[closed]Rowdy Roddy Piper and the Buffalo Bills

This is a message board... Seems like a good place to share articles, no?

fine line. TSW and TBD doesn't compete with TBN, AP or other big media outlets. But it does compete with smaller Bills news outfits.

go away.

there is already a thread on this

stop trolling

discuss your content here and stop taking traffic away just to make $.03 per click.

Is there another thread? Doing a search of 'roddy' brings me here. Thanks Ryan for posting that clip. It brought a smile to my face. "Who's Joe Ferguson? He's the guy that keeps missing them."

I'm seeing that. I didn't think it was such a big deal but if that's the case I won't share any more articles here and just contribute to discussions when time permits.

Sorry, honestly didn't mean to be nasty or anything. Just thought it was kind of inappropriate.

Is there another thread? Doing a search of 'roddy' brings me here. Thanks Ryan for posting that clip. It brought a smile to my face. "Who's Joe Ferguson? He's the guy that keeps missing them."

yes. On off the wall where it belongs. This is not bills related. I don't care if he cut a promo on the bills or not. This is just Ryan trying to get clicks. Sad

I am confused about the negative reactions in this thread:

--Why is this link not appropriate to some, just a way to get viewers?

--Why is the video, a pro wrestler having some fun with the Bills a long time ago, and upon his passing, not acceptable content on Two Bills Drive?

Curious to know the answers.

I enjoyed it, hadn't seen Rowdy Roddy for decades.

I am confused about the negative reactions in this thread:

--Why is this link not appropriate to some, just a way to get viewers?

--Why is the video, a pro wrestler having some fun with the Bills a long time ago, and upon his passing, not acceptable content on Two Bills Drive?

Curious to know the answers.

I enjoyed it, hadn't seen Rowdy Roddy for decades.

>why is this link not appropriate?

If directs traffic from this site where the topic should be discussed to another site. If Ryanwhoever wanted to discuss this topic with us he could have posted that entire article here. Being that he is just a blogger and not a legit news source changes the material. If it was someone like Tim Graham or John Wawrow then it is their livelihood and the material is disseminated across the internet. This, this site of Ryans is where he creates content to have discussed on his forum where he himself personally seeks a profit and reaps the benefits. Wawrow and Graham might get some bonus money for clicks but they are paid regardless and not off of content advertisers.

>Bills related belongs on Bills site

Yes, it is Bills related loosely. But, everywhere WWE goes they get professional athletes to show up to mark out to the local yokal in the crowd and pander to the people. Having any Bills players there because they were in Buffalo is just obvious.

Combine this with all the stuff Ryan posts and it is clear he just wants clicks and his content is weak, often times remarkably so.

But, this is all my opinion and I am an idiot, so what do i know?

I can't believe that anyone would even care to negatively comment about this thread... A man died yesterday.. a man who was a very big part of our culture and a man that I knew personally. I am a HUGE Bills fan... I love this organization dearly. I also LOVE Roddy dearly. Rowdy was working during that promo and somebody brought it to light. I could give a rats ass if this thread exists somewhere else. Maybe this guy didn't know and in all reality who gives a crap. Oh I know.. the two bills drive nazi police care. Get over yourselves... and once again who gives a crap if he's driving traffic. He's conducting business at the same time as discussing a topic that meant something to him. Big F'n deal.. GO BILLS!!! and RIP Roddy!!! you were one of a kind!!!

I can't believe that anyone would even care to negatively comment about this thread... A man died yesterday.. a man who was a very big part of our culture and a man that I knew personally. I am a HUGE Bills fan... I love this organization dearly. I also LOVE Roddy dearly. Rowdy was working during that promo and somebody brought it to light. I could give a rats ass if this thread exists somewhere else. Maybe this guy didn't know and in all reality who gives a crap. Oh I know.. the two bills drive nazi police care. Get over yourselves... and once again who gives a crap if he's driving traffic. He's conducting business at the same time as discussing a topic that meant something to him. Big F'n deal.. GO BILLS!!! and RIP Roddy!!! you were one of a kind!!!

well said.. :thumbsup:

>why is this link not appropriate?

If directs traffic from this site where the topic should be discussed to another site. If Ryanwhoever wanted to discuss this topic with us he could have posted that entire article here. Being that he is just a blogger and not a legit news source changes the material. If it was someone like Tim Graham or John Wawrow then it is their livelihood and the material is disseminated across the internet. This, this site of Ryans is where he creates content to have discussed on his forum where he himself personally seeks a profit and reaps the benefits. Wawrow and Graham might get some bonus money for clicks but they are paid regardless and not off of content advertisers.

>Bills related belongs on Bills site

Yes, it is Bills related loosely. But, everywhere WWE goes they get professional athletes to show up to mark out to the local yokal in the crowd and pander to the people. Having any Bills players there because they were in Buffalo is just obvious.

Combine this with all the stuff Ryan posts and it is clear he just wants clicks and his content is weak, often times remarkably so.

But, this is all my opinion and I am an idiot, so what do i know?

Regarding weak content, iirc Ryan for several years now has done an outstanding job giving information on UDFAs upon signing. Its much appreciated as it can be tough to find good info on those little-known prospects.

I have so many wonderful memories of Piper over the years. As a kid I was captivated when he beat Hollywood Hogan at Starrcade '96...the first to beat the 'bad guy' version of Hogan, he engrossed me in the story with his gritty, realistic approach to the acting part of the job.

Ric Flair likes to tell stories of going into South America and other places with Roddy, and Piper as a baddie would ignite the foreign crowds to the point that Flair feared for his life as they tried to leave the ring/stage area through a riot. Flair also talks about how Piper was so talented and versatile, and such a lightning rod that smaller promoters wouldn't know what to do with him. They'd actually send their best asset home, put him on leave while they tried to figure out how to use a guy who could play any character you wanted and find a way to connect it with his audience on an emotional level. and always brought it in the ring between bells.

I've lost interest in the modern product but thankfully was still watching when Piper produced this gem, playing the wisened vet on Piper's Pit come to defend the innocent but misguided AJ Lee from her talented but selfish boyfriend Daniel Bryan. As he did so often under the WWF/E banner, Piper takes a cartoonish storyline and makes it something personally relatable.

He was a consummate family man who brought very real joy to masses of people. I like to think the bagpipes were playing as Roddy walked down the aisle into his next life, God bless.

Edited by Aaron

There have been a lot of wrestlers that had a Buffalo Bills connection, so I don't get why people are getting so uptight about an old wrestling promo from 31 years ago and honoring a man that many of us have grew up watching.

RIP Roddy, thanks for all the memories!