrown by EJ Manuel.

And Cassel is going against 3rd string? Since when did Gilmore get demoted

First play 11-11 starters both sides. Cassel goes deep sideline to Sammy. Good coverage by Gilmore. Incomplete but official calls PI on 24.

Wes Miller is a starter?

Sal Capaccio @SalSports Aug 10

EJ picked by......Wes Miller.

Cassel aginst 3rd stringers again?

Starters vs starters right now. And Cassel lays one on the money deep to Sammy for a TD. Beat Darby. #WelcomeToTheNFL

Only EJ is with 3rd?

Sal Capaccio @SalSports Aug 8

Tyron Taylor has big gain on run around edge. Then busted play able to gain yardage with legs. 3rd string both sides.

EJ with starters

EJ Manuel takes first snap in scrimmage. Seantrel Henderson gets start at right tackle. Sammy Watkins and Percy Harvin WRs.

Woods is 3rd string now?

7-7 red zone work: EJ fires a bullet to back of end zone where Robert Woods beats Gilmore for TD. Coverage was tight. Throw was great.

Grey is 3rd string?

MarQueis Gray just made a terrific one handed catch reaching behind him on a ball thrown by EJ Manuel.

First play 11-11 starters both sides. Cassel goes deep sideline to Sammy. Good coverage by Gilmore. Incomplete but official calls PI on 24.

Wes Miller is a starter?

Starters vs starters right now. And Cassel lays one on the money deep to Sammy for a TD. Beat Darby. #WelcomeToTheNFL

Only EJ is with 3rd?

Tyron Taylor has big gain on run around edge. Then busted play able to gain yardage with legs. 3rd string both sides.

EJ with starters

EJ Manuel takes first snap in scrimmage. Seantrel Henderson gets start at right tackle. Sammy Watkins and Percy Harvin WRs.

Last time I checked..we are talking recent (after scrimmage time). And yes, it was reported that EJ was given spot duty with the 1's this week. However, was primarily running with the 3's or otherwise known as the scout team...

Never said Cassel was playing 1 O' against 3 D'..but can see how you can infer that, assuming that I must be experiencing Tunnel vision and believing that only the 2 O can play against the 2 D....

All I said is that EJ playing with the 3 O' against the 1 D' will make him a lot better of a QB....he plays against the best with a weak supporting cast..

Well I guess Sammy and Shady are 3rd string :nana: (so I guess you can assume Grey and Woods are also 3rd....remember..you brought that up!! :worthy: )

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 17h17 hours ago

Mix & match here actually. McCoy & Watkins out there with 3s with EJ. Manuel lofts perfect flag route to O'Leary in tight coverage. Dropped.

Woods is 3rd string now?

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports Aug 11

Grey is 3rd string?

Wes Miller is a starter?

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports Aug 10

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports Aug 10

Only EJ is with 3rd?

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports Aug 8

EJ with starters

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports Aug 8

those tweets you posted are not from last night. The report of EJ running the 3rd team offense vs the 1st team defense at times was from last night.

Last time I checked..we are talking recent (after scrimmage time). And yes, it was reported that EJ was given spot duty with the 1's this week. However, was primarily running with the 3's or otherwise known as the scout team...

Never said Cassel was playing 1 O' against 3 D'..but can see how you can infer that, assuming that I must be experiencing Tunnel vision and believing that only the 2 O can play against the 2 D....

All I said is that EJ playing with the 3 O' against the 1 D' will make him a lot better of a QB....he plays against the best with a weak supporting cast..

Well I guess Sammy and Shady are 3rd string :nana: (so I guess you can assume Grey and Woods are also 3rd....remember..you brought that up!! :worthy: )

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 17h17 hours ago

Mix & match here actually. McCoy & Watkins out there with 3s with EJ. Manuel lofts perfect flag route to O'Leary in tight coverage. Dropped.

My only point was everyone that is an EJ supporter is saying his only chance is with the 3's and they are going against the 1 defense. That is completely incorrect and everyone is mixing and matching. The other point is that Cassel and Taylor are playing a lot better in the 1 and 2 against the 1 defense and EJ is throwing INT's, fumbling or hitting tents with the 3's against the 3's.

Edited by VABills

As negative as Joe B may be on the anti-EJ train, Chris Trapasso is such an EJ homer its just as bad. He honestly tries to justify the throw into the tent like it was completely normal.