Bills training camp practice 8/10

YoloinOhio

It seems to be pointing to Cassell from what I'm reading on this board and in various articles. Tyrod or EJ had to make a move to get the spot and it appears they haven't to date. Cassell might be an improvement over Orton, and if we have to go with one of the three I'd take the guy least likely to lose the game with dumb moves. I wish we had other choices, but Cassell is looking like the guy...at least for now.

Let me start by saying I hate Orton. I hated the move to bench EJ, I hated that a fan yelled bring back Orton, I hated watching him quit on 3rd and short. Matt Cassel wishes he was Kyle Orton. Matt has thrown for a lower completion percentage, less ypg, less tds, more ints, and has a lower qb rating than Orton over there career (both came in 2005. Some of the numbers are close but we saw what Orton got us last year. Cassel is not someone who won't lose games with dumb moves. He will do that and also lose games with piss poor play. Everyone likes to point to EJs game against Tampa as a poor performance. He was a rookie. Matt Cassel had a similar game last year. In his 10th year in league. He had 1 td and 4 ints while taking 6 sacks against the Pats*. Yes the same one that the Bills will play twice this year. Cassel is bad. I am sad to see him even being discussed as the starter.

Edited by section122

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JoKe B sounds giddy! :lol:

@JoeBuscaglia

Matt Cassel took the lead at quarterback today. That, plus six other observations from today's #Bills practice: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-bills-training-camp-observations-day-9

Bills LVP: QB EJ Manuel

- Manuel had a huge opportunity to gain solid footing in the quarterback competition following the scrimmage, in which Rex Ryan said he was impressed the most by the former first-round pick. Instead, Manuel had one of his worst practices of the summer. Even though the interception wasn’t his fault, the inaccuracy throughout the session was.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Let me start by saying I hate Orton. I hated the move to bench EJ, I hated that a fan yelled bring back Orton, I hated watching him quit on 3rd and short. Matt Cassel wishes he was Kyle Orton. Matt has thrown for a lower completion percentage, less ypg, less tds, more ints, and has a lower qb rating than Orton over there career (both came in 2005. Some of the numbers are close but we saw what Orton got us last year. Cassel is not someone who won't lose games with dumb moves. He will do that and also lose games with piss poor play. Everyone likes to point to EJs game against Tampa as a poor performance. He was a rookie. Matt Cassel had a similar game last year. In his 10th year in league. He had 1 td and 4 ints while taking 6 sacks against the Pats*. Yes the same one that the Bills will play twice this year. Cassel is bad. I am sad to see him even being discussed as the starter.

I tend to point more at Houston last year as a poor performance. I really havent seen anyone bring up Tampa referring to EJ.

. Everyone likes to point to EJs game against Tampa as a poor performance. He was a rookie. Matt Cassel had a similar game last year. In his 10th year in league. He had 1 td and 4 ints while taking 6 sacks against the Pats*. Yes the same one that the Bills will play twice this year. Cassel is bad. I am sad to see him even being discussed as the starter.

Do you really expect Bills to have 19 rush attempts and 36 pass attempts a game this year? Are you also saying that Shady is as good as Matt Asiata when using that game as a comp?

PS - To add, look at the boxscore of Minny's first game last year, which is more in line with how Bills offense will operate.

Edited by GG

Exactly...

This is beautiful, Joe B just declares that Manuel pass was "horrid". Sounds like maybe the problem wasn't the pass.

also, Astro mentioned that Harvin didn't run his full route when EJ missed him. Astro is able to realize this, but the reporters assume he just missed him. It shows a lack of football knowledge and it's hard to take their analysis seriously.

also, Astro mentioned that Harvin didn't run his full route when EJ missed him. Astro is able to realize this, but the reporters assume he just missed him. It shows a lack of football knowledge and it's hard to take their analysis seriously.

the complaining and whining about the poor reporting is getting almost as annoying as the poor reporting. As is my whining about everyone else's whining. We get it, he sucks. That's why I don't click anymore. You should try it.

Hopefully one of Cassel, EJ, or Tyrod does on a consistent basis in practices and preseason games.

Agreed. I've just sort of been rooting against Cassel because I really want one of the young guys to win so I figured it was time to give him a little love for playing well.

