Bills training camp practice 8/10

YoloinOhio

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They asked Robey who he thought would win the QB competition. He said "I like what Tyrod is doing." Then mentioned EJ. No mention of Cassel. Non committal obviously but interesting.

I heard that too. The players seem to really like what TT brings.

#ABC

But...but...Cassel is starting the first preseason game!

I have a feeling that's all about the team thinking he should be the most comfortable with the playbook at this time of all the QB's. And I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm sure there are people here who would say what you did with conviction :)

I think there's some logic in suggesting the Bills are giving Cassel the first start so they can rule him out more quickly if he plays poorly.

It's pretty clear the order of performance in the scrimmage was EJ, TT, Cassel.

Side note re: preseason betting. If I was foolish enough to wager on preseason games, I think the Bills are a good bet. Lots of depth, and three QBs all really trying to win a starting job. Not your typical preseason.

I think there's some logic in suggesting the Bills are giving Cassel the first start so they can rule him out more quickly if he plays poorly.

Side note re: preseason betting. If I was foolish enough to wager on preseason games, I think the Bills are a good bet. Lots of depth, and three QBs all really trying to win a starting job. Not your typical preseason.

Someone over on rumblings suggested that Rex has no idea what to do at QB, so he's going in alphabetical order for the starts (Cassel, Manuel, Taylor) :lol:

But...but...Cassel is starting the first preseason game!

Until I see otherwise, I will continue to believe that each QB will start a preseason game.

Cassel starts P1 vs. Carolina

EJ starts P2 @ Cleveland

Tyrod starts P3 vs. Pittsburgh

Simms starts P4 @ Detroit

I've stopped reading this crap. Whatever happens, happens. The Bills will be media darlings if one of these QBs performs adequately and we shoot out of the gate 4-0.

Until I see otherwise, I will continue to believe that each QB will start a preseason game.

EJ starts P2 @ Cleveland

Oh sure, give EJ the road game against a Pettine defense. #rigged

;)

EJ starts P2 @ Cleveland

IMO, the QB who performs best against Carolina and Cleveland will get the start vs. Pittsburgh.

Oh sure, give EJ the road game against a Pettine defense. #rigged

;)

Hey, he needs to learn sometime!

Plus, I figured it'd be an advantage playing him against the D he practiced with as a rookie.

IMO, the QB who performs best against Carolina and Cleveland will get the start vs. Pittsburgh.

Could happen...I just think that they want each guy to get a chance to run with the 1's in a game situation. Plus, they can keep their real intentions shrouded as long as possible.

Letting EJ and TT go against the 2s and 3s is actually the smart way to get them some success and build toward picking a starter. If either guy had trouble moving the ball against the Carolina starters it would be a media shitstorm...

Letting EJ and TT go against the 2s and 3s is actually the smart way to get them some success and build toward picking a starter. If either guy had trouble moving the ball against the Carolina starters it would be a media shitstorm...

True, but it goes both ways. The media would then put the spin on it that it was against the 2nd/3rd string defense and Cassel still gets the benefit of the doubt while going up against the 1s.

Edited by The Wiz

This is what I am most excited about for pre-season...we get to watch a FULL game that matters because the QB watch is on big time.