Cecil the Lion

May Day 10

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It's been misreported in several ways, of course (the primary one being: no one paid to hunt Cecil. You pay for a lion license, not a "Cecil the lion" license).

But this isn't hunting - there's no way this guy isn't guilty of poaching.

Yes. It's been misreported in several ways, of course (the primary one being: no one paid to hunt Cecil. You pay for a lion license, not a "Cecil the lion" license).

But this isn't hunting - there's no way this guy isn't guilty of poaching.

This isn't the first time he has been in trouble either for hunting... I believe he is banned in his hometown from hunting, IIRC.

This isn't the first time he has been in trouble either for hunting... I believe he is banned in his hometown from hunting, IIRC.

His professional hunter, too, is widely known for being an unethical bastard.

From everything I've seen, this guy didn't have a license for lion, hunting lion on a concession that didn't have a quota for lion, who baited a lion out of a preserve (not illegal, but a shitbird move), then blinded it with a spotlight (which is unethical, and I believe illegal) and shot it at night (with a bow and arrow, because it's illegal to hunt after dark and a gun would have been heard).

I hold a grudging respect for anyone who hunts lion with a bow - lions are tough as hell; taking one with a gun is a pretty iffy proposition. With a bow, the lion has all the advantage, and you're really putting your life on the line. But make no mistake, everyone involved is an !@#$, and needs to burn.

Bow hunting now has become so technologically advanced (arrowheads included) that he may as well have been using a rifle. Unless the animal is killed outright they die via hemorrhage, a slow and painful process as every movement rocks the arrowhead and causes more damage. Brave SOB wants to hunt Lions? Even the playing field-do it with a Bowie knife.

Sorry, I'm just p!ssed.

Sport hunters are some of the biggest "tough guys" on the planet. They'd starve to death if they had to do a true hunt without guides, bait, high tech weapons.

What personally pisses me off here is the 40 hours of suffering enduring by the lion and that we still have douchebags on this planet still hunting rare animals.

This particular jerk not only has ruined his life, but the life of his family for a head on a wall. Animal rights people don't let this go. He'll be living Casey Anthony style forever.

It won't surprise me to see his dental practice over, and he's got to move the whole family far far away to start over. That is if he somehow escapes extradition and jail time for something that is equivalent to the crime of poaching. If he gets jail time, no way he's making it out of there.

All this uproar over a lion, but the same people don't bat an aye over killing millions of babies and selling their body parts.

an aye?

and what the hell are you talking about

the two aren't connected in any way, this thread is about a lion, not the stuff going on at planned parenthood or on the mean streets of the united states....surprisingly enough most of us are capable of caring about many issues at the same time without diminishing the importance of another issue

and fwiw, it is being discussed by a lot more people than this topic right here -- http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177672-abortion/

All this uproar over a lion, but the same people don't bat an aye over killing millions of babies and selling their body parts.

Edited by The Poojer

Your right

He was charged before for poaching a black bear

CBF

But he feel bad this time.

Classic case of feeling bad that you were caught, and not feeling bad about the action. The dude is F**(%. I say good. Put his ass in a foreign jail.