Joe B reminds me of someone that learned everything he knows about football from Todd McShay write-ups... :lol:

And I'm only half joking...I'm definitely not one who believes you had to play the game to talk about it intelligently...But an expert is an expert, and a reporter is a reporter...And maybe it's just me...But if a reporter is not a jock, I pay less attention to them on the X's and O's stuff...Some things are obvious to the non-jock eye...Some are not...I don't see Joe B as a jock...So...It's hard to take his play-to-play analysis seriously... B-)

the complaining and whining about the poor reporting is getting almost as annoying as the poor reporting. As is my whining about everyone else's whining. We get it, he sucks. That's why I don't click anymore. You should try it.

Please allow us to vent and trample on the guy in peace...

Thank you very much... :D

Thats just it- I thanked Astro for that as well.

The other thing I saw Friday at Camp that I don't see ANYWHERE is that Tyrod doesn't throw on time.

He rarely makes a decision and throws it within a 3 to 4 second window.

That should be a MASSIVE red flag to ALL the reporters / experts / wtvr they claim to be.

I tend to point more at Houston last year as a poor performance. I really havent seen anyone bring up Tampa referring to EJ.

My apologies. It happened in the shoutbox. EJs bad game last year was still much better than Cassel vs the Pats*. In 2.5 games Cassel went for 3 tds, 4ints, and 4 fumbles. In 4 games EJ went for 5 tds, 3 ints, and 1 fumble. Again Cassel made more mistakes in less playing time.

Cassel looks even worse if you go back to the start of 2013. He played in 12 games and EJ played in 14 (including obviously this being his rookie year) during this time frame. In 2013 EJ went 11tds : 9 ints, in 2013 in 10 games. His 9th year in the league, Cassel went 11tds : 9ints in 9 games. So identical stats for a 9th year player and a rookie. Who do we want leading this team?

Do you really expect Bills to have 19 rush attempts and 36 pass attempts a game this year? Are you also saying that Shady is as good as Matt Asiata when using that game as a comp?

PS - To add, look at the boxscore of Minny's first game last year, which is more in line with how Bills offense will operate.

First I will point you to KOK's link. That was clearly a blown call. A first there and maybe the drive continues. Maybe EJ leads them to a td. Crazy that his career could end on a blown clear call.

Now I will address your post. Yes there certainly will be at least one game where the Bills end up with a line like that. It happens every year. If a team jumps out on the Bills then they will be forced to pass. For your second question, how about Cassel and EJ having the same stats in 2013. You know when EJ was a rookie and Cassel had the benefit of Peterson (who is better than Shady) as well as being in his 9th year. I see Minny's boxscore and say yes every team would love to win 34-6. Even in that game though Cassel had 2 fumbles. He is not this calming veteran presence that takes care of the ball that people claim him to be.

Sal Maiorana @salmaiorana

One thing I'm tired of hearing from NFL players - "the main thing is to have fun." For amateurs, yes. In the NFL, winning is main thing

EJ Manuel said that last night. I'm glad he had fun, meanwhile, the fans were aggravated he and the other QBs and the entire offense stunk

Meanwhile, Aaron Williams on Rex:

"He’s fun. He’s the best. You would never expect a head coach to be like that" Williams said. "He’s very loose but at the same time he’s serious and wants things to be done in a certain way. But he never makes a meeting a serious one. He’s always joking around. He wants us to have fun. He feels like if we’re not having fun, we’re not going to play a certain way or to a type of level he wants."

- from Rex Ryan a big hit with Bills defense, WGR

I wonder if Sal will take it up with Rex, or if it's just his ongoing thing for EJ?

One thing I'm tired of hearing from NFL players - "the main thing is to have fun." For amateurs, yes. In the NFL, winning is main thing

EJ Manuel said that last night. I'm glad he had fun, meanwhile, the fans were aggravated he and the other QBs and the entire offense stunk

Meanwhile, Aaron Williams on Rex:

"Hes fun. Hes the best. You would never expect a head coach to be like that" Williams said. "Hes very loose but at the same time hes serious and wants things to be done in a certain way. But he never makes a meeting a serious one. Hes always joking around. He wants us to have fun. He feels like if were not having fun, were not going to play a certain way or to a type of level he wants."

- from Rex Ryan a big hit with Bills defense, WGR

I wonder if Sal will take it up with Rex, or if it's just his ongoing thing for EJ?

What a clown this guy is. He should just shut up and be happy he gets to cover a sport for his "job."

When did reporters and writers become so righteous?