Bills training camp practice 8/12

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ChrisTrapasso

EJ working on footwork / drops by throwing with Goodwin after practice.

EJ's after-practice "session" was only about 10-15 throws. But had helmet on, only QB I noticed doing some extra work.

@mikerodak

Former Jets FB John Conner asked if Rex is taking a risk signing Enemkpali. "No, not at all."

Even if he doesn't make it, no one can say it's because EJ doesn't work hard. I think that's why a lot of us are pulling for him.

I only just started listening, is Tyrod taking off on called pass plays? The tweets make it sound like a good portion of his plays were zone-read stuff.

Wasn't ignoring you. Sounds like he took off on at least 3 consecutive plays. 2nd team O vs 1st team D FWIW.

So EJ has a throw away and it get's the media's attention but not Cassel going 4-9 (I'm guessing based on the PBP). No media bias at all here.

Edited by The Wiz

I don't follow. He has the skill set to run the same concepts.

If you look at Taylor and look at Vick and Wilson/Kaep, who does he remind you of more?

I think he's got a Vick body type that is likely to fold over 2 seasons is kind of my point.

If you look at Taylor and look at Vick and Wilson/Kaep, who does he remind you of more?

I think he's got a Vick body type that is likely to fold over 2 seasons is kind of my point.

Wilson is basically the same type of body as Tyrod. Tyrod just needs to play smart, like Wilson does

Russel Wilson, if I'm picking one of those options to physically compare him to.

Wilson is basically the same type of body as Tyrod. Tyrod just needs to play smart, like Wilson does

He does, I agree. I'm just not sure TT can handle it or be as smart as Wilson is. Wilson is really great at knowing when to give up his body but we don't know what TT is going to do at this point.

But not the body to take the punishment....

When he runs, I don't see him taking a lot of punishment.

It's more about avoiding hits than body type. EJ's a big dude and still got injured because he is not a shifty runner. He didn't slide and is not that fast.

If the Bills draft a first-rounder to develop, they'll only need Tyrod for the short term anyway, in an ideal world. Bills can never develop a QB, though. :(